Author Topic: 2022-23 NFL Season  (Read 11480 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
2022-23 NFL Season
« on: April 28, 2022, 07:58:07 PM »
Draft is going right now, trades are flying

Aj brown to the iggles

Hollywood brown to the Cardinals

Pickett to the stillers

Saints pick olave and Pennington, so I'm happy

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
Re: 2022-23 NFL Season
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 01:08:03 AM »
This Deebo situation has me bummed.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 676
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 04:30:22 AM »
The ny football giants A+ draft, man … the Texans…. Well. Stingley high ceiling, but is injury prone. I wanted Sauce if taking a CB. I get Stingley has the SEC pedigree. And trading back 2 picks instead of taking Kyle Hamilton at 13 smh. Green, local kid, day 1 starter no doubt. Just seems you could’ve gotten OL in the later rounds… probably why I’m not a gm lol guess they see something i don’t.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

thebacker

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 05:24:41 AM »

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 05:41:49 AM »
Vikings trade back as per the usual...  Trade looks bad on paper giving up more value than we got, but managed to still fill a position of need at pick 32 and we pick second today, if they make it count than I'm not stressing over it.  The draft can be such a crap shoot anyway.

Get hungry on it!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 01:26:51 AM »
Steelers analysis - I really, really hate the Pickett pick. You just spent your first round pick on a guy who profiles to have essentially the same ceiling as Trubiskey and a lot of the same limitations, and on top of that you could have almost certainly taken him with one of your next 2 picks because no one else was going to touch a qb until day 2. It really feels like Kevin Colbert just drafted him to shut up all the yinzers who only knew of Pickett because he played at Heinz on Saturdays. Like "this is what you idiots want? Alright.. Have fun with that. I'm retired now."

Pickens I'm good with, we needed a wr to replace juju and he has the size and speed to play outside. Calvin Austin is a fun pick, I don't hate it if we actually integrate him into the offense but if he's just there to return kicks no thanks.

That 3rd round DL is hard to evaluate. He's a tweener but the steelers love that shit for some reason.

Im sorry but I fucking hate taking Connor Heyward in the 6th. I get that it's a favor to his big brother who is a bona-fide Steelers legend at this point but he's another one that I'm pretty sure no one else would have touched. Hes too slow and upright to be an NFL rb and too small and not good enough of a blocker to play TE. People are projecting him as a FB but again, he's not a great blocker and we hardly use Derek Watt who is actually an NFL FB and is making like 4 mil a year playing special teams for us. We don't need two nepotism/charity cases and we definitely don't need to spend draft picks on special teamers.

Also sad the eagles sniped Nakobe Dean out from under us. I wanted him bad. Dean might have been the steal of the draft if he ever gets healthy.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 06:51:26 AM »
Baker Mayfield to the Panthers. Unpopular opinion, he’s gonna take Carolina places. At least make the playoffs first season then probably 1st round exit. Matt Rhule in hot seat, 10-23 in two seasons ouch

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 08:25:46 AM »
Baker Mayfield to the Panthers. Unpopular opinion, he’s gonna take Carolina places. At least make the playoffs first season then probably 1st round exit. Matt Rhule in hot seat, 10-23 in two seasons ouch

I've always been a fan of baker. I hate how quickly Cleveland gave up on him after leading them to THE PLAYOFFS. We're talking about the fucking Browns here, and they went and blew it up for a serial predator

thebacker

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2022, 04:37:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've always been a fan of baker. I hate how quickly Cleveland gave up on him after leading them to THE PLAYOFFS. We're talking about the fucking Browns here, and they went and blew it up for a serial predator

Exactly… like he’s certainly better than 3-4 current starters IMO….

Sure hes had his moments, but Cleveland essentially chose a sexual degenerate over him. I hope Baker crushes them week 1…

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2022, 05:50:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Browns alienating their number 1 pick franchise qb so they could give the most guaranteed money in history to a guy who's almost certainly going to miss a bunch of games and will very possibly have not played a down in 2 seasons by the time he takes the field for them is peak Cleveland football comedy. Cincy used to be almost on par for sheer hilarity (literally giving us a playoff win is pretty hard to top) but they've gotten their shit together since Uncle Marv finally left.

I mean they're probably still going to be better than us next year, but I'm going to laugh so hard when Watson comes back 20 pounds overweight and throws 30 picks and they can't pay anyone else.

Baker might win some games if CMC doesn't have his annual major injury. He definitely needs to learn to get rid of the ball though because unless Ekwonu can play 4 position at once he's gonna get killed trying to make big dick plays with his average guy dick. They have a solid wr corps though... Moore is a legit stud, Robby Anderson is a great deep threat, and they brought in Rashard Higgins who at times put up decent numbers with Baker in Cleveland.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2022, 06:03:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Didn’t they give him a couple fucking jokes of coaches?   

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2022, 02:56:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Didn’t they give him a couple fucking jokes of coaches?

Yeah. Started under Hue Jackson and his hilarious career winning percentage of .205, then later Freddie Kitchens gave us some more absolute comedy gold. Actually now that I think about it all of his coaches got fired and are now out of the league.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2022, 03:36:28 AM »
Go Pack, and fuck the Bears.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

adumb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2022, 04:27:24 PM »

Starting job is Mayfield's to lose I think. Darnold got that Jets itis so hes fucked. Career back-up.

adumb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 04:10:51 PM »

Ya he got hosed in Cleveland. They'll be regretting the Watson trade.
Starting job is Mayfield's to lose I think.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2022, 04:35:34 PM »
Go Pack, and fuck the Bears.

Hey, fuck you pal. Cheese curd fuck.

But whatever the Bears will be lousy, hopefully Fields looks ok this year. I’m just happy my gf is a Bills fan since that’s exciting to watch.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2022, 06:54:01 PM »
I'm riding the fucking jameis roller coaster but mt is healthy and olave looks like a fucking dime. Just gotta wait for that kamara suspension to be over

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2022, 08:10:58 PM »
I'm riding the fucking jameis roller coaster but mt is healthy and olave looks like a fucking dime. Just gotta wait for that kamara suspension to be over

Shit if they only gave Watson 6 games for apparently being a real life Quagmire level sex pest then I can't see Kamara sitting for more than 2 for getting in a bar fight and he misses that every year anyways.

Olave is gonna be real good. He's a dude who Jameis will have a hard time overthrowing. I don't think he's going to blow up and put up 1200 yds and 10 tds right away (especially if Thomas actually plays) but I could definitely see him being this years Devonta Smith.

I'd take Jameis over Trubiskey or Pickett in a heartbeat. At least he's entertaining.

thebacker

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2022, 11:03:01 AM »
Eagles fans in mid season form already

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2022, 01:51:38 PM »
We really have a lovely collection of different fan bases in here

thebacker

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2022, 02:07:52 PM »
Eagles fans in mid season form already

mid season form lasts 365 days babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2022, 03:19:08 PM »
We really have a lovely collection of different fan bases in here

Been on here many moons… I’m throughly enjoying this these days. My inner sports nerd is finally able to come out on slap lol

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2022, 03:47:26 PM »
As one of the seven remianing Chargers fans in the world, I’m stoked to watch another season that is hyped up to be rad but ends in total horseshit.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2022, 05:07:19 PM »
As one of the seven remianing Chargers fans in the world, I’m stoked to watch another season that is hyped up to be rad but ends in total horseshit.

I don’t mind them now that they’re in LA.  Ironically, that’s the exact reason I hate the fucking Clippers and fantasize about them moving back to San Diego.  (I can justify this by pointing to the Chargers having like one season in LA before any of the SD seasons)

Also, are the Clippers the only team that exists to cater entirely to people who weren’t born in that city?   I know some people are deluded enough to like them on their own merits, but going back to the Elton Brand/Billy Crystal days, Clippers just solely existed for basketball fans who couldn’t root for the Lakers

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2022, 05:07:57 PM »

Damn a born and bred San Diego charger fan or an LA fan?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2022, 05:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t mind them now that they’re in LA.  Ironically, that’s the exact reason I hate the fucking Clippers and fantasize about them moving back to San Diego.  (I can justify this by pointing to the Chargers having like one season in LA before any of the SD seasons)

Also, are the Clippers the only team that exists to cater entirely to people who weren’t born in that city?   I know some people are deluded enough to like them on their own merits, but going back to the Elton Brand/Billy Crystal days, Clippers just solely existed for basketball fans who couldn’t root for the Lakers

I wish they would come home to SD where they belong :'(

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2022, 05:14:10 PM »
Just might be one of the most exciting times to be a Chargers fan. Legit young QB universally praised. A madman head coach going for it on 4th down more than any other team. Downside, AFC West filled with assassins

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2022, 05:24:17 PM »
You still down with The Chargers Senor Dale? Majority of my friends are not fans anymore. One pal took it super hard. He had season tickets & now refuses to watch or support the NFL