Author Topic: Filming over skating?  (Read 940 times)

moshandwallies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Filming over skating?
« on: May 01, 2022, 01:47:04 PM »
Since I started filming I find myself way more focused into filming than the actual skating and I was wonder if it's only me or is a common thing.

Would like to hear some other personal thoughts.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Re: Filming over skating?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 03:58:24 PM »
That is something that is very common with a lot of people. Filming requires a lot passion and work, organizing sessions, battling the tricks out with the guys (filming shit for 4 hours and ending up empty handed), carrying heavy ass bags. Plus, you got the whole editing process, logging etc.

Im a filmer/photographer and had that happen to me a while back but now I designate days when I go out and film and others just for skating. Filming is sick and very rewarding but it definitely is a bummer when you love skating and have been out almost everyday in the streets yet you were barely able to skate.

Swizard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 11:09:02 AM »
I’ll second that. After 10 years of skate photography my skating has gone to shit. Carrying a huge bag full of gear on my back (and often extra stuff in my hands) makes it hard to even pop up a curb most of the time when I’m out. Don’t get me wrong, photography (and filming over the last couple of years) are my favourite things to do but I definitely wish I had spent more of the last decade actually skating.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 05:39:20 PM »
agree

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 04:33:51 AM »
Sometimes it's hard work; driving for ages or skating around a city, spending a considerable amount of time filming something with someone and perhaps, not even get it. A couple of days of that and you're like 'man, I just want to skate'.

I guess when you're not working on a big project with a deadline, maybe it's good to break it up a bit.

Saying all this I take both boards out, so I usually skate some spots with the muckas I'm filming with and I might get someone to film if they're not skating etc.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

moshandwallies

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 08:45:15 AM »
Sometimes it's hard work; driving for ages or skating around a city, spending a considerable amount of time filming something with someone and perhaps, not even get it. A couple of days of that and you're like 'man, I just want to skate'.

I guess when you're not working on a big project with a deadline, maybe it's good to break it up a bit.

Saying all this I take both boards out, so I usually skate some spots with the muckas I'm filming with and I might get someone to film if they're not skating etc.

I'm actually working on a big project but for myself, I decided the deadline but it's nothing stressful. I for sure take some breaks

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 04:23:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm actually working on a big project but for myself, I decided the deadline but it's nothing stressful. I for sure take some breaks

I want to do a proper deadline, but I doubt I'll get it for that (end of summer). So we're just going to smash it out and get shit done. At the moment we've hit a bit of a dead end; coming back with nothing on long sessions. Hopefully come out of that rut soon.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me