Author Topic: tony ferguson (MMA) got brain damage (CTE)  (Read 4377 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
tony ferguson (MMA) got brain damage (CTE)
« on: May 08, 2022, 01:50:07 AM »
Beloved boogey man Tony Ferguson got kicked in his face tonight and was brutally knocked out... It's really hard to watch, but I also feel that it's worth talking about... Shout out to my fellow lover of Ween @theboognish for posting this link in a UFC related thread;

https://streamja.com/5KPjN

Here's a video of him leaving the cage. He's completely unaware of what's going on and looks like he's on total auto pilot. Right after the knock out it took a solid 4 to 5 mins before he regained, "consciousness."

Knowing what we know about brain injuries, Alzheimer's, cte, this is really hard to watch.

This type of damage is truly life altering and is very rarely ever seen in skateboarding or any other major sport.

If you received this type of injury skateboarding would you continue to skate? If your friend got knocked out this badly skating, would you tell them to hang it up? Should Tony retire?

On an unrelated note, @theboognish, for the first time, I hooked up with this gal I've had my eye on for years listening to, The Mollusk, tonight. She started laughing during, "waving my dick in the wind." That's how I knew she was a keeper.

Fyi, she never called me to let know she got home safely.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: tony ferguson (MMA) got brain damage (CTE)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 06:14:09 AM »
My man ! Ween in the bedroom is a ballsy move, but it does set the tone for the night to come.

I think Tony's done. He has to be. He made his career off of being tougher than anyone else and now the wars are catching up with him. That Gaethje fight took a lot of out him, dude ate bombs for 25 minutes. and was barely recognizable after. Plus, the guy has a history of mental problems so for his sake and the sake of his family, I think he should hang 'em up and teach jiu-jitsu or something. Had a good start to the first round, but still ate some damage from Chandler on the ground.

But holy shit he was out for a long time, it was scary.

But yeah, head trauma like this can't be good. We had a really good up and coming skater in Montreal named Will Cristofaro who had a lot of potential, and repeated concussions really fucked him up for a few years. He's getting better and has started skating lightly again (with helmet), but he's still living with bad post-concussion symptoms to this day.

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 06:56:39 AM »
that broke my fucking heart, i love Tony.  i expect every fighter has cte to some degree

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 08:01:09 AM »

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 10:34:16 AM »
Tony should 100% retire. That gaethje fight took years off his life and he's taken nothing but beatings since then. It's tragic.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2022, 10:44:17 AM »