Author Topic: Christian Maalouf on Globe?  (Read 5765 times)

Makaveli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
Christian Maalouf on Globe?
« on: May 02, 2022, 08:55:52 AM »
Maybe file this in the “who cares” category. But for his fans, State made a goodbye post the other day, said he’s pursuing a new opportunity. That appears to be Globe. Skating Austyn’s shoe in his new story.

I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
Re: Christian Maalouf on Globe?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 08:58:32 AM »
Makes sense, he fits the new mold there. Lol at state I forgot they existed. Who even rides for them?

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 08:58:41 AM »
Nice. I'm a fan, hope he gets that bread.

Also, here's Gape by Mafikizolo for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcSVkmqBnvk&list=PLhP5yL_4kVnzN9M1bBJ8AbXHTIQ_Y5qrQ&index=191

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 09:03:39 AM »
he just became the brixton team manager

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 09:31:53 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMz46r4FVpQ

I implore anyone who hasn’t seen this, or maybe forgot about it, to watch it now. Dude is incredible.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 09:58:15 AM »
he just became the brixton team manager

That’s rad. I know he’s been a chef for a while now.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 10:07:30 AM »
Get that Australian money Chris!!!

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 10:47:51 AM »
if it's true, i'm kinda hyped on the globe team these days.

austyn
sammy montano
apples
aaron kim

i can see them putting together 20 minutes of fun footage

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 10:52:17 AM »
During my visits to the AZ scene, this kid had the absolute worst attitude out of anyone in the PHX area. He was great to everyone and anyone he viewed as important or connected in the scene but completely horrid to anyone wasn't "important." It bums me out when people come up like this.

He made many kids' trips to Salvation and Cowtown completely miserable. The absolute best example of why so many "core" shops are miserable places to hang out when you aren't "cool" or don't know anyone.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 10:58:03 AM »
During my visits to the AZ scene, this kid had the absolute worst attitude out of anyone in the PHX area. He was great to everyone and anyone he viewed as important or connected in the scene but completely horrid to anyone wasn't "important." It bums me out when people come up like this.

He made many kids' trips to Salvation and Cowtown completely miserable. The absolute best example of why so many "core" shops are miserable places to hang out when you aren't "cool" or don't know anyone.

i've heard this as well :/

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 11:05:48 AM »
It's been 10 years, I think Joe and Gavin should do a reboot
called 2 Maloofs 1 Cup

sk84gay

• Rep: -24
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 11:26:21 AM »
Vague shit talking without any real examples. Got to love the internet for giving everyone a voice.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 11:51:30 AM »
Would be sick to see him, Apples, and Mullen split a part to a sweet home Alabama cover by Ryan Goslings band.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2022, 11:57:43 AM »
Vague shit talking without any real examples. Got to love the internet for giving everyone a voice.

Expand Quote

[close]

Gonna need the details on this one.

Maalouf blocked me on IG, but after I chatted with Grant Yansura, I was reinstated. Seems like a mellow and silly thing to do. Can’t imagine someone who is a dick unblocking someone.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2022, 12:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Maalouf blocked me on IG, but after I chatted with Grant Yansura, I was reinstated. Seems like a mellow and silly thing to do. Can’t imagine someone who is a dick unblocking someone.

So, you're saying that once someone he felt was important told him to be nice to you, he was nice?

Dude worked at Salvation and then Cowtown. He knew he was "cool" cause he worked at the local "core" shop (Salvation was Murawski's shop sponsor and Murawski was very much the hometown hero (partially cause he was amazing and partially cause he was nice to absolutely everyone).

MaGoof was a dick to basically everyone who came in the door that he viewed as lesser. He was arrogant at the park, "cool" at any skate party (very much "what are you doing here?" vibes,), bragged about any connection he made, and rude to everyone cause he learned how to ollie high while visiting South Africa. Standard rich kid vibes.

In my brief visits to that scene, he made it very very hard to be on team MaGoof.

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2022, 12:34:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

So, you're saying that once someone he felt was important told him to be nice to you, he was nice?

Dude worked at Salvation and then Cowtown. He knew he was "cool" cause he worked at the local "core" shop (Salvation was Murawski's shop sponsor and Murawski was very much the hometown hero (partially cause he was amazing and partially cause he was nice to absolutely everyone).

MaGoof was a dick to basically everyone who came in the door that he viewed as lesser. He was arrogant at the park, "cool" at any skate party (very much "what are you doing here?" vibes,), bragged about any connection he made, and rude to everyone cause he learned how to ollie high while visiting South Africa. Standard rich kid vibes.

In my brief visits to that scene, he made it very very hard to be on team MaGoof.

You’ve posted this in every thread about the dude. He hurt your feelings bad as fuck when he was a teenager!

Anyway, he’s always been nice to me and I’m def nobody cool. Idk. People need to get paid!
p-shuvs and v-flips

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2022, 12:38:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Haha, gave me a good laugh. Fair point.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2022, 12:40:37 PM »
So step one is go to South Africa to learn how to Ollie high.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2022, 12:42:39 PM »

I implore anyone who hasn’t seen this, or maybe forgot about it, to watch it now. Dude is incredible.
hardly art, hardly starving

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2022, 12:44:43 PM »
The absolute best example of why so many "core" shops are miserable places to hang out when you aren't "cool" or don't know anyone.

Ain’t this the truth. I grew up down the street from a major core shop and as a kid could never pin-point why I was so uncomfortable there. I was nothing but respectful, kept my dumb kid hot takes to myself, fucking gave them money, and yet I always felt out of place. Honestly impacted the way I perceived skateboarders going forward.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2022, 01:08:05 PM »

You’ve posted this in every thread about the dude. He hurt your feelings bad as fuck when he was a teenager!

Anyway, he’s always been nice to me and I’m def nobody cool. Idk. People need to get paid!
Last response to this thread. And, we've had this convo before as well.

I'm curious about what you mean by "not important." Important is a relative term. Is some random dude who skates or rides motorcycles with Nick Trapasso "important"? Not necessarily, but many kids trying to come up in the mid-2000s are going to assume anyone who is friends with Trapasso is "important."

And, there are plenty of people who I didn't get along with that get passes when they get mentioned on SLAP. We can't expect to get along with everyone. Just as there are plenty of people that were nice that get passes as well. I don't feel the need to defend them when they get called out just cause they were nice to me.

What makes him special is that he was a dick to a huge number of people and made a rep for himself as a complete jerk. I'm super bummed on the dude because of the way he got ahead in skateboarding. There is something extra gross about being nice to "important/connected" people and then being a dick to everyone else. Dude was kind of a bully, which is a bummer.

Maybe he eventually changed. It has happened before, but yet to hear any stories that lead me to believe he learned how to be nice for the sake of being nice rather than for personal gain.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 01:20:42 PM by TheLurper »

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2022, 01:09:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

yeah he was like that back in the day but seems more mature and grounded now. at least that’s what i got from the past few times i’ve seen him.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2022, 01:41:29 PM »
Well Lurp, I mean you've definitely talked shit on him before. Even ridiculing his last name the same way. Might be good to bury the hatchet at this point, he's probably grown as a person since then.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2022, 01:51:46 PM »

He's a regular at my Local park which happens to be Chevy Chase, aka "Thrasher" park, and over covid I'd run into him there early mornings, COMPLETE OPPOSITE EXPERIENCE that this poster had, he was always down to shoot the shit about non skate related stuff, and would often hook up the local kids, him and Taylor Kirby are probably the 2 I see the most at that park and are the most down to earth.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2022, 02:20:45 PM »
Well Lurp, I mean you've definitely talked shit on him before. Even ridiculing his last name the same way. Might be good to bury the hatchet at this point, he's probably grown as a person since then.

They Should change avatar to Buscemi in Billy Madison

robocop

• Rep: 6
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2022, 02:22:31 PM »
Christian was nice to me and I'm a very unimportant skater. Seeing his pop in person is insane especially if he's going off a bump, fucking animorphs into a gazelle

LebowskisRug

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2022, 02:31:26 PM »
He was nice to me the several times I came across him while living in AZ and I was kind of a socially awkward nerd/definitely not cool. Once we actually at Cowtown when I came in to buy a setup after 8 years off the board and didn’t understand why I couldn’t get 7.5 anymore.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2022, 03:55:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Last response to this thread. And, we've had this convo before as well.

I'm curious about what you mean by "not important." Important is a relative term. Is some random dude who skates or rides motorcycles with Nick Trapasso "important"? Not necessarily, but many kids trying to come up in the mid-2000s are going to assume anyone who is friends with Trapasso is "important."

And, there are plenty of people who I didn't get along with that get passes when they get mentioned on SLAP. We can't expect to get along with everyone. Just as there are plenty of people that were nice that get passes as well. I don't feel the need to defend them when they get called out just cause they were nice to me.

What makes him special is that he was a dick to a huge number of people and made a rep for himself as a complete jerk. I'm super bummed on the dude because of the way he got ahead in skateboarding. There is something extra gross about being nice to "important/connected" people and then being a dick to everyone else. Dude was kind of a bully, which is a bummer.

Maybe he eventually changed. It has happened before, but yet to hear any stories that lead me to believe he learned how to be nice for the sake of being nice rather than for personal gain.
how long ago was this? as the other poster said, i've noticed you're always eager to shit talk him. maybe you need to dm him like a man.
also, as numerous other people have said, i was a nobody and chris was incredibly nice to me. super awesome dude.
i can't help but think that your interactions with him took place ~10+ years ago. a lot of people are dicks when they're younger and first start gaining traction in skating. maybe he was a dick when he was younger, but it's corny to have this vendetta against him for so long when he's clearly different from then. there's a lot of people i wouldn't be friends with now if i still judged them based off their behavior when they were like 19

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2022, 05:08:38 PM »
One time the guy at cowtown thought my gf was my mom