Author Topic: Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade  (Read 4247 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
Re: Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2022, 09:13:40 AM »
What the fuck, its like congrats we gonna swear in a black woman, but yea we gonna take away right to abortions. 

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2022, 09:32:52 AM »
So… Hillary wasn’t so bad after all huh guys?

There’s literally no difference between parties! I’m voting for Jill Stein!!!

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2022, 09:39:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well, I'm not a party sorta person, but regarding issues such as this and cursory voting rights, there's a big difference.

Maybe you're being sarcastic.

I hope so
The idea of living anywhere in the States other than California or New England at this time feels like an increasingly risky endeavor. All the paramilitary shit we have seen over the past 6 year is only going to increase as times goes forward. What stands out most to me are the rising militia memberships. Armed patrols have become a very, very real thing.

Use your noggins and don't just act with your heart/emotions. Stay safe

If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2022, 09:40:15 AM »
Pro life as they escalate ww3

Need to replace the soldiers that will be killed
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2022, 09:40:53 AM »
Expand Quote
it is amazing Ireland has legal abortion and soon half the US will not. I'm so sick of people who pretend to give a shit about the Constitution but don't understand that church and state are separate. Go practice your religion, but keep your religion the fuck out of my life.

I hope someone who is Jewish sues for the right to have an abortion as:

"Life does not begin at conception under Jewish law. Sources in the Talmud note that the fetus is “mere water” before 40 days of gestation. Following this period, the fetus is considered a physical part of the pregnant individual’s body, not yet having life of its own or independent rights. The fetus is not viewed as separate from the parent’s body until birth begins and the first breath of oxygen into the lungs allows the soul to enter the body."
[close]

Unfortunately we've got a bunch of complete opus dei freaks on the supreme court because the most evil people in our country play to win and because a certain girl boss decided to play chicken with father time

If she truly gave a shit about the causes she held dear, she absolutely should have quit during a Democratic supermajority. I get mad every time I see some dipshit sporting her swag.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2022, 09:43:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well, I'm not a party sorta person, but regarding issues such as this and cursory voting rights, there's a big difference.

I hope so
The idea of living anywhere in the States other than California or New England at this time feels like an increasingly risky endeavor. All the paramilitary shit we have seen over the past 6 year is only going to increase as times goes forward. What stands out most to me are the rising militia memberships. Armed patrols have become a very, very real thing.

I’m completely sarcastic. Unfortunately, I know a shit ton of people who hold that view. Maybe they’ll wake the fuck up before their rights are all gone but I doubt it.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2022, 10:03:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been registered to vote as a Green party in California since 2008 and still voted for Obama, and Hilary ...green party will never win presidential elections
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 10:36:16 AM by Abyss1 »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2022, 10:06:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I hope so

[close]

I’m completely sarcastic. Unfortunately, I know a shit ton of people who hold that view. Maybe they’ll wake the fuck up before their rights are all gone but I doubt it.

yeah, man, I was in around a lot of earlier 20s folks who thought themselves "leftist" at the time of the 2016 election who were arguing that both Hilary and Bernie were no good, that it didn't matter, that a Trump win would mobilize people on the left etc. Such people have minimal life experience, a limited view on contemporary politics or civics (how the branches of govt work) other than that it is broken, no historical knowledge, etc. Hasn't served the nation well, but man, I'm grateful for the government classes in community college where I learned about how the powers are supposed to be divided... none of these fuckwits think about the fucking judicial and lifetime appointments.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2022, 10:10:49 AM »
Ireland and Catholic/ Latin American countries have made great strides in reproductive rights over the last few years. The fact is abortion has always happened and always will happen. As evolved humans we owe it to women to keep them as safe as possible.

What happened to "Don't tread on me?" That's just for guns, right?

There are times to riot and it might be very soon...

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2022, 10:14:01 AM »
The GQP is going hard on reversing any sort of civil rights gains in their push to create a white theocratic nation.

Their anti-gay bills, anti-understanding racism bills, and their attempts to overthrow our democracy are terrifying.

I feel there is a belief that the left is on the right side of history or that the battles are already won or something. These people  are fucking crazy and coming out strong. And, they are fucking organized. The GQP has a well oiled outrage machine to work up the masses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffV7z5JdIRM
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 11:33:04 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2022, 10:14:56 AM »

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2022, 10:25:09 AM »

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2022, 10:31:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Then you voted for Republicans.

Third parties will NEVER take a presidency. A vote for a third party (presidency wise) is a wasted vote. Especially with the way the electoral college works. 

cky enthusiast

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2022, 10:37:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I hope so

[close]

who’s the president rn

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2022, 10:45:59 AM »
this is RBG's legacy

Its rough because in Obama's book he was telling her that it was her time and he'd find a good replacement but she wasn't hearing it from him

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2022, 10:52:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I hope so

[close]

[close]

who’s the president rn

Doesn't matter who is President right now. It matters who has been making it vocal that this was their intention (as well as getting rid of medicare and social security) from the get go and used their power to seat three SCOTUS amongst hundreds of other lifetime appointed federal judges.

It's a game of chess and the Republicans used their turn wisely (in their sense).

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2022, 10:54:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this is RBG's legacy
[close]

Its rough because in Obama's book he was telling her that it was her time and he'd find a good replacement but she wasn't hearing it from him
[close]
and, to be frank, i don't understand why obama didn't push the point harder than he did. hadn't she already had cancer by this point as well?

Yes, and Obama was told she wasn't looking good (despite that she did outlive the life expectation - no doubt due to her wealth as a justice).

Also heard that when she was on her deathbed one of her dying wishes was to not have Trump replace her

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2022, 10:54:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this is RBG's legacy
[close]

[close]
and, to be frank, i don't understand why obama didn't push the point harder than he did. hadn't she already had cancer by this point as well?

Because Obama represented the exact same empty corporate politics that brought us to this moment. And now he's fucked off to Martha's Vineyard to hang out with his wealthy friends. Dems have been coasting off of their minimal efforts or appeasement to the right for forty years.  They will not save you, they're here to rob you so they can put in barely any effort in opposing people who are willing to get their hands on the levers of power and use them to hurt as many people as they can. The dems are weak willed and half of them are corpses like Feinstein who will stop being a senator when they wheel her decrepit ass out on a gurney

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2022, 11:00:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this is RBG's legacy
[close]

[close]
[close]

Because Obama represented the exact same empty corporate politics that brought us to this moment. And now he's fucked off to Martha's Vineyard to hang out with his wealthy friends. Dems have been coasting off of their minimal efforts or appeasement to the right for forty years.  They will not save you, they're here to rob you so they can put in barely any effort in opposing people who are willing to get their hands on the levers of power and use them to hurt as many people as they can. The dems are weak willed and half of them are corpses like Feinstein who will stop being a senator when they wheel her decrepit ass out on a gurney

To be fair, Obama had a lot of respect for her and didn't want to force the issue, its probably the one and only thing that bothers me most about RBG, she couldn't let go of her power...which is really the problem than party affiliation

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2022, 11:05:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this is RBG's legacy
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah. What happens to the plebeian life doesn't affect them, not immediately anyways.

The same faction of corporate dems tried to pull another Obama when running Buttigieg. Obama was more palatable though, has a better personality or something.

Read Octavia Butler "Parable of the Sower." Especially for west coast folks, it feels more realistic and relatable than Handmaids Tale.. Same themes, none the less

Oligarchs, baby

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2022, 12:12:24 PM »
The Democratic party became the soft neo-liberal (free-market) party of the suburbs when Dukakis got fucking wrecked in '88. It was the only way they saw a way to compete. And in the short term, they were right. Clinton won in '92.

Ever since Dukasis's loss and Clinton's win. The Dems are the party of soft neo-liberalism compared to the GQP's theocratic fascism (fascism is a very capitalistic system). The Dems are afraid to enact the policies that they feel are best because they are afraid of freaking out the center-right suburbs (and many of them are the center-right suburbanites).

What scares me most is that I believe libertarianism's natural progression is into authoritarianism. A "free-market" in theory is great, but in reality it is terrifying. Life is not supposed to be a constant battle against other humans. We are not supposed to constantly worry about where our next meal is coming from or if we will have shelter tomorrow. The intense economic insecurity causes people to look for a "strong" leader to keep everything in line. 

The GQP is the natural progression from Friedman's free-market to authoritarianism. They pretend to promote the free market, but will interfere for the benefit of a select few and they attempt to project themselves through stereotypical masculine images of power, even if those images are just that, images.

Since I returned from living in Moscow for a bit, I've seen Russia as the GQP's dream future. Reliance on oil, hatred of academics, use of bureaucracy when they need to harm anyone outside of the in group but ignoring the laws when it benefits someone in group, repression inside of the country, but the power is based on superficial metrics rather than real metrics that matter (quality of life, life expectancy, housing, etc.).

Even Russia's army is the Carlson/Trump "masculine" wet dream. Carlson can boner up thinking the Russian army is full of Zangief from Street Fighter and Dolf from Rocky III clones, but it is a bunch of unorganized under supported kids. On Victory Day, Putin parades the army around like Russia is some significant military power. Victory Day in Moscow is fucking wild. Tanks roll through the streets for hours and hours, planes and helicopters fly around, soldiers march, and so on, but as we've seen in Ukraine their "power" is pretty weak (aside from the nukes), they are struggling to defeat a rather weak neighbor... the image was all bluster. Trump loved this shit and wanted to do the exact same thing.

We are fucked.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 12:28:29 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2022, 01:16:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Still waiting for a mass American exodus.
[close]

Don't come here.

live, laugh, love

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2022, 01:46:21 PM »
Congrats on the GOP successfully installing a Supreme Court that doesn't want to do anything the American people want. Dems did nothing to combat this happening. As said before they appointed people they knew would inject their religion into our laws. A complete attack on any civil rights related advancements we've made is next on the table.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2022, 01:53:58 PM »
Time to start fighting back.
Cocteau Twins

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2022, 02:02:42 PM »
The Democratic party became the soft neo-liberal (free-market) party of the suburbs when Dukakis got fucking wrecked in '88. It was the only way they saw a way to compete. And in the short term, they were right. Clinton won in '92.

Ever since Dukasis's loss and Clinton's win. The Dems are the party of soft neo-liberalism compared to the GQP's theocratic fascism (fascism is a very capitalistic system). The Dems are afraid to enact the policies that they feel are best because they are afraid of freaking out the center-right suburbs (and many of them are the center-right suburbanites).

The Dems saw what Regan did and knew that they were no longer going to win off of just liberal policies that got Carter elected.  Eventually they realized they would need corporations to lobby them if they would ever hope to regain power.  It was no surprise Trump and Bernies appeal to break this status quo is what gained them so much popularity with the common voters in 2016

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2022, 03:37:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this is RBG's legacy
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

To be fair, Obama had a lot of respect for her and didn't want to force the issue, its probably the one and only thing that bothers me most about RBG, she couldn't let go of her power...which is really the problem than party affiliation

Empty corporate politics and three liberal Supreme Court justices , I would have been a-ok with that. There are always hard political costs no matter how much people want to say “they’re all the same” and “voting doesn’t matter”

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2022, 06:11:03 PM »
Every guy who reads please watch Never Rarely Sometimes Always besides it being a good movie it really helps put into perspective abortions and what it's like for a girl to get one
Vumoo.to
Good free pirated site

matta

• Rep: 26
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2022, 08:38:11 PM »
Pointing the finger at RBG is a weird take to be honest

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2022, 10:18:21 PM »
Ireland and Catholic/ Latin American countries have made great strides in reproductive rights over the last few years. The fact is abortion has always happened and always will happen. As evolved humans we owe it to women to keep them as safe as possible.

What happened to "Don't tread on me?" That's just for guns, right?

There are times to riot and it might be very soon...

Modern conservatives (they should really be called recidivists, because that's what their actual platform is) are loud and proud hypocrites. Their positions are often logically indefensible so they rely on emotional ones rooted in religion and fear. Most of the constituents are a case study in dunning Kruger, convinced they know everything but have never left their bubble because they're so scared of changing anything (especially their mind despite mountains of evidence). A bunch of fucking pussies basically, which might be why they seem to hate them so much.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2022, 11:07:17 PM »
Make sure to get out and vote!

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.