Author Topic: Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade  (Read 4264 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2022, 12:16:26 AM »
It is interesting that some companies like Apple, Amazon, Citigroup, HP, Lyft, Uber, SalesForce (what does this company do?) etc., have vowed to pay for employee travel costs for abortions.

Rubio's dumb-ass is going to present some stupid bill to "punish" these corps for doing so.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 82
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2022, 12:17:37 AM »
Louisiana just announced they're going to ban IUD for birth control. These American taliban will not stop unless we stop them.
Cocteau Twins

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2022, 12:38:40 AM »
It is interesting that some companies like Apple, Amazon, Citigroup, HP, Lyft, Uber, SalesForce (what does this company do?) etc., have vowed to pay for employee travel costs for abortions.

Rubio's dumb-ass is going to present some stupid bill to "punish" these corps for doing so.

Salesforce is like Amazon Web Service and Azure.  It's virtualization in the cloud.  Instead of setting up something like an email server on the premise of your company, you could rent cloud storage from Salesforce and run it off that for your business.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2022, 01:50:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Salesforce is like Amazon Web Service and Azure.  It's virtualization in the cloud.  Instead of setting up something like an email server on the premise of your company, you could rent cloud storage from Salesforce and run it off that for your business.

They're also heavily into data analysis/analytics. Collecting, collating, and analyzing what seems to be trivial information that we freely give up (actively or passively) to "better meet our needs."

The whole recommendation list functions that sites like Amazon and Youtube utilize is Salesforce's core activity.

Also the annoying notifications sent when one forgets something in their cart without checking out.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2022, 07:26:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They make software called CRM.  Which is a form of project management tool for client list that uses code elements copied from Facebook and Twitter.

Basically its Twitter and Facebook for companies to share thingss internally

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2022, 09:25:14 AM »
Louisiana just announced they're going to ban IUD for birth control. These American taliban will not stop unless we stop them.

On top of saying that life BEGINS AT FERTILIZATION.

Christian Taliban are out to hurt people.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2022, 09:36:01 AM »
Thanks for the update on SalesForce. Amazing that a company can be so big and yet a bit under the radar (and have such a stupid name).

Banning IUDs is crazy and I saw some shit about fertility clinics being at risk as well since the doctors might fertilize more than one egg and implant more than one into the womb then leave the one with the best chance of carrying to term.

Another super common risk is going to be for women who miscarry being accused of abortions. I had a friend whose wife miscarried a bunch of times when they were trying to have kids. It'd be wonderful if they went through the emotional disappointment, self-blame, and etc. of "fuck, i thought batch of cells would be the one that would eventually grow into a person. why can't my body work properly?" while being interrogated by some dipshit patrol officer who thinks he's doing "God's work."

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2022, 09:48:55 AM »
Michigan GQP have also stated that they want to limit/restrict the sale and education of contraception. Even to married couples.

For a party that constantly pines over the notion that gun laws won't reduce gun violence, they're pretty set on the idea that an abortion ban will stop abortion and contraception laws will stop sex.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2022, 10:35:02 AM »
Thanks for the update on SalesForce. Amazing that a company can be so big and yet a bit under the radar (and have such a stupid name).

I have the fortunate luck to live in SF bay area,  I ended up at a sustainability firms that got Obama money for jobs from 2008-2015,  in 2008 every start up tech company was using a CRM called Sugar (was right next to Apple).  in 2012 we heard saleforce was going to kill of the Sugar platform, we adopted it for a energy efficiency program used by Californias largest utility service (probably partial to their success).  All the people who got trained on it ended up being saleforce people and make $$$$$. 

They built a huge ass high rise building in SF

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2022, 12:10:37 PM »
I think the GQP may be overplaying their hand because they are feeling themselves right now. Legal abortion has also been a wedge issue they have successfully ridden for the past 40 years. As many have pointed out before, they currently have no other policies or platform they can manage to articulate*. Polling suggests that, at best, an abortion ban has 29% support of the electorate. I would imagine that number will shrink significantly once they start to try to drill down on contraceptives.

Conspiracy theory: the draft was leaked to energize voters for the midterms and get disaffected moderates to go the polls once again to vote for or against things that will very directly effect them ala the Federal approach to Covid in 2020.

*Fighting gun control is the other big one
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2022, 12:34:04 PM »
My take on the conspiracy theory - the draft was released by the GOP. They know with states rights and in super red states, they can do what they want with abortion bans. Then add to that, it's taken the attention away from Ginny Thomas and all things dealing with the Jan 6 committee investigations.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2022, 12:50:21 PM »
if a cop ever shows up to even investigate my wife’s miscarriage im breaking their jaw and taking the time in jail. fuk this dumb ass country

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2022, 01:11:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Pro life as they escalate ww3
[close]

Need to replace the soldiers that will be killed

That’s definitely on the mind pt.

The us government benefits from high birth rates even if it’s not good that that time for the individuals directly involved.

I’ve heard a ton about nations being like wtf! Because of the echo involved in low national birth rates.

The Russians supposedly have been getting hammered in that department since before ww1.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2022, 01:16:44 PM »
GQP Rep who ran on Pro-Life and Pro-Family Values (anti-LGBTQIA+) won his primary even after killing his wife after she found out he was having an affair.

So yea, I'm sure "life is precious" isn't what they care about.

https://thehill.com/news/state-watch/3479507-indiana-man-charged-with-wifes-murder-wins-gop-town-board-primary/

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2022, 01:30:45 PM »
GQP Rep who ran on Pro-Life and Pro-Family Values (anti-LGBTQIA+) won his primary even after killing his wife after she found out he was having an affair.

https://thehill.com/news/state-watch/3479507-indiana-man-charged-with-wifes-murder-wins-gop-town-board-primary/

If they cared about life they'd be anti war and anti death penalty but i don't see them lining up to back those issues

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2022, 01:55:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If they cared about life they'd be anti war and anti death penalty but i don't see them lining up to back those issues

If they cared, they'd be about universal health care, parental leave, and the child support credits to make sure kids don't go hungry. But they voted each and every bill that benefits family and children.

Sen. Ron Johnson, no more than three months ago, make it clear the GQP's stance: It's not society's responsibility to care for your kids.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ron-johnson-not-societys-responsibility-care-for-other-peoples-children-2022-1

So they don't give a fat flying fuck about life. They care about control.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 02:21:27 PM by TastyBurrito »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2022, 02:06:50 PM »
The sooner people begin to see them not as good intentioned Patriots that you happen to disagree with but as what they actually are, your enemy who wants to hurt you and those you love, the better

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2022, 02:24:34 PM »
The sooner people begin to see them not as good intentioned Patriots that you happen to disagree with but as what they actually are, your enemy who wants to hurt you and those you love, the better

Don't think that's the problem.

People see that they're hurting the majority.

Simply put, it's the Christian Taliban extremists, who are in law making positions, plainly see it as "they're doing God's work" "they're Christians" so everything they do is good. And everyone who disagrees is evil.

GQP always use Sharia Law to scare their constituents into voting a certain way, when basically, they're doing it themselves.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2022, 11:51:56 PM »
For a while it seems like the US, in addition to quite a few other countries in the world, is sliding down the jingoistic slippery slope quickly past patriotism to radical nationalistic fascist isolationism.

Do we see any way for a course correction or are we past the Nu Shooz/Bridget Fonda "point of no return"?

...Through it all, I'm grateful we have skateboarding...
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2022, 12:31:12 AM »
All this stuff has been a long time in the making, but, man, has it come down faster than I could have imagined.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2022, 12:34:58 AM »
For a while it seems like the US, in addition to quite a few other countries in the world, is sliding down the jingoistic slippery slope quickly past patriotism to radical nationalistic fascist isolationism.

Do we see any way for a course correction or are we past the Nu Shooz/Bridget Fonda "point of no return"?

...Through it all, I'm grateful we have skateboarding...

Course correction would require a coarse insurrection. & Yes, don’t lose that faith. We should all give thanks to the little things that make our lives great. Whether it be a partner, pet or pastime.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2022, 09:52:46 AM »
All this stuff has been a long time in the making, but, man, has it come down faster than I could have imagined.

Trump lit that match and left the building burning

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2022, 11:49:15 AM »
This is going to embolden the GQP dramatically.

Trump put in a ton of judges and rigged the Supreme Court with the help that piece of shit McConnell... and now we are seeing the results. Welcome to 20 years of theocratic and far right legal decisions: from the environment to personal rights to the separation of church and state, we are in for a drawn out nightmare.

America would still suck if Clinton got elected, but it would have prevented this from happening (so soon).

America only appeared to survive the "stress test" of the Trump presidency. We are in for a Tammany Hall style government. And, I don't see any modern day LaGuardia's to save us from this prolonged nightmare.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2022, 12:02:44 PM »

Trump put in a ton of judges and rigged the Supreme Court with the help that piece of shit McConnell... and now we are seeing the results. Welcome to 20 years of theocratic and far right legal decisions: from the environment to personal rights to the separation of church and state, we are in for a drawn out nightmare.

America would still suck if Clinton got elected, but it would have prevented this from happening (so soon).

America only appeared to survive the "stress test" of the Trump presidency. We are in for a Tammany Hall style government. And, I don't see any modern day LaGuardia's to save us from this prolonged nightmare.

Well said

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2022, 02:42:03 PM »

We need a modern day Fidel Castro

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2022, 04:07:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

We need a modern day Fidel Castro Nestor Makhno

Fixed that for ya bud
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2022, 04:10:57 PM »
so I live in a town that's got pretty hard hick contingency. Most of the white folks are magats. Anyways, I go to an indoor kids basketball game to watch a kid I mentor. These kids are like 7-9 years old. I've got a mask on because I don't wanna get sick and it's not like 4 of my friends have been sick with the rona over the past few weeks. This younger dude, probably late 20s early 30s, sitting there with his kid, got the mirror sunglasses, bass pro sorta hat, etc just starts grilling me as I'm walking into the rec center. Pretty serious eye contact. I keep it for a bit nod and walk to the family I'm seeing. Dude doesn't nod back or whatever. I go outside at half time to eat a banana, walk back in with mask on and same dude is grilling me, harder. This time as I'm contenting to walk toward him and my seat, I keep that eye contact. It's like a game of chicken, ya, and after a good 10 seconds the dude looks down at the floor like whipped cur. I'm still thinking, like, dude, this is a kids basketball game, you're holding a child, why are you being confrontational?

I guess this is relevant to this thread in a way because it is the same sort of bold idiocy that's behind support for overturning RvW. Getting bent about me wearing a mask indoors during a pandemic. eat shit, boyo.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2022, 09:48:42 PM »
so I live in a town that's got pretty hard hick contingency. Most of the white folks are magats. Anyways, I go to an indoor kids basketball game to watch a kid I mentor. These kids are like 7-9 years old. I've got a mask on because I don't wanna get sick and it's not like 4 of my friends have been sick with the rona over the past few weeks. This younger dude, probably late 20s early 30s, sitting there with his kid, got the mirror sunglasses, bass pro sorta hat, etc just starts grilling me as I'm walking into the rec center. Pretty serious eye contact. I keep it for a bit nod and walk to the family I'm seeing. Dude doesn't nod back or whatever. I go outside at half time to eat a banana, walk back in with mask on and same dude is grilling me, harder. This time as I'm contenting to walk toward him and my seat, I keep that eye contact. It's like a game of chicken, ya, and after a good 10 seconds the dude looks down at the floor like whipped cur. I'm still thinking, like, dude, this is a kids basketball game, you're holding a child, why are you being confrontational?

I guess this is relevant to this thread in a way because it is the same sort of bold idiocy that's behind support for overturning RvW. Getting bent about me wearing a mask indoors during a pandemic. eat shit, boyo.

These dudes are just affecting a pose

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2022, 01:38:30 PM »
I just started to read about this (I'm non American) and can someone please give me a quick summary of what happened? I just saw the bill didn't pass. I thought abortion was legal in the US?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2022, 02:01:30 PM »
I just started to read about this (I'm non American) and can someone please give me a quick summary of what happened? I just saw the bill didn't pass. I thought abortion was legal in the US?

Simply put, the "Supreme" court is a group of 9 non-elected "judges" who are appointed to life long positions ad Supreme Court Justices. These "justices" hear cases and get to decide if current laws are in indeed valid or inline with the constitution.

6 of the 9 judges are practicing Catholics and have been funneled from Right Wing organizations into the court. These individuals have decided that while the Federal govt says abortion is legal, individual states have the right to decide it's legality in their boundaries, because it isn't "explicitly stated" in the constitution," or at least that's their interpretation.

So now, this sort of president crushing ruling sets future precedent for States to roll back other human rights such as marriage equality, racial and gender civil rights, etc.