Author Topic: Dylan jaeb of DC  (Read 16681 times)

Yonnycage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Dylan jaeb of DC
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2022, 12:21:23 PM »
I don’t give a fuck who he’s sponsored by I just wanna keep watching him skate. Kid’s an insanely rare talent.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2022, 12:23:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Y’all gonna give him the same treatment y’all gave Kader about sponsor hopping at his age or nah? Just trying to keep it consistent.
[close]

Maybe?

This does seem a little different because I was under the impression that Skatepark-kid has only ever been flow-with-no-where-to-go while Kader could have gotten on any shoe company he wanted.

May I ask what your underlying point is though?
[close]

They're suggesting that Kader (a young, talented skater) got a lot of shit for sponsor hopping and they were wondering if the same attitude was going to be applied to Mr. Jaeb

Personally I think the negative sponsor reactions towards Kader were unwarranted and I don't follow Mr. Jaeb so I'm not saying the comparison is warranted or not, just explaining
[close]

its not even remotely the same. Kader was riding for brands and went from a skater owned shoe company to trying out global mega brands. Nike was never announced. he was just wearing them for a minute. just like everyone else.... him going from emerica to adidas is totally normal and is gonna spark conversation.

Dylan is totally different because he has no sponsors and has no brands behind him. he seems to just randomly quit everything he has ever been on and everytime hes done this so far, nothing at all has panned out other than more poods wizardry. (which aint shit really) he has no street clips. no parts. when he left zero, we saw him hangin with the april team for a minute and then he went back to riding pink and purple blanks.

If nike was gonna swoop him, they would have done it the second he came out and he would have been kidnapped by them from jump. I could see NB# i guess but who the fuck wants to watch someone skating pink and purple blank decks everytime?

theres gotta be something extra or something we dont know thats holding him back. maybe hes like super wack as fuck in the van....? that shit dont fly nowhere no matter how good you are.

Kader went from Emerica to Vans (I think relatively soon after having a part for Emerica), then left Vans after about a year or so to go to Nike. While Nike wasn’t fully announced, he put out a good amount of footage in Nike (I think almost a full part of I remember correctly), and then was fully on adidas seemingly out of nowhere. That’s why he’s accused of sponsor hopping. The Vans to Nike/Asia’s stuff happened when he first got on Supreme so I think some of the sponsor hopping comments were preemptive and assuming he’s leave Baker for FA or something.

Kader is also much more established in skating and has a lot more impact than Jaeb so of course people will have more to say about Kader.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2022, 12:34:59 PM »
Isn't he like 18?

He has plenty of time to do shit on skateboard outside of that one skatepark

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2022, 12:45:39 PM »
It’s gonna be Cariuma

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2022, 12:46:00 PM »
The part we really don’t know about is if his agent is constantly getting offers and negotiating with his current sponsors. I could see a brand approaching him, making an offer and his manager talking to DC and asking if they will match and they say no and they say see you later.
He might appear to be on flow from our perspective but I’m assuming the paychecks say otherwise.

conqueso

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2022, 12:46:09 PM »
please not cariuma!!!!

a perfect fit

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2237
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2022, 12:59:19 PM »
Before Chris Joslin blew up he was nothing but IG skatepark clips too. So what?

Yeah but no one likes Chris Joslin.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2022, 01:03:41 PM »
Keep this dude away from any Woodwards or golf carts. He must be protected.

But if they could demolish that park he lives at, he might actually start doing things
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2022, 01:22:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Y’all gonna give him the same treatment y’all gave Kader about sponsor hopping at his age or nah? Just trying to keep it consistent.
[close]

Maybe?

This does seem a little different because I was under the impression that Skatepark-kid has only ever been flow-with-no-where-to-go while Kader could have gotten on any shoe company he wanted.

May I ask what your underlying point is though?
[close]

They're suggesting that Kader (a young, talented skater) got a lot of shit for sponsor hopping and they were wondering if the same attitude was going to be applied to Mr. Jaeb

Personally I think the negative sponsor reactions towards Kader were unwarranted and I don't follow Mr. Jaeb so I'm not saying the comparison is warranted or not, just explaining
[close]

its not even remotely the same. Kader was riding for brands and went from a skater owned shoe company to trying out global mega brands. Nike was never announced. he was just wearing them for a minute. just like everyone else.... him going from emerica to adidas is totally normal and is gonna spark conversation.

Dylan is totally different because he has no sponsors and has no brands behind him. he seems to just randomly quit everything he has ever been on and everytime hes done this so far, nothing at all has panned out other than more poods wizardry. (which aint shit really) he has no street clips. no parts. when he left zero, we saw him hangin with the april team for a minute and then he went back to riding pink and purple blanks.

If nike was gonna swoop him, they would have done it the second he came out and he would have been kidnapped by them from jump. I could see NB# i guess but who the fuck wants to watch someone skating pink and purple blank decks everytime?

theres gotta be something extra or something we dont know thats holding him back. maybe hes like super wack as fuck in the van....? that shit dont fly nowhere no matter how good you are.
[close]

Kader went from Emerica to Vans (I think relatively soon after having a part for Emerica), then left Vans after about a year or so to go to Nike. While Nike wasn’t fully announced, he put out a good amount of footage in Nike (I think almost a full part of I remember correctly), and then was fully on adidas seemingly out of nowhere. That’s why he’s accused of sponsor hopping. The Vans to Nike/Asia’s stuff happened when he first got on Supreme so I think some of the sponsor hopping comments were preemptive and assuming he’s leave Baker for FA or something.

Kader is also much more established in skating and has a lot more impact than Jaeb so of course people will have more to say about Kader.

From the sound of it I don't think he was ever really on Nike, was just wanting to be but they didn't bite excitedly enough and Adidas was right there willing and ready, pretty sure this whole thing was going down right when they started their big cuts. He talked about it in an interview somewhere but I don't remember where.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2022, 01:25:45 PM »
zzzzz

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2022, 01:43:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yea but also absolutely shits on street spots with atrocious style

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2022, 01:46:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That bs flip Jolson did over that fountain gap was trill
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2022, 01:46:51 PM »
aurelien Giraud is the same thing but euro. does impossibly high tech/gnar on big rails or anything in that indoor park. hits the streets and its soooooo meh.....Dylan Jaeb in america.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2022, 02:08:20 PM »
cariuma only plausible explanation for a fella like him

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2022, 02:11:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not true: Danny Way’s baby w/ Julia absolutely loves Chris Jolson & even refers him “daddy.”

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2022, 02:14:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

at least the fountain wasn't inside poods park. again joslin has heinous style.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2022, 02:21:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

at least the fountain wasn't inside poods park. again joslin has heinous style.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbQCgxhjOmT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

*Jolson

I'm not no Jolson stan, and I'm not commenting on his fit, but that bs flip turned my head.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2022, 03:58:50 PM »
Hope it’s NB. He just went on a dickies trip, bit of a connect with some of the guys there.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2022, 04:03:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Dude is an amazing skateboarder but a street part to showcase his full potential would be nice.
[close]

not sure if this is his "full potential" but he has released a street part.

He always seems to be hanging around the filmer Bobby bils so I would imagine they’re sitting on a chunk of footage. Hard to believe a talented guy like that is out in the streets that often and is sitting on zero footy.

If anything, I’d imagine whatever it is they’re sitting on will end up being used as a “welcome to the team” part or something like that

shalominator

• Rep: 22
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2022, 05:18:59 PM »
Can confirm he is not going to NB ;)

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2022, 05:55:50 PM »
Why should I care about sponsor hopping? I don’t own any of these companies

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2022, 06:25:04 PM »
This generations Mike Mo. Whether that's positive or negative is up to you.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1195
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2022, 06:33:16 PM »
Flummoxed, bamboozled, unmoored.  In other words:

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2022, 06:39:56 PM »
Seems like he just drops his sponsors for no reason and then doesn’t get on anything else. Looks like he’s still just in blank decks since dropping zero

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2022, 07:15:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Maybe he's just 17, living in the best city in the world, focusing on advancing all aspects of his life, being ill and not really giving a shit?
[close]
surely you're not talking about san diego

Encinitas bro

Heh

quackquack

• Rep: -404
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2022, 07:27:10 PM »
This generations Mike Mo. Whether that's positive or negative is up to you.

Pfffft, bullocks.

Not saying the kid isn't good, I really like his style, but Mike Mo showed up at 16 with game-changing switch skills and a full street part in one of the most anticipated, infamously-stressful videos.
Oh, the places you'll go.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2022, 08:55:34 PM »
At this point he is luan 2.0. All the talent in the world but too scared to step to the streets.

slop

• Rep: 3
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2022, 09:21:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Maybe he's just 17, living in the best city in the world, focusing on advancing all aspects of his life, being ill and not really giving a shit?
[close]
surely you're not talking about san diego

haha, the idea that you could think the best city in the world would be Encinitas, San Diego, or any other city in the united states

Jaeb reminds me of mikemo, similar style and shitloads of control.
If insta was this big when mo started he'd have been all over it too

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2022, 09:23:04 PM »

^^^^^

Monopolyman

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2022, 10:07:37 PM »
He’s gonna join Joey Brezinski’s Footprint Footwear, calling it right here…

Could see him on so many teams honestly.  He was a bit too clean cut for DC…

NB, Nike, Adidas, Vans, something corporate fits

Also could see Etnies, Lakai too but he might view them as beneath him, like Beriuma is, especially when he’s regularly drawing attention from Prod, Guy, Suciu etc on his ig posts.