Author Topic: LIMOSINE SKATEBOARDS DOES FUCK ALL  (Read 14450 times)

IpathCats

Re: LIMOSINE SKATEBOARDS DOES FUCK ALL
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2022, 07:01:32 AM »
Expand Quote
I just want more Cyrus footy. I'll get angry about this with you if it helps me get more Cyrus footy.
[close]

He's always posting videos on Instagram of his (ankle?) rehab, so I'd say we are a ways away from more footage of him.

ah, i see. I'm not on there. ty for the update

The real question in this thread is does anyone have any real experience owning/driving a hyundai (or Kia for that matter).  Are they whips still having engine fires and shit? Couple models got me wondering.

Hyundai/Kia have made a big turnaround in recent times, they definitely used to be some absolutely garbage vehichles. Anything from like 2016 or so and newer should be pretty solid for what it is. They have the best standard warranty, so that says a lot. If you're just looking for something cheap, thats good on gas and fairly reliable, a new or certified used (something with their manufacturers warranty) hyundai isnt a bad call. None of them drive particularly well or anything, but if all you're looking for is cheap transportation they're  a solid option. Toyota makes the best shit, commuter car wise anyways, but the price reflects that, and they dont depreciate as hard, so you still pay a decent bit for used toyotas. You can probably find a slightly used hyundai for a nice price if you look enough.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2022, 07:04:56 AM »
All my IG ads are for 917 clothes

HORSES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2022, 07:15:04 AM »
They are doing fine. Boards are selling out at our local and we keep ordering more, and we've received their next catalogue. They have distro through KEEN in Europe, so are readily available there, and they just landed in Japan & Australia. They are constantly posting on their stories too.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2022, 07:20:32 AM »
They are doing fine. Boards are selling out at our local and we keep ordering more, and we've received their next catalogue. They have distro through KEEN in Europe, so are readily available there, and they just landed in Japan & Australia. They are constantly posting on their stories too.

Cool how do the next season boards look?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2022, 07:26:37 AM »
Do people realize that, with a small company like Limosine, that everyone involved at every level likely has a full-time job and does skating & runs a skate company in their free time?

Also I think one of ‘em just had a kid? Could be wrong .

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2022, 07:47:00 AM »
Expand Quote
The real question in this thread is does anyone have any real experience owning/driving a hyundai (or Kia for that matter).  Are they whips still having engine fires and shit? Couple models got me wondering.
[close]

sister's hatchback elantra 2.0 turbo from 04 got tboned and kept on truckin for 7 more years

new ones look like cheeks tho :/

I just bought the new Elantra hybrid last year and it’s honestly more like a low end German car with more features and better gas mileage. My neighbor has a new c300 and that shits 45k starting and she ain’t even got a digital dash , I get 45 mpg In LA and can start my car from my watch and I got ventilated seats. New Hyundais are the shit.

Wanted the Tucson but dealer mark up was 8k over msrp and the sales manager took piss on while on a FaceTime call when I was in bathroom so I just walked out cause that’s weird dude.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1214
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2022, 07:56:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

sister's hatchback elantra 2.0 turbo from 04 got tboned and kept on truckin for 7 more years

[close]

I just bought the new Elantra hybrid last year and it’s honestly more like a low end German car with more features and better gas mileage. My neighbor has a new c300 and that shits 45k starting and she ain’t even got a digital dash , I get 45 mpg In LA and can start my car from my watch and I got ventilated seats. New Hyundais are the shit.

Wanted the Tucson but dealer mark up was 8k over msrp and the sales manager took piss on while on a FaceTime call when I was in bathroom so I just walked out cause that’s weird dude.
i have a 2012 sonata and it’s given me a lot of problems but once they were fixed it’s been great. great on gas the only thing is the faulty tire sensor. that and my brake lights literally melted the housing units they sat in and almost burned my car down if they wouldn’t have burnt out.

somefucker

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2022, 07:56:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

happy for you

i got a car that can almost legally drink w crank windows and its stick so

aLEXICONdEVIL

• Rep: 6
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2022, 08:18:29 AM »
i had a 2002 accent that was reliable for 10 years, then the electrical system shit the bed.

hey alex your thread hit 2 pages thats pretty sweet

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2022, 09:10:54 AM »
Parents are on the their second Santa Fe. They like it and it seems fine the times I drove.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2022, 09:39:24 AM »
I had a 09 Kia Spectra for a few years. Only sold it to my ex’s friend because someone hit and ran while I was skating in Detroit and bent the drivers side door just enough to have a small gap where the door meets the body. I’d get rained on if it was pouring and I’d have to ice scrape the inside of the car when it was cold. It was fine, just technically totaled because of the amount of miles and small body damage to both front doors… The passenger side door was bent because we broke into it when one of the homies skated back to the car with my keys and did the Indiana Jones swap with a pack of cigarettes and my keys. Miss that car.

I then had a 2012 Elantra that I also drove into the ground and actually really really miss.  No problems with either of them, really.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

IpathCats

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2022, 09:40:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

happy for you

I was about that old car life for a while. I finally caved and bought a 2019 recently, wanted something headache free for my daily. My other 3 cars are over 20 years old though. oldest being my 87 bmw 325i. grats on PAL!

somefucker

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2022, 09:46:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

happy for you

[close]

I was about that old car life for a while. I finally caved and bought a 2019 recently, wanted something headache free for my daily. My other 3 cars are over 20 years old though. oldest being my 87 bmw 325i. grats on PAL!

i have rebuilt this car... new clutch/flywheel, trans, bunch of aesthetic fixes, door gaskets, rotors, new soft top, front bumper....

i truly plan to run this thing into the dirt, almost at 200K miles, she's seen canada, la, i will miss her when she's gone

almost bought lil honda grom to get around the city but decided to not

thanks!  :)

also to bring the thread back on track, this thread title should be their next video title

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1097
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2022, 10:02:59 AM »
I drive a limosine
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

IpathCats

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2022, 10:11:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

happy for you

[close]

[close]

i have rebuilt this car... new clutch/flywheel, trans, bunch of aesthetic fixes, door gaskets, rotors, new soft top, front bumper....

i truly plan to run this thing into the dirt, almost at 200K miles, she's seen canada, la, i will miss her when she's gone

also to bring the thread back on track, this thread title should be their next video title

my 325i is a vert/manual transmission too. what do you have? you said you were over 6' in another thread, so im gonna guess its not a miata...... you seem like you're into cars so i feel like its probably something cool. S2000 maybe? Wait, dont think those ever had crank windows. Please dont say mustang.

Limosine and Transportation Unit should collab.

somefucker

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2022, 10:15:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

happy for you

[close]

[close]

[close]

my 325i is a vert/manual transmission too. what do you have? you said you were over 6' in another thread, so im gonna guess its not a miata...... you seem like you're into cars so i feel like its probably something cool. S2000 maybe? Wait, dont think those ever had crank windows. Please dont say mustang.

Limosine and Transportation Unit should collab.

it's a 2dr sport Wrangler, v6 3.8L

used to drive lil burners but i live in the northeast so not being able to drive in inclement weather annoyed me

dream vehicle is a '86 Grand Wagoneer...... i can dream i can dream

might as well bring back Traffic and BLVD too

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2022, 10:16:50 AM »
what are ventilated seats?

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2022, 10:19:44 AM »
Am I remembering wrong or did fucking awsome basically have a defunct insta for a long while in the early years and people still lapped it up.

IpathCats

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2022, 10:31:46 AM »

it's a 2dr sport Wrangler, v6 3.8L

used to drive lil burners but i live in the northeast so not being able to drive in inclement weather annoyed me

dream vehicle is a '86 Grand Wagoneer...... i can dream i can dream

might as well bring back Traffic and BLVD too

In a similar light, I fucking love the amc eagle.

The opposite of heated seats. Very nice after a hot day skating.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2022, 10:42:37 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Damn that sounds nice. Probably gonna lease a Hyundai or Kia for the fam next so this is a well-timed thread.

Was also patiently waiting for the next limo drop  ;)

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2022, 11:59:13 AM »
yeah i've rented a bunch of kias and hyundais when i travel for work, they're usually a bit nicer than the similarly priced (ie cheap) american options from ford or chevy. when i really luck out i will get a honda or a toyota from the rental agencies tho, and i do definitely feel a difference. they drive better.

currently driving a 2007 honda accord v6; mechanically its all pretty solid still at 130k miles, but most of it is city driving in brooklyn, so pretty rough on cars. so the thing looks like shit. hard to justify doing anything about it tho, and i inherited it when my dad died so it was basically free. would really like to have some more storage and awd, or some better mileage (only gets like 21mpg city)... but the grass is always greener on the other side. i usually stay pretty up to date on all my maintenence, it could be one of those hondas that hits 200k

when it does finally croak, something like a hyundai kona seems like it could be kinda sick. i guess ill see how well they hold up over the next few years while i drive my current whip into the ground.

IpathCats

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2022, 12:05:11 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn that sounds nice. Probably gonna lease a Hyundai or Kia for the fam next so this is a well-timed thread.

Was also patiently waiting for the next limo drop  ;)

Consider buying it if you can. Leasing is a money dump. Even if you decide to "lease to own" at the end of your lease period, you will have made a much smaller dent in the principle than if you had just paid the same amount of money in payments on a loan. Effectively increasing the cost of the car.

yeah i've rented a bunch of kias and hyundais when i travel for work, they're usually a bit nicer than the similarly priced (ie cheap) american options from ford or chevy. when i really luck out i will get a honda or a toyota from the rental agencies tho, and i do definitely feel a difference. they drive better.

currently driving a 2007 honda accord v6; mechanically its all pretty solid still at 130k miles, but most of it is city driving in brooklyn, so pretty rough on cars. so the thing looks like shit. hard to justify doing anything about it tho, and i inherited it when my dad died so it was basically free. would really like to have some more storage and awd, or some better mileage (only gets like 21mpg city)... but the grass is always greener on the other side. i usually stay pretty up to date on all my maintenence, it could be one of those hondas that hits 200k

when it does finally croak, something like a hyundai kona seems like it could be kinda sick. i guess ill see how well they hold up over the next few years while i drive my current whip into the ground.

Those j series v6 are great engines, you will easily see 200k+ if you maintain it properly. Honda and toyota will always be better than hyundai.

also, Max palmer looks weird in dunks. He needs to put the blazers back on. Cyrus should be buried in those yellow/black dunks though, they suit him quite well.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1306
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2022, 02:12:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

happy for you

93 to Infinity was actually written about my Honda Accord
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

switchfakie

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2022, 04:13:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cool how do the next season boards look?

i also wanna know @Jonny7.5Alive

their first run of graphics were ass imo

dilbert1

• Rep: 139
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2022, 07:02:09 PM »
Last time I was in a Kia and shut the door it felt like the whole car was made of Dixie cups

k-nutz

• Rep: 49
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2022, 07:22:28 PM »
Last time I was in a Kia and shut the door it felt like the whole car was made of Dixie cups

No mention of Honda being the best?  The only brand that still manufacturers their own engine block.

Just buy Honda or Toyota and you'll be fine.  Don't mess with Hyundai or Nissan or Subaru. (Anything American is sadly garbage)

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2022, 07:37:45 PM »
I drive an ‘09 Civic but really want my next ride to be an awd SUV just for the height and cargo space and added control in the snow which we gets lots of.  CRV and RAVs are so expensive here though.   My girl just got a CX-5 so maybe I’ll get just get an older version of hers.  Mazdas are legit right?  Maybe not as reputable as Honda/Toyota but a step above other Japanese makes?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2022, 07:42:36 PM »
I’m not tripping over new footage, but I did think I’d see a few more boards by now. I shitted on their first drop but I like the team so I’m curious about where it’s going.

dilbert1

• Rep: 139
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2022, 07:59:54 PM »
I drive an ‘09 Civic but really want my next ride to be an awd SUV just for the height and cargo space and added control in the snow which we gets lots of.  CRV and RAVs are so expensive here though.   My girl just got a CX-5 so maybe I’ll get just get an older version of hers.  Mazdas are legit right?  Maybe not as reputable as Honda/Toyota but a step above other Japanese makes?

CR-Vs are way too expensive but also way too dope, the ‘96-‘01 models (and this era of Honda in general) were some of the (last) best looking cars made imo, at least in my lifetime

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2022, 08:07:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

CR-Vs are way too expensive but also way too dope, the ‘96-‘01 models (and this era of Honda in general) were some of the (last) best looking cars made imo, at least in my lifetime

Yeah those are sick, but they salt the roads where I live so seeing anything pre-2008 is super rare.  The new gen of CRVs feel too low and long.  My dream whip would be a 4Runner that’s like 2’ shorter in length.