Author Topic: Bethesda, MD  (Read 189 times)

skate_bored

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Bethesda, MD
« on: August 26, 2023, 10:40:52 AM »
My girlfriend has a work thing coming up in a few weeks and they have her staying at the Hyatt in downtown Bethesda. I'm going to take advantage of the free hotel for a few nights (Thurs-Sun) and tag along.

im pretty set on some stuff i want to check out in DC, like museums and whatnot, but my last couple trips i stayed in DC proper. we were thinking we'd just take the metro in for any DC stuff and try out Bethesda since we wont really be at the hotel a ton (well I wont. she'll be working most of the time lol).

anyone have any insight into Bethesda?
- cool areas? thinking like walkable more eclectic/cool neighborhoods with shops/food/bars
- skate shops? i know Palace5 is gone
- old bars/restaurants that have some character/history/dives
- best pizza of course

thanks in advance!

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Bethesda, MD
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 06:06:37 PM »
replying because i forgot to ask about wings or other popular bar food type places.

GGK42069

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 06:29:33 PM »
just walk around, youll see few things. theres a three block thats easy to spot, but i havent been there in about a decade so im sure the landscape has changed. the metrostation and its garage used to usually be busts but theres some spots in there if you can get lucky

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 02:44:39 AM »
For shops there’s one in Bethesda but I’ve never actually have gone in. Crushed is downtown and is probably pretty easy to take the metro to and embark up in Frederick if you don’t mind making the drive.