Author Topic: Kevin Braun's "Pier 7" Part  (Read 2636 times)

HyperBeam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
Re: Kevin Braun's "Pier 7" Part
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2022, 07:13:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Undeniably amazing at skating, but watching this really does nothing for me... Are you really enjoying this?
[close]

glad i'm not the only one
[close]

yeah, I did enjoy it - I enjoy skateboarding and watching it.  There was nothing about it that I thought was horrible - it's a vid at ONE spot and he kinda destroys it, and doesn't have bad style. 

you're definitely entitled to your opinion, but may I ask what it was you DIDN'T like? 

there's an abundance of people who skate and dress essentially the same as what's shown in this part, therefore it did not leave me with a strong impression.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2022, 04:28:22 AM »
Totally. This fool needs to dress head to toe in Gucci if he wants my respect.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -296
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2022, 06:02:58 AM »
That was just good solid skateboarding, and I like watching good skateboarding. Great trick selection for a classic spot. The nollie tre felt like a tribute, not weird IMO. He doesn’t need to be dressed all trendy and cool guy to be sick.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 165
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2022, 06:13:53 AM »
I mean he’s no Marcus, but there was definitely some good stuff in this.
The Cellski was a nice touch.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LebowskisRug

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2022, 07:00:29 AM »
Totally. This fool needs to dress head to toe in Gucci in Polar Big Boys or Butter Goodsif he wants my respect.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2022, 07:01:48 AM »
It's weird that Kevin lives in SF and skates and Dave also lived in SF and skates and that like, maybe they were friends a bit and Kevin wanted to do something to pay tribute, ya know. Super weird I tell ya.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2022, 09:34:30 AM »
I would estimate these dudes make way more on the NHS package deal (well not Asta with Thunder) than they could being some random name on Real. SC can be cool if you just pay attention to the quality of their current riders not their history as being a "logo" brand that a lot of people wear. It's weird since Anti Hero and Thrasher are popular "streetwear" brands with like 15 year old girls that don't skate, but they're still accepted.
Thrasher gear is pretty cringe though

LebowskisRug

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2022, 09:36:01 AM »
I completely agree but it gets a pass.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2022, 09:40:43 AM »
Expand Quote
I would estimate these dudes make way more on the NHS package deal (well not Asta with Thunder) than they could being some random name on Real. SC can be cool if you just pay attention to the quality of their current riders not their history as being a "logo" brand that a lot of people wear. It's weird since Anti Hero and Thrasher are popular "streetwear" brands with like 15 year old girls that don't skate, but they're still accepted.
[close]

yet here you are on the Thrasher sister site and you watched the vid on the thrasher site.  so, there's that.....you're just mad cuz you're girlfriend looks better in a thrasher tee than you. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2022, 09:47:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

yet here you are on the Thrasher sister site and you watched the vid on the thrasher site.  so, there's that.....you're just mad cuz you're girlfriend looks better in a thrasher tee than you.
Sure, there's that.
No denying Thrasher isn't the biggest media outlet in skateboarding.
I'm just not into the gear, except my wife's sick flame hoodie of course.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2022, 06:45:06 PM »
Expand Quote
dude is so sick. get him on something better than Santa Cruz asap
[close]

I get why people bag on SC, but at the end of the day - their checks never bounce, you get to travel the world, eat and stay in nice hotels, and you get the full sponsor package.  doesn't see like too bad of a deal if you ask me.  In fact, there's a few really good dudes on SC right now.

All of this plus its legacy company with a rich history and a die hard fan base. I'd say its one of the better board companies to ride for. Some of the best boards I've skated were Santa Cruz decks.