Author Topic: Favorite snacks?  (Read 3033 times)

SaySo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
Re: Favorite snacks?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2022, 10:18:48 PM »
this has been my shit lately:

it's like emptying the cream out of your oreos/hydrox cookies, crushing up half the cookies, mixing them back in with the cream, and then they put that stuff between two chocolate wafers. i can't not finish these the same day i get them. they are too good.

i can inhale a whole bag of these in 15 seconds:

also any softdrink with watermelon or guava flavor will get checked out by me.

I need this in my life. Where's that from, Germany?
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2022, 10:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote

it's like emptying the cream out of your oreos/hydrox cookies, crushing up half the cookies, mixing them back in with the cream, and then they put that stuff between two chocolate wafers. i can't not finish these the same day i get them. they are too good.

[close]

I think there's something similar to those bears in Aus called burger men. It's pretty random where you can buy them from tho. Also a pack of kettle chips is like $6 now GET FAARRRCKED!

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2022, 03:09:08 AM »
I dated this girl from New Zealand for quite a while, one time she went back for a few weeks and brought back some Cadbury Crunchies for me. They became my favorite candy bar, but I’ve only ever had them when she brought them back or when I went to Australia. I’m also a big fan of Pay Day’s too.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2022, 05:14:38 AM »
I dated this girl from New Zealand for quite a while, one time she went back for a few weeks and brought back some Cadbury Crunchies for me. They became my favorite candy bar, but I’ve only ever had them when she brought them back or when I went to Australia. I’m also a big fan of Pay Day’s too.

We have Crunchies in Canada ! They’re awesome, haven’t had one in a while.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2022, 06:20:42 AM »
Anybody else have specific snacks they always want for road trips?  For me I always have to have a bag each of Pizzeria Pretzel and Pepperoni Pizza Cracker Combos.

Get hungry on it!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2022, 05:21:59 PM »

correct. i think they will take them away soon, too. seems like a temporary variety.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2022, 05:31:10 PM »
i used to fox with tim tams until my store stopped selling them
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2022, 05:32:29 PM »

I can't tell you how many Crunchies I shacked while I was in England. Absolutely S tier candy bar. There's also an Australian version called Violet Crumble but for some reason it just doesn't hit the same...

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2022, 07:05:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can't tell you how many Crunchies I shacked while I was in England. Absolutely S tier candy bar. There's also an Australian version called Violet Crumble but for some reason it just doesn't hit the same...
Yes here we go so snack beef. Gonna say violet crumble is superior to crunchie. Crunchie just turns into plastic and sticks to your teeth. Crunchie Easter eggs tho might be the actual king of honeycomb chocolate

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2022, 07:25:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yes here we go so snack beef. Gonna say violet crumble is superior to crunchie. Crunchie just turns into plastic and sticks to your teeth. Crunchie Easter eggs tho might be the actual king of honeycomb chocolate

I haven’t been able to have both side by side (or even within a year of each other) so you may well be right.  I can only find violent crumble here in the states, I don’t have a good crunchie supplier. Maybe it’s the experience of being in England AND having a crunchie that made it so good…

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2022, 07:58:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I haven’t been able to have both side by side (or even within a year of each other) so you may well be right.  I can only find violent crumble here in the states, I don’t have a good crunchie supplier. Maybe it’s the experience of being in England AND having a crunchie that made it so good…

Haven’t had a crunchie in 9 years and I’m going to order some just to break that cycle. I also don’t have a crunchie plug and I could be looking back at them through rose colored lenses.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2022, 08:15:08 PM »
Code: [Select]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Haven’t had a crunchie in 9 years and I’m going to order some just to break that cycle. I also don’t have a crunchie plug and I could be looking back at them through rose colored lenses.

But when I have both and Crunchie is obviously superior, I’m coming straight back here and starting a blood feud with @meansalto

(Tbh I think crunchie and violet crumble are the same candy just different names for different markets)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2022, 08:24:38 PM »
Code: [Select]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

But when I have both and Crunchie is obviously superior, I’m coming straight back here and starting a blood feud with @meansalto

(Tbh I think crunchie and violet crumble are the same candy just different names for different markets)
Ha I've probably bitten off more than I can chew here (pun intended) I think violet crumble is mars and crunchie is Cadbury. Cadbury is by far the better chocolate but the yellow bit inside doesn't fuck with my teeth as much or make me get thirsty with the violet crumble whereas it tends to with the crunchie. All honesty I have both about the same Aus doesn't have huge selections at the supermarket and basically it's always one brands on special while the other is full price then they swap. I'd never pay twice as much for one over the other.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2022, 09:04:41 PM »
Extra toasty cheez-its.

Also, chunks or slices of sharp cheddar, smothered in sriracha is super legit.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2022, 09:11:16 PM »
Just wanna say vanilla double stuffed Oreos ALWAYS hit

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2022, 09:41:59 PM »
#1: Beef Jerky

Pop tarts a la mode fucking HIT and are cheap

You know I'm right.

Great thread :)
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2022, 01:21:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm a big fan of Cadbury Flakes (UK, not ANZAC varieties) as well.

The major chocolate producers in Europe and the UK put the US companies to shame.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2022, 02:15:33 AM »

Yessssss motherfucking pom bears. The salt and vinegar were my favorite but ketchup sounds amazing.  I fucking love ketchup chips and they're so hard to find in the states. We could only get pom bears off-base or from the British garrison's little shop/restaurant thing, so I would always stock up on shit like that when I went out in the city. I must have looked so fucking stupid stumbling back through the gate hammered out of my mind with a giant bag of German junk food over my shoulder.

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2022, 03:48:30 PM »
Just tried Tajin seasoning for the first time. Me likey. Snack Club Toasted Corn with Chili/Lime Flavor, my new jam.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2022, 11:33:00 AM »
This is my snack rotation…..

Pre skate: banana
Mid skate: apple
Post skate: granola bar

The point of the snack rotation is the balance between being good, but not too good….filling…but not too filling.

You must repeat ie. you eat that granola bar….you want another….but knowing that you have to eat an apple and a banana…..forget it….

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2022, 11:39:21 AM »
I like Superpretzels followed by little debbie swiss rolls.
My guilty food pleasure

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2022, 11:46:58 AM »
Yeah those honey mustard pretzels are crazy good

These have always been a standout for me too:

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2022, 12:23:19 PM »
Definitely ^^

And Swiss Rolls from the fridge…chilled a little bit.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2022, 01:27:05 PM »
Definitely ^^

And Swiss Rolls from the fridge…chilled a little bit.

delicious

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2022, 04:44:10 PM »
Anybody else have specific snacks they always want for road trips?  For me I always have to have a bag each of Pizzeria Pretzel and Pepperoni Pizza Cracker Combos.

Man, I drunk drove waaaay too many times with a big bag of pizzeria pretzel combos and 32oz fountain drink. I remember when it cost $2 for both. That was a dark fucking period. Killer Whaaaaaaale.
I love B&J’s Chubby Hubby but it’s not as good as I remember it or maybe just not as special since my local supermarket stocks it reliably.
Kettle chips and top of the tater.
My contribution to halfway adult/healthy snacking:
Your favorite cracker ( I currently like cracked pepper & olive oil triscuits), slice of cheese (god help you if you think cubes are acceptable), thinly sliced sweet yellow onion, and drizzle with sriracha

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2022, 10:52:50 AM »

these are godly good for any onion lovers

thebacker

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2022, 10:59:04 AM »

thebacker

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2022, 10:59:24 AM »

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2022, 11:29:03 AM »
Doritos stay undefeated
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2022, 04:16:06 PM »
I'm not a huge snacker but I have some staples

Candy: Hot Tamales

Salty Crunchies: extra toasty cheezits, jalapeño kettle chips, purple bag doritos

Frozen: anything mint chip or cookies and cream

Healthy: tomato or cucumber slices with a lil salt n pepper

Quartersnacks: OCP's @Freelancevagrant knows what's up

Edit: those Hawaiian Maui onion chips are s tier too @notinternetfamous also knows
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead