Author Topic: Metal Skateboards  (Read 19339 times)

biaherl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 267
    • Why So Sad avatar image
Re: Metal Skateboards
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2022, 10:28:23 AM »
Expand Quote
BA guest board would be tight.

Free max b
[close]

What the FUCK man?!!!

Are they trying to take all of my money

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2022, 11:10:37 AM »
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]

There's an 8.5 and 8.75 for the BA Guest Boards. Not sure specs other than that

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2022, 11:31:27 AM »
i thought this was going to be about skateboards created out of metal. In the late 90s, there was a company called Aircraft that made an aluminum skatebaord. man those were ass! i rode one once! it actually wasnt completely terrible but god dman it was heavy. if you were just doing slappys and shit i could see it actualyl working though. i cant seem to find any trace of them online at all. there is a company called "Aluminati" that is doing them now apparently

One kid in my hometown had one back in 2001-2002 maybe... they felt like tanks and bend with summer heat!

on other hand
METAL SKATEBOARDS existed back in the day? Why I never heard of this? WTF

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2022, 12:59:24 PM »
i thought this was going to be about skateboards created out of metal. In the late 90s, there was a company called Aircraft that made an aluminum skatebaord. man those were ass! i rode one once! it actually wasnt completely terrible but god dman it was heavy. if you were just doing slappys and shit i could see it actualyl working though. i cant seem to find any trace of them online at all. there is a company called "Aluminati" that is doing them now apparently

i remember seeing a complete like that in a bike shop when i was little, it was manufactured by razor, the scooter company

I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2022, 01:50:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]

[close]

There's an 8.5 and 8.75 for the BA Guest Boards. Not sure specs other than that

Coudnt get any better -coud ride this board til the end of the days....
OK Metal received a new Fan. Ben and Freddy already got me - but this design is
next level.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2022, 02:35:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One kid in my hometown had one back in 2001-2002 maybe... they felt like tanks and bend with summer heat!

on other hand
METAL SKATEBOARDS existed back in the day? Why I never heard of this? WTF

Same. I remember seeing ads for those boards in Thrasher/Transworld back in 1996-98 even. No shop carried that shit (probably because they were ass) so you had to call their 1-800 number to get one.

That said. A kid in my school who came from money got one to try to impress us. The fucking board FUCKED up cement ledges. Yea, he didn't impress anyone with that purchase. He bought a Muska deck after that. And that impressed us 😂

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2022, 02:43:09 PM »
I love BA, Freddy, & Ben but I'm not the biggest fan of the B movie horror graphics. I like the direction of graphic on the left on the pic below and the habitat series that was similar. I'll still probably buy a Freddy deck though.

Bupstop

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2022, 03:18:53 PM »

I had a friend that skated one too. I think his was from a company called Mister E. It sucks and it was a whirling blade of death once it got razor tail. He ended up breaking it because he stomped out his tricks super hard. Didn’t really break but bent.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2022, 04:03:44 PM »
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]

this is way better than the Ellington Deathwish barbarian I have

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2022, 04:05:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The cigar fellow, Lars Tetens, sent me one of these death machines back in the day when I had a small skate co. in the northeast. Bad enough it was razor sharp and made of metal, but add the holes in it and it was surefire ankle and foot breaker. No idea what the dude was thinking. 

http://vertisdead.blogspot.com/2015/03/metal-decks.html

I also had an H-Street Tony Mag deck with one titanium ply, heavy as $@#&, but would have probably worked if I was a hardcore vert skater and not an eleven year old street grommet.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2207
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2022, 04:31:12 PM »

i remember seeing a complete like that in a bike shop when i was little, it was manufactured by razor, the scooter company
Apropos, considering the tips became blades after a while.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2022, 04:33:57 PM »
Shop that measured them for me said they are Habitat shapes. The 8.25 and 8.5 have just under 14.25 WB

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2022, 07:37:23 PM »
Cowtown has them online. Got the BA for the wall and a hat in my cart. Trying to decide if this is okay for me to do or not ha

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2022, 07:43:19 AM »
I love BA, Freddy, & Ben but I'm not the biggest fan of the B movie horror graphics. I like the direction of graphic on the left on the pic below and the habitat series that was similar. I'll still probably buy a Freddy deck though.

This is some deep crust.

I love this direction.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

thecincysbkid

• Rep: -18
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2022, 10:14:24 PM »
The shirts they Are about tO Drop aRe PREtty sick…

Marv

• Rep: 98
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2022, 10:32:10 PM »

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2022, 04:06:54 AM »
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]

This is amazing, best graphic i've seen in a while.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2022, 05:38:36 AM »

Yeah I'm really excited for Metal to be back but these graphics leave alot to be desired. Will wait for the next drop and see if they put out some more classic style stuff. Also no 8.0 decks is a big no no for me
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

goldfishboot

• Rep: 146
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2022, 07:23:00 AM »
that post with the shirt designs is from seven years ago. was sad to see no bigger Raybourn sizes available on Cowtown since I dont think my local has a Soverign Sect account..

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2022, 08:31:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I'm really excited for Metal to be back but these graphics leave alot to be desired. Will wait for the next drop and see if they put out some more classic style stuff. Also no 8.0 decks is a big no no for me

that raybourn 8.25 football may be an option. Seems like with the taper it’s ride like a 8.12 or smaller. Enjoi as a deedz 8.3 football that feels smaller.

Genericwhitemale

« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2022, 11:09:13 PM »
BA shows no love for his Girl Interpol deck from Yeah Right?

gnidraobetaks

• Rep: 22
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2022, 08:00:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

8.0 isn’t very Metal. I think thank you skateboards makes 8.0 decks.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2022, 09:47:46 AM »
Metal, if you're reading this (and I know that you are), please bless us with a 9+ inch eggy  ;)

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2022, 11:17:40 AM »
Promo video is up.

Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2022, 09:31:02 AM »
Freddy needs to do some yoga. Dude looks like his tendons are gonna snap.

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2022, 11:16:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had a friend that skated one too. I think his was from a company called Mister E. It sucks and it was a whirling blade of death once it got razor tail. He ended up breaking it because he stomped out his tricks super hard. Didn’t really break but bent.
I remember the mister e boards. There was a single ad in thrasher in 95 L. Unlike the aircraft or yoacher versions of the metal decks, wasn’t the mister e deck just a flat piece of metal?
Anyway, sometimes I think of that ad as it was simpler times for me

Edit the ad I’m talking about is in the March 96 thrasher https://www.thrashermagazine.com/imagesV2/Burnout/2013/Magazine_1996/March_1996/TH0396Mar1996p80-81_800t.jpg
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 11:26:41 AM by theloniousmonk »

bolts the snowman

• Rep: -37
    • follow @nycskatedaily on instagram! avatar image
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2022, 11:20:15 AM »
metal skateboards fuckin shreds 🤘

assvogel

• Rep: 202
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2022, 11:43:40 AM »
Freddy's got a full part coming on the 29th on Thrasher. Fred for SOTY!

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2022, 03:48:25 PM »
It’s Freddy season! Great to see his stuff in the metal promo and now he is opening the floodgates of the stuff that was talked about in his thrasher interview.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2022, 04:53:25 AM »

Fuckin' sick.  Its so good seeing him and Ben charging.