Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 204815 times)

LebowskisRug

Re: kader of baker
« Reply #1050 on: February 03, 2023, 10:35:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Baker will be just fine without Kader.
[close]

unless reynolds finds another kader then i feel like it might be the beginning of baker's demise, but i hope i'm wrong.
[close]

You’re absolutely insane if you genuinely believe Baker is done after this.
[close]

This.

There’s no way baker a legacy brand will crumble with out kader. More people on slap talk about kader than people in the real world. He’s talented yes but his names rarely a topic outside of slap. He’s not a Reynolds a Tiago or an ishod. Baker fa and hockey could probably cherry pick anyone they want and unless your Kevin white you’ll take the offer. So if they need to fill kaders spot it probably won’t be hard. Bone head choice if kader chose to leave.
[close]
Totally, he’s talented and has a cool name, but how many parts did he put out last year? I don’t see him doing much. For as young as he is he should’ve been aiming for SOTY like Tyshawn, but to me it feels like skating, his actual job, is an afterthought to him. Seems like he wants to chill and smoke. Baker will be fine but he’ll be forgotten if he doesn’t grow up soon.

At least on social media he seems to have more followers than perennial SOTY contender Louie and I've seen a lot of people with his purple Adidas actually. Teenagers love him it seems. He's on track to become KB light

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #1051 on: February 03, 2023, 10:41:14 AM »
Kader is very marketable and, in the rare times he applies himself to riding a skateboard, probably one of the most talented people skating right now.

The problem is that, currently, all he wants to do is smoke reefer and hit golf balls.

Hopefully his current piling out doesn't progress into more serious drug and alcohol use. For his sake and ours, cause a Kader who worked hard and gave a shit about his career could definitely clock SOTY level footage and a huge amount of money from Adidas, Supreme, and other mainstream sponsors.

His current lifestyle of filming once in a while is good enough to make decent money, continue his enviable lifestyle, and sponsor hop while the demand for his name is high. But it is too bad because he could be creating an all-time legendary skating career right now.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

pbj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #1052 on: February 03, 2023, 11:03:46 AM »
haven't seen it mentioned here but Joe Campos is also in that Violet story for what it's worth but I don't think that means he's leaving Hockey.

I can understand frustration with Kader's indecisiveness, as his brand loyalty has seemed to fluctuate his whole skating career. however, I still don't really get the logic of Andrew booting their top selling rider.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #1053 on: February 03, 2023, 11:08:03 AM »
Being loyal to a brand is kinda funny. At the end of the day you owe nothing to capitalism.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1054 on: February 03, 2023, 11:30:28 AM »
I might have missed it in this thread- where was it said that Reynolds booted him? All I have seen are unverified stories that he quit.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1055 on: February 03, 2023, 11:45:40 AM »
Being loyal to a brand is kinda funny. At the end of the day you owe nothing to capitalism.

What does this even mean? What does considering the impact of your decision on brands that are run by your friends and people who have helped you have to do with "oweing" something to capitalism? Other than that just being an "edgy" thing to say...

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1056 on: February 03, 2023, 11:51:33 AM »
I might have missed it in this thread- where was it said that Reynolds booted him? All I have seen are unverified stories that he quit.

Reynolds was starting to get annoyed with the back and forth and lackadaisical approach over the last 6 months, Kader never actually spoke to him about it. Reynolds eventually told him to quit, Kader realised he didn't want to and basically begged Reynolds to keep him, but he stood firm and made him quit.

Kid fucked around and found out.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #1057 on: February 03, 2023, 11:57:35 AM »
Kader is very marketable and, in the rare times he applies himself to riding a skateboard, probably one of the most talented people skating right now.

The problem is that, currently, all he wants to do is smoke reefer and hit golf balls.

All your favorite "golden era" pros wanted to just smoke reefer and hit golf balls too. We just didn't see what they did on a day to day or week to week basis. I promise you those dudes weren't skating 4-6 days a week to put out those big name videos that took YEARS to come out after initial announcement.

Also, if "rare times applying himself" means:
Baker Ams
Young Emericans
Baker 4
Supreme (Candyland, Mind Goblin, Stallion, Play Dead, etc)
Am Scramble as well as other thrasher features like Wrecking Crew and the likes of those types of segments...
Shake Junt clips
Melodi Clips
Adidas and Vans tour footage
KaderAdidas, ThankYouVans, other clips on his own YouTube channel
Everything else for the gram, magazine coverage, etc...

Then I'd say he's doing just fine considering he's 20 years old.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #1058 on: February 03, 2023, 12:06:56 PM »
so weird how many people are praying for the downfall of a kid that can’t even legally drink yet. none of you are gonna get kader’s spot on baker. you don’t have to act like this, you’re showing your ass.
This, seriously. Everyone acts like Kader's already piled out or something but the dude still consistently drops random hammers here and there. Just because he didn't have a part in the last year doesn't mean he's not doing shit.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1059 on: February 03, 2023, 12:08:00 PM »
a Kader who worked hard and gave a shit about his career could definitely clock SOTY level footage
Uhhhhhh nope. Not really. He has about as much of a chance of winning SOTY as I do. He’s good but nowhere near the best of the best like tyshawn or suciu.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2228
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1060 on: February 03, 2023, 12:12:48 PM »
So general consensus is that Kader is gonna find out what happens when you don't fuck with Baker?

Also possibly be mad at the person negotiating his deals?

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #1061 on: February 03, 2023, 12:17:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Baker will be just fine without Kader.
[close]

unless reynolds finds another kader then i feel like it might be the beginning of baker's demise, but i hope i'm wrong.
[close]

You’re absolutely insane if you genuinely believe Baker is done after this.
[close]

This.

There’s no way baker a legacy brand will crumble with out kader. More people on slap talk about kader than people in the real world. He’s talented yes but his names rarely a topic outside of slap. He’s not a Reynolds a Tiago or an ishod. Baker fa and hockey could probably cherry pick anyone they want and unless your Kevin white you’ll take the offer. So if they need to fill kaders spot it probably won’t be hard. Bone head choice if kader chose to leave.
[close]
I won't say Baker is done with Kader leaving but Reynolds is almost a nobody to the teen crowd (which is the main crowd in skateboarding). Kader is definitely a topic among that crowd, probably more than anyone that is currently pro for Baker right now
[close]

It's a good thing that there are more skaters on Baker/Deathwish than just Reynolds and Kader.
[close]
Yeah as if the kids don’t love Jacopo, Tyson, Vince, Zach, max, t funk, that handsome guy whose on deatjwish and cons, that max kid - plus they got a bunch of really dope skaters on flo rn so no matter who leaves they always got like a back stock of crazy good/dope skaters. Kader is kinda 2000 and late at this point - unless he starts putting out new footage or something he’s j a kid who put out some amazing parts then started getting stoned - call him trappasso

i forgot they have max on the team, i think he could actually fill kader’s spot on baker
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1062 on: February 03, 2023, 12:57:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Reynolds was starting to get annoyed with the back and forth and lackadaisical approach over the last 6 months, Kader never actually spoke to him about it. Reynolds eventually told him to quit, Kader realised he didn't want to and basically begged Reynolds to keep him, but he stood firm and made him quit.

Kid fucked around and found out.
[close]

Why should we assume that this is what happened?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #1063 on: February 03, 2023, 12:58:13 PM »
I wonder what Miss Marshall would make of all of this
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #1064 on: February 03, 2023, 12:59:39 PM »
Expand Quote
a Kader who worked hard and gave a shit about his career could definitely clock SOTY level footage
[close]
Uhhhhhh nope. Not really. He has about as much of a chance of winning SOTY as I do. He’s good but nowhere near the best of the best like tyshawn or suciu.

Kader could easily be SOTY.  Most naturally talented skater in a decade at least
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1065 on: February 03, 2023, 01:23:49 PM »
Thinking about this more, maybe this is more of a 'board sponsors don't really matter anymore' thing. I gotta think Adidas is Kader's biggest cheque by far, regardless of who his board sponsor is. Baker could definitely write him a bigger cheque than Violet, but maybe that level of pro's board cheque is now just so much smaller than their shoe cheque that it doesn't really matter. If he's making a lot of money from shoes and just wants to be on a board sponsor with his friends, or a board sponsor that he thinks is cool; then good for him - he did what he wanted to and did it for a good reason.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1097
« Reply #1066 on: February 03, 2023, 01:36:18 PM »
So for all the industry insiders who know the real shit, the raw intelligence  - why hasn't there been any announcement despite a year of speculation?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1306
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1067 on: February 03, 2023, 01:52:29 PM »
Thinking about this more, maybe this is more of a 'board sponsors don't really matter anymore' thing. I gotta think Adidas is Kader's biggest cheque by far, regardless of who his board sponsor is. Baker could definitely write him a bigger cheque than Violet, but maybe that level of pro's board cheque is now just so much smaller than their shoe cheque that it doesn't really matter. If he's making a lot of money from shoes and just wants to be on a board sponsor with his friends, or a board sponsor that he thinks is cool; then good for him - he did what he wanted to and did it for a good reason.
This was my take too but then I thought more about the money. If drops are seasonal, then you have 4 times in a year that you can expect to make money from royalties. Bakerboys is worldwide so lets say they order crazy high numbers like 5K of each deck in that season. Kader usually gets 2-3 boards a season and presumably his royalties are still around $2 a board. So roughly 30K four times a year is real money. He seems to have other revenue streams and maybe Adidas is paying him enough that he doesn't need to sweat that loss? I know my numbers are fiction but it does seem hard to dispute that Baker's distro is pretty great at getting a lot of boards into a lot of shops.

If he did walk away from that kinda money to skate with his friends and do his own thing than that's a pretty legit move. Baker will be fine; they got a bunch of folks in the pipeline and they eventually made most of you stoked on T Funk. They can do it again because that is basically what they do.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

citycity

• Rep: -96
« Reply #1068 on: February 03, 2023, 01:57:44 PM »
I wonder what Miss Marshall would make of all of this

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1069 on: February 03, 2023, 02:04:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Kader could easily be SOTY.  Most naturally talented skater in a decade at least

sizzle for soty

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #1070 on: February 03, 2023, 02:10:26 PM »
there are some absolutely brain dead takes in this thread 

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1071 on: February 03, 2023, 02:34:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i feel like he could pull it too but this years soty is probably already out on the road stacking clips rn as we type. Kader could be on tour who knows? Next year where you went with skating is going to come up more in the conversation i think.

Speed could take it every time tho.  I want to see soty go fast in a far off land. Technical hill bombs are the future. Flip in flip out shit all style in between. Perhaps a fakie manny in the rain to White Snake?

i hope t funk is on the road rn. Bombing fire roads in Australia. Spitfire tour 2023 that's what i need in my life. Gimmie a passport ,a boat ticket, and a microwave for hot dogs ill MEAT!!! the team there.
I wanna see those guy inspire the groms of the world to quit skateparking, get 58mm wheels ,and go 35-40 mph switch into 2024. Leave their home towns and have adventures like the old days. Covid fucked that up maybe. Bunch of shell-shocked kids might need the cure all. Fast skating with homies, smoking blunts and, street burritos in TJ.

Speed is the future. Look around the empire is crust af 99a wheels have been the norm for like 5 years now. 101a wheels are getting hard to score kinda. No one young is buying lo trucks.
Crust punk is high fashion. War in Europe. End of times yall. Best get outside and get some while you can.

i wanna see more Power violence or screwed up Horror Core with a grimey trap beat edits.

What needs to happen is a fakie tre finger flip switch hill bomb clips on
6.1s with
purple spits to match on a
9' Earsnot deck with
green Dlx 3 ply risers
Magic Carpet SJ thats been screened diy with a killer original art

Gold hardware is a must too.

i need all that shit.

RN soty is Walker Ryan tho. Dude has me practicing switch imps again.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1097
« Reply #1072 on: February 03, 2023, 02:58:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This was my take too but then I thought more about the money. If drops are seasonal, then you have 4 times in a year that you can expect to make money from royalties. Bakerboys is worldwide so lets say they order crazy high numbers like 5K of each deck in that season. Kader usually gets 2-3 boards a season and presumably his royalties are still around $2 a board. So roughly 30K four times a year is real money. He seems to have other revenue streams and maybe Adidas is paying him enough that he doesn't need to sweat that loss? I know my numbers are fiction but it does seem hard to dispute that Baker's distro is pretty great at getting a lot of boards into a lot of shops.

If he did walk away from that kinda money to skate with his friends and do his own thing than that's a pretty legit move. Baker will be fine; they got a bunch of folks in the pipeline and they eventually made most of you stoked on T Funk. They can do it again because that is basically what they do.

Those are some "imagine a can opener" numbers.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 03:16:34 PM by manysnakes »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1073 on: February 03, 2023, 03:02:21 PM »
also, when people discount Kader's tricks of late they are actually saying they don't like the filming. Kader is incredible with the stunt wood.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Warmup

• Rep: -16
« Reply #1074 on: February 03, 2023, 03:25:43 PM »
Can we just summarize each Baker/deathwish rider in one sentence from now on?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1306
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1075 on: February 03, 2023, 04:42:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Those are some "imagine a can opener" numbers.
Good thing I clearly stated they were entirely made up. Cool that you went out of your way to point it out though. Thanks for the discussion
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 133
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #1076 on: February 03, 2023, 05:12:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Can we just summarize each Baker/Deathwish rider in one sentence from now on?
[close]
Okay, I'll have a go:
  • That fried mixed race rasta who looks like he's homeless.
  • Husky boy who's afraid of vegetables.
  • A tall, sweaty guy with bad posture who can krook mile long kinked rails.
  • The bald f/s flip legend who always wears a ballcap and seems to be in charge.
  • Slappies, wallies, and Indie Rock.
  • "Gettin' fucked up TONIGHT!"
  • He rides for Violet now, I swear.

Anyone wanna easily decode this listicle?
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #1077 on: February 03, 2023, 06:18:31 PM »
This, seriously. Everyone acts like Kader's already piled out or something but the dude still consistently drops random hammers here and there. Just because he didn't have a part in the last year doesn't mean he's not doing shit.

yeah, but it's possible a lot those random hammers probably would've been held onto for a part until he realized he blew it.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1078 on: February 03, 2023, 07:05:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can we just summarize each Baker/Deathwish rider in one sentence from now on?
[close]
Okay, I'll have a go:
  • That fried mixed race rasta who looks like he's homeless.
former element dude can’t think of his name
  • Husky boy who's afraid of vegetables.
big boy
  • A tall, sweaty guy with bad posture who can krook mile long kinked rails.
figgy
  • The bald f/s flip legend who always wears a ballcap and seems to be in charge.
boss
  • Slappies, wallies, and Indie Rock.
artist formerly known as Spanky
  • "Gettin' fucked up TONIGHT!"
double e
  • He rides for Violet now, I swear.
Sylla
[/list]

Anyone wanna easily decode this listicle?
[close]

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1214
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1079 on: February 03, 2023, 09:46:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
kader is universally loved. Thrasher being somewhere at the top of that list. Soty, with his level of natural ability alone, is very easily obtainable.