Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 204534 times)

Southernmost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
Re: kader of baker
« Reply #1080 on: February 03, 2023, 10:40:15 PM »
so weird how many people are praying for the downfall of a kid that can’t even legally drink yet. none of you are gonna get kader’s spot on baker. you don’t have to act like this, you’re showing your ass.

Totally agree. Obviously many of us would prefer to see him on Baker and like Baker more as a company. But I think Kader will be just fine. He has great style and trick selection. A huge fan base. For all we know he could be sitting on an incredible part while recovering from his injury. And to act like he’s not gonna be making a living when he’s sponsored by adidas and Supreme. I think he’ll be just fine and I wish him the best. Maybe we will even see a Welcome Back ad in a couple years just in time for Baker 5. 

conan777

• Rep: -53
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1081 on: February 04, 2023, 02:04:08 AM »
Has anyone ever left Baker and had a successful career afterwards? Not counting Leo because he was on so briefly and not counting people going over to Death wish when that started up

citycity

• Rep: -96
« Reply #1082 on: February 04, 2023, 03:45:40 AM »
Maldonado. Lol jk. Baker def life dawg

citycity

« Reply #1083 on: February 04, 2023, 03:46:14 AM »
I did see Kader riding a blood wizard board yesterday so idk

Mother Goose.

« Reply #1084 on: February 04, 2023, 04:14:29 AM »
Maldonado. Lol jk. Baker def life dawg
does he still have alligators?

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1085 on: February 04, 2023, 04:38:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
a Kader who worked hard and gave a shit about his career could definitely clock SOTY level footage
[close]
Uhhhhhh nope. Not really. He has about as much of a chance of winning SOTY as I do. He’s good but nowhere near the best of the best like tyshawn or suciu.
[close]
kader is universally loved. Thrasher being somewhere at the top of that list. Soty, with his level of natural ability alone, is very easily obtainable.

He’s nowhere near Nigel or TJ level ability

Honestly not even close to Herm or Tuan

Boog

• Rep: 194
« Reply #1086 on: February 04, 2023, 04:39:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Baker will be just fine without Kader.
[close]

unless reynolds finds another kader then i feel like it might be the beginning of baker's demise, but i hope i'm wrong.
[close]

You’re absolutely insane if you genuinely believe Baker is done after this.
[close]

This.

There’s no way baker a legacy brand will crumble with out kader. More people on slap talk about kader than people in the real world. He’s talented yes but his names rarely a topic outside of slap. He’s not a Reynolds a Tiago or an ishod. Baker fa and hockey could probably cherry pick anyone they want and unless your Kevin white you’ll take the offer. So if they need to fill kaders spot it probably won’t be hard. Bone head choice if kader chose to leave.
[close]
I won't say Baker is done with Kader leaving but Reynolds is almost a nobody to the teen crowd (which is the main crowd in skateboarding). Kader is definitely a topic among that crowd, probably more than anyone that is currently pro for Baker right now
I hear more people talking about Tfunk than Kader.

citycity

« Reply #1087 on: February 04, 2023, 04:41:48 AM »
Tristan and Kader are starting a new brand through tum Yeto called ANGRY FACE / DONT CARE

heard it from the local tensor shop rep

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #1088 on: February 04, 2023, 08:40:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
a Kader who worked hard and gave a shit about his career could definitely clock SOTY level footage
[close]
Uhhhhhh nope. Not really. He has about as much of a chance of winning SOTY as I do. He’s good but nowhere near the best of the best like tyshawn or suciu.
[close]
kader is universally loved. Thrasher being somewhere at the top of that list. Soty, with his level of natural ability alone, is very easily obtainable.
[close]

I think ability wise he could definitely be in that league, he just doesn't apply himself the same way. If he actually put in the work he'd be in the TJ caliber for sure I think

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1089 on: February 04, 2023, 08:42:45 AM »
Can we just summarize each Baker/deathwish rider in one sentence from now on?

How bout one word. Cooked
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1090 on: February 04, 2023, 09:01:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

I think ability wise he could definitely be in that league, he just doesn't apply himself the same way. If he actually put in the work he'd be in the TJ caliber for sure I think

TJ's hard to compare to others rn. He crosses mad lines because of his trick vocabulary.
I'd put both Tiago and Westgate in that ball park I guess. High pop clan. I too am of the high pop clan. We come from Natas and Sheff kien lieu.

I'd say Kader is more like chill style camp. The Carroll Bros Tommy G Mark G bloodline.

Kader is never going to switch tre the garbage can.

Now that I think about it Sheff and Chuck Treece are probably my real skate dad's and My skate mom's name is Ed Templeton.

I think about that Sheff switch tre scream to switch flip line at the pier way too much.
I think about Jonny Copp a lot too. Dubs way too much. He's my brother from different mother's. Also I never stop thinking about Kline. He's my closeted little bro
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #1091 on: February 04, 2023, 09:10:51 AM »
Has anyone ever left Baker and had a successful career afterwards? Not counting Leo because he was on so briefly and not counting people going over to Death wish when that started up

Merlino's entire career came after he was on baker so him i guess?

wasn't merlino on as an am for a short while?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1092 on: February 04, 2023, 10:00:42 AM »
…High pop clan. I too am of the high pop clan. We come from Natas and Sheff kien lieu.
Overheard a rumor that Flea is actually the illegitimate (yet, oh so legit) love child of a brief, passionate affair between Forbes & Wainwright.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #1093 on: February 04, 2023, 10:20:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Leo got SOTY after iirc

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #1094 on: February 04, 2023, 10:25:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We calling Merlinos career successful? Also, I’m pretty sure he was only flow and got kicked before anything legitimized
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1095 on: February 04, 2023, 10:38:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure he was flow, and I'm sure there have been a ton of guys who were Baker flow who turned into great skaters elsewhere. Off the top of my head, I'd put Ishod under that category, I believe Duffel was too. But, Baker has always been viewed as such a top-tier board sponsor that people rarely leave by choice, similar to Crailtap or Alien back in the day and there aren't many examples of guys leaving those brands when they were at their peak and having success elsewhere (only example that comes to mind is P-Rod going to Plan B, and obviously, a ton of people who left Alien post-Mindfield are having great careers).

As for Kader, I just hope he doesn't turn into Kevin Bradley 2.0. In my opinion, KB was the best, or at least my favorite to watch of the Supreme kids, and while his footage is great when it shows up, we've really never gotten a part from him that fully delivers on his potential.

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #1096 on: February 04, 2023, 10:45:18 AM »
Kader is the KB of the Baker camp

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #1097 on: February 04, 2023, 11:04:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Pretty sure he was flow, and I'm sure there have been a ton of guys who were Baker flow who turned into great skaters elsewhere. Off the top of my head, I'd put Ishod under that category, I believe Duffel was too. But, Baker has always been viewed as such a top-tier board sponsor that people rarely leave by choice, similar to Crailtap or Alien back in the day and there aren't many examples of guys leaving those brands when they were at their peak and having success elsewhere (only example that comes to mind is P-Rod going to Plan B, and obviously, a ton of people who left Alien post-Mindfield are having great careers).

As for Kader, I just hope he doesn't turn into Kevin Bradley 2.0. In my opinion, KB was the best, or at least my favorite to watch of the Supreme kids, and while his footage is great when it shows up, we've really never gotten a part from him that fully delivers on his potential.

I think it’s more that Bakers brand for the post Baker 3 years was to sign skaters that are burnouts in every capacity except ability to get tricks and when tbst goes, they are useless to everyone.   Where do you really see someone like Dee Ostrander going after Baker?   Same with a Riley or a Figgy if they were to stop producing.    They just look too Baker to be anywhere else

EagleassMF

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1098 on: February 04, 2023, 11:22:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Kader could easily be SOTY.  Most naturally talented skater in a decade at least

Crazy to hold this opinion when he’s put out zero SOTY level footage.

grassblade

« Reply #1099 on: February 04, 2023, 12:35:17 PM »
why would anyone be sad kader left baker

when he doesn’t skate with baker guys at all anymore?

conan777

• Rep: -53
« Reply #1100 on: February 04, 2023, 01:01:11 PM »
Merlino was never on, they just took him to Australia on a tour and he annoyed everyone so much they stopped flowing him when the tour was over

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1101 on: February 04, 2023, 01:26:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

his chronicles part is pretty fucking nuts. That front 3 to back 3 kickflip line says enough in itself

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1102 on: February 04, 2023, 01:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
his chronicles part is pretty fucking nuts. That front 3 to back 3 kickflip line says enough in itself
Don't get me wrong, I love his Chronicles 3 part, and I loved his part as a young buck on Cliche. But, he has the ability to put out a SOTY level part if he wanted. He's one of the most naturally talented guys on the board. But, for whatever reason, he's never really had the drive of guys like Tyshawn, Louie, or Suciu. He's just one of those guys I've felt has the ability but has never really put out a full part that really shows how good he actually is.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 133
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #1103 on: February 04, 2023, 06:09:26 PM »
    Expand Quote
    Expand Quote
    Can we just summarize each Baker/Deathwish rider in one sentence from now on?
    [close]
    Okay, I'll have a go:
    • That fried mixed race rasta who looks like he's homeless.
    former element dude can’t think of his name
    • Husky boy who's afraid of vegetables.
    big boy
    • A tall, sweaty guy with bad posture who can krook mile long kinked rails.
    figgy
    • The bald f/s flip legend who always wears a ballcap and seems to be in charge.
    boss
    • Slappies, wallies, and Indie Rock.
    artist formerly known as Spanky
    • "Gettin' fucked up TONIGHT!"
    double e
    • He rides for Violet now, I swear.
    Sylla
    [/list]

Anyone wanna easily decode this listicle?
    [close]
    Haha, awesome.
    a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
    a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: -484
    « Reply #1104 on: February 04, 2023, 06:58:28 PM »
    Expand Quote
    Expand Quote
    Expand Quote
    [close]

[close]

[close]

I think it’s more that Bakers brand for the post Baker 3 years was to sign skaters that are burnouts in every capacity except ability to get tricks and when tbst goes, they are useless to everyone.   Where do you really see someone like Dee Ostrander going after Baker?   Same with a Riley or a Figgy if they were to stop producing.    They just look too Baker to be anywhere else

Baker wasn’t even like that till figgy really. They were a mix between the old rock styles of Greco and the more hip
    Hop influence if Ellington with drew riding both lines skating in biggie shirts and skinny jeans. They Just added a lot of young skaters who were influenced by them . Id say the current baker team represents them more than anything 10–15
    PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: -1196
    • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    « Reply #1105 on: February 04, 2023, 08:00:19 PM »
    Expand Quote
    Expand Quote
    Expand Quote
    Expand Quote
    [close]

[close]

[close]
    [close]
    Don't get me wrong, I love his Chronicles 3 part, and I loved his part as a young buck on Cliche. But, he has the ability to put out a SOTY level part if he wanted. He's one of the most naturally talented guys on the board. But, for whatever reason, he's never really had the drive of guys like Tyshawn, Louie, or Suciu. He's just one of those guys I've felt has the ability but has never really put out a full part that really shows how good he actually is.
    yeah you’re right unfortunately. Him tj and nak wanted bad when they were younger. Tj contined and is what he is now, nak got too comfortable with his abilities and ran his mouth, and kb just got too comfortable with not skating. Sad reality from two or the three of the most promising skaters from that timeframe.

RoughStylin

• Rep: 33
    « Reply #1106 on: February 04, 2023, 09:16:59 PM »
    Mans just shared a photo of a kader baker board on his story, make of that what you will.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: 692
    « Reply #1107 on: February 04, 2023, 11:36:54 PM »
    So we‘re 1000 replies deep and still don‘t know if he is well and truly of Baker? Disappointing, Slap ought to be ahead of the game. Where‘s the @HORSES when you need them?
    why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

rukes

• Rep: 214
    • Yabba dabba doo
    « Reply #1108 on: February 05, 2023, 05:30:01 AM »
    Someone DM him like a man and ask him if he knows how many in a Baker's dozen?

If he says,

13 - still on Baker

12- he's going somewhere else
    Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: 427
    « Reply #1109 on: February 05, 2023, 05:48:53 AM »
    Someone DM him like a man and ask him if he knows how many in a Baker's dozen?

If he says,

13 - still on Baker

12- he's going somewhere else

This is this the way.