Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 205913 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
Re: kader of baker
« Reply #1410 on: April 04, 2023, 08:44:36 AM »
So is it accepted yet? Kader still on Peace

Such a hilarious create-a-pro level graphic

Idk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #1411 on: April 04, 2023, 08:47:02 AM »
What Adidas are those??

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
« Reply #1412 on: April 04, 2023, 08:49:14 AM »
Expand Quote
So is it accepted yet? Kader still on Peace

[close]

Such a hilarious create-a-pro level graphic

I honestly think that's the point.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 697
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1413 on: April 04, 2023, 08:55:13 AM »
Bakerboys should retire 917 and replace them with Violet. 917 is a dead horse in a sunken ship at the bottom of the ocean.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1414 on: April 04, 2023, 09:17:48 AM »
What Adidas are those??

Look like campus, maybe samba. Idk

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

johnficenec

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1415 on: April 04, 2023, 09:41:08 AM »
Expand Quote
What Adidas are those??
[close]

looks like the gazelle

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1416 on: April 04, 2023, 10:19:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What Adidas are those??
[close]

[close]

looks like the gazelle

They have a white tongue which fits the color way for gazelle,your probably right.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1417 on: April 04, 2023, 10:32:30 AM »
Look like gazelles I have too. White tongue   Etc

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1418 on: April 04, 2023, 12:09:47 PM »
Theyre really waiting til everyone knows and no one cares to announce this thing. Great start for Kader at his new home.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1419 on: April 04, 2023, 03:45:41 PM »
Theyre really waiting til everyone knows and no one cares to announce this thing. Great start for Kader at his new home.

Yeah it’s kinda sad at this point. Wonder what the hold up is?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -489
« Reply #1420 on: April 04, 2023, 05:59:06 PM »

Makes no sense , on top of that turning Troy pro before the announcement of kader is weird too. I still think kader made the wrong move especially with how quickly supreme is falling out of favor . I saw some tik tok about old supreme vs supreme the other day and the majority of the comments were “I forgot this brand existed”  I’m too old to keep up with what’s cool in clothing and stuff but that seemed damning given supremes visual aesthetic is entirely shaped by bill the last decade.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 125
« Reply #1421 on: April 04, 2023, 06:34:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Makes no sense , on top of that turning Troy pro before the announcement of kader is weird too. I still think kader made the wrong move especially with how quickly supreme is falling out of favor . I saw some tik tok about old supreme vs supreme the other day and the majority of the comments were “I forgot this brand existed”  I’m too old to keep up with what’s cool in clothing and stuff but that seemed damning given supremes visual aesthetic is entirely shaped by bill the last decade.

Hypebeast culture has peaked, or so I’m told.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #1422 on: April 04, 2023, 11:03:48 PM »
not sure how it’s going after covid but pre covid board productions about 6 months in advance

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
« Reply #1423 on: April 05, 2023, 04:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hypebeast culture has peaked, or so I’m told.

I think consumerism is on the wane in general.  I’d expect a significant shrinking of the skate industry in the coming years
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1424 on: April 05, 2023, 05:32:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel like Jon Miner color-grading all Emerica footage green is a appropriate comparison to what Bill has done for a long-term visual aesthetic for Supreme, but Emerica footage is watchable.
The Violet peace graphic is giving me 90's hippie revival era vibes, the worst of all the hippie generations.
Calling it now, the graphic direction is gonna be in line with the movie Half Baked, which rules as a movie, but is played out.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1425 on: April 05, 2023, 08:08:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I feel like Jon Miner color-grading all Emerica footage green is a appropriate comparison to what Bill has done for a long-term visual aesthetic for Supreme, but Emerica footage is watchable.
The Violet peace graphic is giving me 90's hippie revival era vibes, the worst of all the hippie generations.
Calling it now, the graphic direction is gonna be in line with the movie Half Baked, which rules as a movie, but is played out.

Dear God please, no! Man I cant deal with that shit again. Smile faces and fake stoner happiness. Tye dye is triggering for me. I hate it. I'll have to speak to a therapist about that one. Wasn't it like 09-10 where everyone was rocking that shit. Gross.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #1426 on: April 05, 2023, 08:24:56 AM »
remember when LRG did all that tie dye shit? when i think back on those years of my life, a scent of foul bong water is the first thing that comes to mind.

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 258
« Reply #1427 on: April 05, 2023, 08:45:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is debatable considering how fucked the OG hippies have left the world. But as someone who came up in the 90s, yeah that shit was fucking embarrassing.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #1428 on: April 05, 2023, 09:11:25 AM »

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1429 on: April 05, 2023, 09:40:44 AM »
remember when LRG did all that tie dye shit? when i think back on those years of my life, a scent of foul bong water is the first thing that comes to mind.

Spot on, but I would add the smell of empty beer cans/bottles and cigarette butts.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1430 on: April 05, 2023, 10:05:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What Adidas are those??
[close]

[close]

looks like the gazelle

Maybe samples of these?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #1431 on: April 05, 2023, 10:27:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What Adidas are those??
[close]

[close]

looks like the gazelle
[close]

Maybe samples of these?
I miss the time when people got recognizable pro models that didn't all look exactly alike or like some existing team shoe. The Tyshawns are nice, I wish Kader gets something special as well.
Btw who even got actual adidas pro shoes in the last 5 years or so? Suciu had some

douchenozzle

• Rep: 32
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #1432 on: April 05, 2023, 10:28:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What Adidas are those??
[close]

[close]

looks like the gazelle
Looks like 90% of their shoes that are not Tyshawns model

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
« Reply #1433 on: April 05, 2023, 10:39:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What Adidas are those??
[close]

[close]

looks like the gazelle
[close]

Maybe samples of these?
[close]
I miss the time when people got recognizable pro models that didn't all look exactly alike or like some existing team shoe.

You’re just describing Adidas
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1434 on: April 05, 2023, 12:11:29 PM »

Adidas' high top shell toes are called "pro models." Ive seen kader tease some high top shells in the past with his name printed on them. I'm guessing those boxes are for those and not an actual pro model. If it was, I would imagine it would say "Kader or Sylla ADV" or something.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1435 on: April 05, 2023, 12:28:35 PM »
^^ That's exactly what they are - there's a photo in 'Upcoming/Recent Shoe Releases.' It's an all black Pro Model (the high top shelltoe that has been called that since the 70's or whatever, not a 'pro model' like Nora and Tyshawn have), where the black appears to wear away to purple.

They did a couple colourways of the Pro Model ADV as part of the skate line when they did the Superstar ADV a few years back. They haven't been making them for the skate line much, but Kader has skated the non-skate version of it a fair bit. The shoe isn't for me, but I hope they sell a million of them just because I know how much many of my least favourite people in skating don't seem to like Kader for whatever reason (I know exactly what the reason is).

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1436 on: April 05, 2023, 12:47:20 PM »

Kader Pro Model, black wear away purple type thing

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #1437 on: April 05, 2023, 12:51:35 PM »
Yeah it would be cool if Kader was getting a pro model, but he's just getting a Pro Model.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1438 on: April 05, 2023, 02:26:24 PM »
Yeah it would be cool if Kader was getting a pro model, but he's just getting a Pro Model.

haha why the fuck is a team shoe called the pro model

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1439 on: April 05, 2023, 02:42:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha why the fuck is a team shoe called the pro model
probably because the shoe came out decades ago for basketball and predates the skate terminology for pro model meaning signature shoe/model.