Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 204467 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1192
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: kader of baker
« Reply #870 on: January 19, 2023, 07:10:28 PM »
Y’all have no clue about golf

rukes

• Rep: 214
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #871 on: January 19, 2023, 07:28:26 PM »
Y’all have no clue about golf

Bullshit. I've seen fuckin Happy Gilmore, Caddyshack and Tin Cup so I'm sort of an expert cunt.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

pistachio

• Rep: -6
« Reply #872 on: January 19, 2023, 08:23:09 PM »
I actually think golf courses play a vital role in terms of urban green space. Moral panic over private parklands, dudes that do beer pong aside, golf courses are good for bird life, trees and animals.

Just to respectfully clarify this, golf courses couldn’t really be worse for our environment. Ya know that nice green grass they have? It often requires an awful lot of water and supplemental nutrients/pesticides. This, in turn, flows downhill into your waterways, leads to algal blooms that choke the oxygen out of both fresh and saltwater, and that affects nearly everything that lives there. Trees, birds, animals, and a lot more all rely on healthy waterways in some form or fashion.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #873 on: January 19, 2023, 08:30:26 PM »
Expand Quote
I actually think golf courses play a vital role in terms of urban green space. Moral panic over private parklands, dudes that do beer pong aside, golf courses are good for bird life, trees and animals.
[close]

Just to respectfully clarify this, golf courses couldn’t really be worse for our environment. Ya know that nice green grass they have? It often requires an awful lot of water and supplemental nutrients/pesticides. This, in turn, flows downhill into your waterways, leads to algal blooms that choke the oxygen out of both fresh and saltwater, and that affects nearly everything that lives there. Trees, birds, animals, and a lot more all rely on healthy waterways in some form or fashion.

yeah i learned this shit in ecology fuck golf courses

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #874 on: January 19, 2023, 08:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Subliminal message in the new Violet video  ;D

[close]

Kader quit skating. He’s trying to be the next Tiger Woods now.
[close]
God I hate fucking golf. All the people from my youth who played beer bong in high school play golf together now. If it's fun for you, im sorry, but please stop posting your swing. No one can see the ball after you hit it and your form is probably dogshit.

Courses are also a waste of water and land. Fuck golf.
[close]

Do we really need another thread derailed to complain about golf? I get it and am aligned to your view but my god.
Derail what, the slowest most unexciting team switch ever? It’s either a prolonged kader board crisis or he’s actually on violet. Complaining about golf seems more interesting at this point than speculating what his board sponsor is.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #875 on: January 19, 2023, 09:24:22 PM »
Golf is shit

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #876 on: January 19, 2023, 09:56:58 PM »
golf the activity is fun
but truly a net negative on the world, culturally and environmentally

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 132
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #877 on: January 19, 2023, 10:51:40 PM »
Subliminal message in the new Violet video  ;D

I definitely noticed that too when Auguste Bouznads kicked aside Kader’s Baker board like a little diva.

Kader playing grab-ass with Seven is sending Stronger signals though.

PS - I also hate golf (or as my dad pronounces it, "goff") and all for which it stands. The sport itself is fine, I guess, but the culture, the country clubs, the land use, etc. is pretty insidious. It's basically an excuse for mostly middle-aged and middle-to-upper-class white men (yes, I know all kinds of people play as well) to get away from their families, get drunk and/or stoned, and do business deals. I've witnessed it my entire life via my dad. He finally gave up on trying to get me interested by always saying I had a "natural swing."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 10:58:10 AM by No Wave Comply »
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #878 on: January 20, 2023, 03:14:22 PM »
just wanted to throw my opinion about golf in the ring, too:

it's fun to play and a good occasion to get high or drunk.

do we need it? hell no, there's like 500 other things that are more fun to play and get fucked up while doing so. the whole concept of golf the way it's played today is totally absurd and can only come from aristocratic brainrot. no normal person would invent a game that makes large swaths of land unusable for agriculture so a lord or two can spend the whole day wacking a tiny marble around. pretty much any golf course is a waste of water and land and a social no go zone with a no go perimeter for anyone too poor to be a part of it.

i absolutely back mini golf tho 100%

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1225
« Reply #879 on: January 20, 2023, 03:16:44 PM »
golf course is a good place to get high though

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #880 on: January 20, 2023, 04:05:56 PM »

HeapsCool

• Rep: -173
« Reply #881 on: January 21, 2023, 03:57:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So worse or better than a housing development/shopping mall/apartments?

borats cat

• Rep: -20
« Reply #882 on: January 21, 2023, 04:52:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

So worse or better than a housing development/shopping mall/apartments?
pesticide is bad but 'the rough' is home to bees, beavers and fowl. less affordable housing, more golf!
Scottsdale has a green belt running through it, a lot of which is devoted to golf but some of it is known to skaters as 'the Wedge'. skateparks are deserts if you think about it, golf courses take a lot of water but they make oxygen so it's a decent trade.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #883 on: January 21, 2023, 05:38:19 PM »
Golf courses are 90% large open areas with grass that’s way to short for animals, no flowers so no insects. and anything trying to live in there has to relocate or die every time the lawn mower comes which is all the time. They have a few trees and maybe a pond but mostly green baron desert with yuppies drinking in plaid pants. Only the super expensive super snobby private clubs have enough land to include a fair amount of natural habitat. Not mention the amount of poison sprayed to keep it “fresh”. I don’t really care though as you can tell. Kader should post more skate clips and less golf IMO

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

borats cat

« Reply #884 on: January 21, 2023, 05:53:09 PM »
Golf courses are 90% large open areas with grass that’s way to short for animals, no flowers so no insects. and anything trying to live in there has to relocate or die every time the lawn mower comes which is all the time. They have a few trees and maybe a pond but mostly green baron desert with yuppies drinking in plaid pants. Only the super expensive super snobby private clubs have enough land to include a fair amount of natural habitat. Not mention the amount of poison sprayed to keep it “fresh”. I don’t really care though as you can tell. Kader should post more skate clips and less golf IMO
as someone who's grown up on golf from the motherfuckin caddyshack to the links, they almost all have woods. w/ animals. wild turkey, deer, smaller mammals. bullfrogs in the water hazard. a bunch of skaters badmouthing the green makes as much sense as a bunch of golfers speaking ill of skateparks. you're out of ur depth.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2188
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #885 on: January 21, 2023, 05:59:43 PM »
…a bunch of skaters badmouthing the green makes as much sense as a bunch of golfers speaking ill of skateparks. you're out of ur depth.
We trash talk on skateparks all the time around here.
Hold on a minute now… Where’d you say you’re from again, mister?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #886 on: January 21, 2023, 06:02:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
as someone who's grown up on golf from the motherfuckin caddyshack to the links, they almost all have woods. w/ animals. wild turkey, deer, smaller mammals. bullfrogs in the water hazard. a bunch of skaters badmouthing the green makes as much sense as a bunch of golfers speaking ill of skateparks. you're out of ur depth.

That was DEEP.

borats cat

« Reply #887 on: January 21, 2023, 06:05:12 PM »
Expand Quote
…a bunch of skaters badmouthing the green makes as much sense as a bunch of golfers speaking ill of skateparks. you're out of ur depth.
[close]
read it again, i compared skaters having an opinion on golf courses to golfers having an opinion on skateparks. if you wanna talk about skatepark design, have at it. i would defend skaters if the guys on the golf forum were talking about skateparks being a blight. maybe it is but it's our blight.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #888 on: January 21, 2023, 06:12:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
read it again, i compared skaters having an opinion on golf courses to golfers having an opinion on skateparks. if you wanna talk about skatepark design, have at it. i would defend skaters if the guys on the golf forum were talking about skateparks being a blight. maybe it is but it's our blight.

So basically what you’re saying is golf should stay out of skateboarding and vice versa? Ok good point. Golf is stupid anyway, this is skateboard talk thingy. Pretty sure we can have opinions too, shouldn’t you be in that cat thread anyway?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #889 on: January 21, 2023, 09:08:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
http://www.instagram.com/p/CmqL22eDDfY/?igshid=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

Baker skater donating Violet boards to charity in Ethiopia.  He probably just ran out of Baker decks.  Curious. 

🤔
[close]

Voiding Red Tops

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Baker skater donating Violet boards to charity in Ethiopia.  He probably just ran out of Baker decks.  Curious. 

🤔
[close]

what a bad graphic to donate for kids.
[close]

I love that graphic. Purple and black are my favorite colors. The
violet throw up is ok. I'm a wicked throw up snob. If you don't look similar to like me your doing it wrong.

Just saying.
[close]

Lol wicked throw up snob...its an earsnot throw sir. Your's would probably benefit more from looking similar to his.
[close]

Ear snot is fine. Especially for New York in the late 90s 2000s. What a dumpster fire of shit. Overly busy technical non bubble garbage.lol ear snot I always liked. Not just because he's queer and beautiful either.

I'm into Boston styles mostly drop some names real quick
Alert
Rise
Target (?)
Mes
Sick 156
Relm
Monk
Nose
Fonse
Zoinx lol
Jokes
Vault
Spek
Halt
Spire

I don't see much I like today. I guess I like lean bowties. Piza few others

I don't feel like doing out of towners no one rocks it like new England cats.

New York was dope till about 1994.

I like handstyles tho. Lots of dope hands through all of new York's history.
[close]
did you ever see a guy named sym? he was everywhere one summer from it seemed like boston to chicago.
were you the one posting about a can exploding in hand and wrecking an eye? i'm not sure i buy it but gnarly to ponder.

Tons of times. I back it.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #890 on: January 21, 2023, 09:09:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

🤔
[close]

Voiding Red Tops

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

🤔
[close]

what a bad graphic to donate for kids.
[close]

I love that graphic. Purple and black are my favorite colors. The
violet throw up is ok. I'm a wicked throw up snob. If you don't look similar to like me your doing it wrong.

Just saying.
[close]

Lol wicked throw up snob...its an earsnot throw sir. Your's would probably benefit more from looking similar to his.
[close]

Ear snot is fine. Especially for New York in the late 90s 2000s. What a dumpster fire of shit. Overly busy technical non bubble garbage.lol ear snot I always liked. Not just because he's queer and beautiful either.

I'm into Boston styles mostly drop some names real quick
Alert
Rise
Target (?)
Mes
Sick 156
Relm
Monk
Nose
Fonse
Zoinx lol
Jokes
Vault
Spek
Halt
Spire

I don't see much I like today. I guess I like lean bowties. Piza few others

I don't feel like doing out of towners no one rocks it like new England cats.

New York was dope till about 1994.

I like handstyles tho. Lots of dope hands through all of new York's history.
[close]
did you ever see a guy named sym? he was everywhere one summer from it seemed like boston to chicago.
were you the one posting about a can exploding in hand and wrecking an eye? i'm not sure i buy it but gnarly to ponder.
[close]

Perl literally is the best stoke partner ever, but I know he’s been far west of Boston for decades now.

Perl mentored my mentor.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

cky enthusiast

« Reply #891 on: January 22, 2023, 06:48:12 AM »
flea i hate to say it but halt is my man and he’s way too straight edge warrior to rock with you. i’ll let him know you put him on the same list as alert and rise tho he’ll be pumped

sloppyslappies

• Rep: 10
« Reply #892 on: January 22, 2023, 08:44:21 PM »
your local golf hero has the best flyouts.

RoughStylin

• Rep: 33
« Reply #893 on: January 22, 2023, 11:38:29 PM »
Of beagle, on eagles

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #894 on: January 26, 2023, 03:35:00 PM »
https://www.paradeworld.com/brands/baker-skateboards/
Parade has the new drop of baker boards with no kader models of this season in sight

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #895 on: February 01, 2023, 04:18:33 PM »
Parade has the new drop of baker boards with no kader models of this season in sight

No Kader boards in the new catalog Baker just posted
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #896 on: February 01, 2023, 04:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Obviously Kader is one of their top pros but does everyone get a board every drop? Or is it really unusual that he wouldn’t?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #898 on: February 01, 2023, 05:11:38 PM »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #899 on: February 01, 2023, 05:13:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Obviously Kader is one of their top pros but does everyone get a board every drop? Or is it really unusual that he wouldn’t?

Good question! No idea and ive never ran a skateboard brand, but if I did, there’s no way id be cutting his name from the drop over anyone else.