Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 204013 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: kader of baker
« Reply #990 on: February 02, 2023, 04:10:23 PM »
I don’t really see what the problem is. Reynolds is his mentor. If he is getting an ownership stake, that would be following in the path of his mentor a la Reynolds —> Baker.

I do think it’s a mistake though. Baker has proved its longevity and ability to reinvent themselves whilst  remaining true to their history. companies like FA/Violet are quite faddish and consist of old white men cashing in on young black men’s marketability.

Baker was Blitz distro tho
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #991 on: February 02, 2023, 04:11:56 PM »
Baker was blitz distro tho. Same as bird house
(A)pl(E)

OneMore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #992 on: February 02, 2023, 04:19:56 PM »
Am I alone in thinking Kader joining Violet isn't the worst thing. Even if Violet turns out to be a flash in the pan, there are plenty of legendary skaters that have been on companies that didn't last. I'm also inclined to think that if he's skating with people that he's genuinely inspired by, he'll produce even more inspired footage. 

Part of me wishes he was still on Nike so he could have more
footage filmed by Johnny Wilson.

OneMore

« Reply #993 on: February 02, 2023, 04:21:01 PM »
Am I alone in thinking Kader joining Violet isn't the worst thing. Even if Violet turns out to be a flash in the pan, there are plenty of legendary skaters that have been on companies that didn't last. I'm also inclined to think that if he's skating with people that he's genuinely inspired by, he'll produce even more inspired footage. 

Part of me wishes he was still on Nike so he could have more
footage filmed by Johnny Wilson.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #994 on: February 02, 2023, 04:21:52 PM »
You mean to say Boss said Later Kader???
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 06:57:34 PM by TurdyBird »
The chillest1

OneMore

« Reply #995 on: February 02, 2023, 04:27:02 PM »
I don't think Kader moving over to Violet is all that bad. Even if Violet proves to be a flash in the pan, there have been plenty of legendary skaters who've been on companies that didn't last. I'm thinking if he skates with people that he's inspired by, then his footage will be more inspired as a result.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #996 on: February 02, 2023, 04:25:25 PM »
Do kids even like violet? What are the children into? Either way  stupid move right now with a looming recession. If he had any sense he’d stay on baker til at least his next real video part. He still hasn’t put out that “adult part” yet and the window is starting to close for him to really put out that here I am part . Maybe it’s his style being so non chalant but some of those tricks just seem too easy , like he’s just coasting till the next spliff gets rolled up. But yeah stupid move right now, stay on baker while shits rough where they can stop paying dudes like theo , Dollin, and nuge to keep you if it gets rough.  if you’re a whole teams main draw you’re up first on the chopping block when money gets tight and violet has king as its main startup brand competition and let’s be real the kids will definitely go with tyshawn over fat bills weird young black man fetish company.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #997 on: February 02, 2023, 04:11:07 PM »
I don’t really see what the problem is. Reynolds is his mentor. If he is getting an ownership stake, that would be following in the path of his mentor a la Reynolds —> Baker.

I do think it’s a mistake though. Baker has proved its longevity and ability to reinvent themselves whilst  remaining true to their history. companies like FA/Violet are quite faddish and consist of old white men cashing in on young black men’s marketability.

Baker was Blitz distro tho
(A)pl(E)

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #998 on: February 02, 2023, 04:39:32 PM »
If Kader was a day of the week, he would be Fried day.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #999 on: February 02, 2023, 04:59:18 PM »
Hey Flea… remind me which distro Baker was originally through, if you don’t mind.  :-*

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1000 on: February 02, 2023, 05:08:11 PM »
Hey Flea… remind me which distro Baker was originally through, if you don’t mind.  :-*

Stupid phone lol.

I gave BT a machine gun post too.
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1001 on: February 02, 2023, 05:10:03 PM »
I feel like I’m having a stroke

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1002 on: February 02, 2023, 05:17:54 PM »

That happens sometimes when you're balls deep in the core of soul skating. 
(A)pl(E)

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1003 on: February 02, 2023, 05:18:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stupid phone lol.

Don’t think it actually was your phone though. Multiple posts from a few different people in the same 3 minute window. Check the classified events section too. All around 4:08 time. 

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #1004 on: February 02, 2023, 05:22:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Reynolds was starting to get annoyed with the back and forth and lackadaisical approach over the last 6 months, Kader never actually spoke to him about it. Reynolds eventually told him to quit, Kader realised he didn't want to and basically begged Reynolds to keep him, but he stood firm and made him quit.

Kid fucked around and found out.
[close]

How do you know this
[close]
He doesn’t. He made it up. Pretty much everything you read on this website regarding insider knowledge in skateboarding is made up.
[close]

Most “insider knowledge” revealed on this site has been pretty spot on over the years, actually.
It’s true. T Funk is saving the late shuv el toro footy until the world is ready

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1005 on: February 02, 2023, 05:29:47 PM »
yup, was very confused.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1006 on: February 02, 2023, 05:30:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yup, was very confused.

A glitch in the Matix.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1007 on: February 02, 2023, 05:49:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
yup, was very confused.
[close]

A glitch in the Matix.

A blitz in the distribution
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1008 on: February 02, 2023, 06:04:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
yup, was very confused.
[close]

A glitch in the Matix.
[close]

A blitz in the distribution

You mean Blitz the distro for Baker at one point?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1009 on: February 02, 2023, 06:04:16 PM »

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1010 on: February 02, 2023, 09:00:03 PM »
I was wondering why all your posts were in Stereo, hoping someone would explain to
Me why the firm grip I thought I had on reality was in question mostly due to the black label placed upon my destructo tendencies. I was gonna demand you be banned as we should keep out the bad element but after seeing it was a glitch I’d be happy to give you a New Deal.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1011 on: February 02, 2023, 09:23:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Stupid phone lol.

[close]

Don’t think it actually was your phone though. Multiple posts from a few different people in the same 3 minute window. Check the classified events section too. All around 4:08 time.

effects of youtubers farming. gaining sus-tenance from the marrow of skating. whats kader to do? hmmm. i kinda think kader is going to move and not film enough to be on a non Boss bland. Then brand caves give undeserving bloard and piss the og squad off. who knows tho. just predicting shit. potheads are predictable. i bet thos 9" bloards are going to sell in nyc. hmmm
(A)pl(E)

launderingmoney

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1012 on: February 02, 2023, 10:06:59 PM »
Companies like Violet and Limousine remind me of the small brands in the 90’s. So many that had a great 2-3 year run and died. The same will go for these.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #1013 on: February 03, 2023, 12:14:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Violent isn't gonna be around in 3 years. Not quite Limosine shabby but certainly can't see them lasting.

Dumb move by Kader if true
[close]

Limo shabby?? Get outta here with that shit. What other board brand puts out a legit team promo video with each board drop?

Violet’s whatever though, yeah.
[close]

Shabby isn’t the best word, but their logo and graphics are pretty meh and they appeal to a small subsection of skateboarders in comparison to Baker.

I’m a bit Limo fan and supporter, but facts be like that.

Exactly I think Extra Spicy articulated it better for me.

I like the team and want them to do well but the whole thing is kinda meh
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Free Max B
« Reply #1014 on: February 03, 2023, 03:29:10 AM »
Has anyone asked: if Kader truly goes to Violet, will he get a legit pro model?

As far as I know, they don’t put out pro models (yet), like everyone’s favorite early 90’s brands Acme and Channel One! 💩
Isn’t that one kid with the tombstone graphics and no instagram pro? Kyle something

If he really called Reynolds mumbling into the phone and quit, just to be told seconds later by a dude on violet that was a dumb decision, I’d actually beleive it considering how fried the kid is.
Maybe he knows he’s about to get some of that wild Skate4 money who knows

Free max b
FREE MAX B

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1015 on: February 03, 2023, 04:40:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Reynolds was starting to get annoyed with the back and forth and lackadaisical approach over the last 6 months, Kader never actually spoke to him about it. Reynolds eventually told him to quit, Kader realised he didn't want to and basically begged Reynolds to keep him, but he stood firm and made him quit.

Kid fucked around and found out.
[close]

How do you know this
[close]
He doesn’t. He made it up. Pretty much everything you read on this website regarding insider knowledge in skateboarding is made up.

HORSES is usually pretty accurate

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1016 on: February 03, 2023, 05:27:54 AM »
Violet is a tiny brand compared to Baker, who are on the wall at pretty much every skate shop in the world. Money isn't everything, but Kader probably had the best selling board on Baker and was their most relevant rider - they should have been paying so much that he wouldn't even consider leaving. I don't know the circumstances, but this feels like as big of a fumble by Baker as it does Kader. Unless there was some kind of personal conflict, I have to think they had the means to hold onto him if they really wanted to.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1017 on: February 03, 2023, 05:59:11 AM »
Violet is a tiny brand compared to Baker, who are on the wall at pretty much every skate shop in the world. Money isn't everything, but Kader probably had the best selling board on Baker and was their most relevant rider - they should have been paying so much that he wouldn't even consider leaving. I don't know the circumstances, but this feels like as big of a fumble by Baker as it does Kader. Unless there was some kind of personal conflict, I have to think they had the means to hold onto him if they really wanted to.
From the looks of their recent pick ups in ams and pros, I think Baker wanted to diversify and not bet all their money on Kader. The brand seems to promote the image that all their riders are very proud to be on baker and that certainly isn't kader. Why would you invest so much money in a kid who every six months decides hes too cool to ride or wear any of your products.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1018 on: February 03, 2023, 06:02:28 AM »
perhaps one of the worst moves in skateboarding history

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #1019 on: February 03, 2023, 06:10:33 AM »
i believe this to be true.

as a basketball fan i compare Kader to Kyrie.

incredibly talented, gets cocky, burns every bridge, doesn't show up to work and ultimately pays for it because the boss got tired of his shit.