Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 203977 times)

straight fucking edge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
Re: kader of baker
« Reply #1020 on: February 03, 2023, 06:25:04 AM »
some of you should show up to your job and him and haw about whether you are going to stick around or not for the next few months and see where that gets you
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

boogs

« Reply #1021 on: February 03, 2023, 06:30:13 AM »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1022 on: February 03, 2023, 06:32:45 AM »
Violet is a tiny brand compared to Baker, who are on the wall at pretty much every skate shop in the world. Money isn't everything, but Kader probably had the best selling board on Baker and was their most relevant rider - they should have been paying so much that he wouldn't even consider leaving. I don't know the circumstances, but this feels like as big of a fumble by Baker as it does Kader. Unless there was some kind of personal conflict, I have to think they had the means to hold onto him if they really wanted to.
Older skaters know Baker's history and we definitely enjoy the fact they are still relevant after all these years (good talent scouting that's for sure). But the current hype among teens has a lot to do with Fried AF Supreme Kader. yeah it feels like a bad move for both
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 06:55:51 AM by BALARGUE »

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #1023 on: February 03, 2023, 06:37:27 AM »
if what horses said is true then i'm really dumbfounded by reynolds' decision. kader is more valuable to baker than baker is to kader, for sure.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #1024 on: February 03, 2023, 06:41:09 AM »
clearly
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #1025 on: February 03, 2023, 06:46:10 AM »
Baker will be just fine without Kader.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #1026 on: February 03, 2023, 06:50:51 AM »
if what horses said is true then i'm really dumbfounded by reynolds' decision. kader is more valuable to baker than baker is to kader, for sure.

Hire slow. Fire quickly. Boss shit.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #1027 on: February 03, 2023, 06:51:38 AM »

unless reynolds finds another kader then i feel like it might be the beginning of baker's demise, but i hope i'm wrong.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

ish_wav

• Rep: 93
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1028 on: February 03, 2023, 06:54:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

unless reynolds finds another kader then i feel like it might be the beginning of baker's demise, but i hope i'm wrong.

You’re absolutely insane if you genuinely believe Baker is done after this.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1029 on: February 03, 2023, 07:02:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

how? talent pool is huge these days

baker is the reason for his legitimacy

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1030 on: February 03, 2023, 07:10:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

how? talent pool is huge these days

baker is the reason for his legitimacy

Baker has always had young kids with a lot of hype that fizzle out and they've been around 20+ years
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1031 on: February 03, 2023, 07:15:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This.

There’s no way baker a legacy brand will crumble with out kader. More people on slap talk about kader than people in the real world. He’s talented yes but his names rarely a topic outside of slap. He’s not a Reynolds a Tiago or an ishod. Baker fa and hockey could probably cherry pick anyone they want and unless your Kevin white you’ll take the offer. So if they need to fill kaders spot it probably won’t be hard. Bone head choice if kader chose to leave.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1032 on: February 03, 2023, 07:16:57 AM »
Still reeling that baker was able to continue after retiring Heyl
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #1033 on: February 03, 2023, 07:24:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This.

There’s no way baker a legacy brand will crumble with out kader. More people on slap talk about kader than people in the real world. He’s talented yes but his names rarely a topic outside of slap. He’s not a Reynolds a Tiago or an ishod. Baker fa and hockey could probably cherry pick anyone they want and unless your Kevin white you’ll take the offer. So if they need to fill kaders spot it probably won’t be hard. Bone head choice if kader chose to leave.
Totally, he’s talented and has a cool name, but how many parts did he put out last year? I don’t see him doing much. For as young as he is he should’ve been aiming for SOTY like Tyshawn, but to me it feels like skating, his actual job, is an afterthought to him. Seems like he wants to chill and smoke. Baker will be fine but he’ll be forgotten if he doesn’t grow up soon.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2154
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1034 on: February 03, 2023, 07:28:20 AM »
Baker has always had young kids with a lot of hype that fizzle out and they've been around 20+ years
Boss/Baker cutting their losses early & taking the win, then?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #1035 on: February 03, 2023, 07:30:31 AM »

unless kader starts actually releasing parts he is hardly valuable to anybody... dude is the middle of a piling out phase right now, hopefully he turns it around

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1036 on: February 03, 2023, 07:30:51 AM »

This ad will come out in like a year or so

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #1037 on: February 03, 2023, 07:31:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Unless the Jaguars finds another Tebow, then I feel like it might be the beginning of the Jaguar's demise, but I hope I'm wrong.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1038 on: February 03, 2023, 07:31:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This.

I won't say Baker is done with Kader leaving but Reynolds is almost a nobody to the teen crowd (which is the main crowd in skateboarding). Kader is definitely a topic among that crowd, probably more than anyone that is currently pro for Baker right now

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1039 on: February 03, 2023, 07:36:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This.

[close]
I won't say Baker is done with Kader leaving but Reynolds is almost a nobody to the teen crowd (which is the main crowd in skateboarding). Kader is definitely a topic among that crowd, probably more than anyone that is currently pro for Baker right now

It's a good thing that there are more skaters on Baker/Deathwish than just Reynolds and Kader.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #1040 on: February 03, 2023, 07:37:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This.

[close]
Idk, I think a lot of kids skate Baker boards cause they’re in a lot of shops and they see others skating them. The logo deck is basically generic at this point. I think they’ll be fine lol

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #1041 on: February 03, 2023, 07:38:12 AM »
They kicked out: black guy who fight boxe, Cyril Jackson, Long hair guy that backside fliped hollywood 16 and many others. Its business at the end of the day. I think he is becaming too fresh for baker, let him go.

imagine having your entire existence reduced to 'black guy who fight boxe'
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #1042 on: February 03, 2023, 07:41:36 AM »
Reynolds was starting to get annoyed with the back and forth and lackadaisical approach over the last 6 months, Kader never actually spoke to him about it. Reynolds eventually told him to quit, Kader realised he didn't want to and basically begged Reynolds to keep him, but he stood firm and made him quit.

Kid fucked around and found out.

damn this is almost as crazy as when Nike shut down in June 2021.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1043 on: February 03, 2023, 07:43:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This.

[close]
[close]

It's a good thing that there are more skaters on Baker/Deathwish than just Reynolds and Kader.
Yeah as if the kids don’t love Jacopo, Tyson, Vince, Zach, max, t funk, that handsome guy whose on deatjwish and cons, that max kid - plus they got a bunch of really dope skaters on flo rn so no matter who leaves they always got like a back stock of crazy good/dope skaters. Kader is kinda 2000 and late at this point - unless he starts putting out new footage or something he’s j a kid who put out some amazing parts then started getting stoned - call him trappasso
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1044 on: February 03, 2023, 07:46:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Reynolds was starting to get annoyed with the back and forth and lackadaisical approach over the last 6 months, Kader never actually spoke to him about it. Reynolds eventually told him to quit, Kader realised he didn't want to and basically begged Reynolds to keep him, but he stood firm and made him quit.

Kid fucked around and found out.
[close]

damn this is almost as crazy as when Nike shut down in June 2021.

Or when they went into the production of skateboard decks, forcing all other board brands out of business.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #1045 on: February 03, 2023, 08:12:57 AM »
Andrew Reynolds and Fat Bill were in the closet fighting over Kader and I saw Kader and Kader looked at me!
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1046 on: February 03, 2023, 08:48:18 AM »
Expand Quote
They kicked out: black guy who fight boxe, Cyril Jackson, Long hair guy that backside fliped hollywood 16 and many others. Its business at the end of the day. I think he is becaming too fresh for baker, let him go.
[close]

Choose your fighter: "black guy who fight boxe" or "handsome guy on deatjwish and cons"

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #1047 on: February 03, 2023, 09:55:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m a fan of Donte but I’ve never thought he was good enough to be Am. Seems like a nice enough guy but he didn’t seem on the level of Baker Am.

I get why Kader wants to go to the hot new brand, but Baker seems like such a safe bet. They’ve been relevant for the last 20 years and you can’t say that about really any company. Give it a couple years and we’ll have an ad about him being back on Baker

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1048 on: February 03, 2023, 10:03:49 AM »
2003 Darrell Stanton deja vu.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1049 on: February 03, 2023, 10:19:58 AM »
so weird how many people are praying for the downfall of a kid that can’t even legally drink yet. none of you are gonna get kader’s spot on baker. you don’t have to act like this, you’re showing your ass.