Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 204552 times)

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: kader of baker
« Reply #1500 on: May 24, 2023, 11:14:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Imagine dropping that adidas video at age 19 and one year later people saying u blowing it big time and u fell off - hasent Reynolds switched shoe sponsers in last few years just as much as kader?
[close]

People’s been saying kader hasnt lived up to the hype for more than a year. At this point grown kader don’t live up to the hype little kid kader and Reynolds made people believe he would. Get the money kader but to think he’s killing it and isn’t blowing it or not living up to potential he showed is just blind dick riding

Also imagine comparing kader to Reynolds.
I don’t even really like kader that much - non of his tricks are that interesting to me - he j does really good looking basic tricks on big shit - but I also don’t understand why ur holding him to a higher standered then any other 20 year old ever. Reynolds didn’t drop a part every single year when 17-24 he was actually blowing it in drugs harder then kader is and kader def gunna have a part come out this year if not 2 parts. Patience is a virtue old man - hope it comes out before you die of natural causes
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1501 on: May 24, 2023, 11:26:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine dropping that adidas video at age 19 and one year later people saying u blowing it big time and u fell off - hasent Reynolds switched shoe sponsers in last few years just as much as kader?
[close]

People’s been saying kader hasnt lived up to the hype for more than a year. At this point grown kader don’t live up to the hype little kid kader and Reynolds made people believe he would. Get the money kader but to think he’s killing it and isn’t blowing it or not living up to potential he showed is just blind dick riding

[close]
I don’t even really like kader that much - non of his tricks are that interesting to me - he j does really good looking basic tricks on big shit - but I also don’t understand why ur holding him to a higher standered then any other 20 year old ever. Reynolds didn’t drop a part every single year when 17-24 he was actually blowing it in drugs harder then kader is and kader def gunna have a part come out this year if not 2 parts. Patience is a virtue old man - hope it comes out before you die of natural causes

Kader is that you? Or just someone  else with fried takes?

Also I’m not holding him to a higher stander. I never bought into his clout like a lot of slap has. I don’t dislike him. I think he’s good. He’s pro for a reason. I don’t get the dick riding he gets. And I back him getting any checks he can. But he’s no Reynolds. He’s no ishod. Etc.
he’s been rumored to have these parts that’s suppose to prove the hype since Baker 4 and he’s just dropped mid edits since. Your right little boy, I may die of old age before he drops a career defining part.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 11:40:37 AM by Murge »

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1502 on: May 24, 2023, 11:35:35 AM »
Miss you Rusty Berings

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1503 on: May 24, 2023, 11:59:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Reynolds won SOTY at age 20 and founded Baker at age 22.

Here is a list of Reynolds parts that would include footage from him below the age of 20 (not 20 at time of release):

Union Wheels: Right to Skate (1992)
Birdhouse Projects: Untitled (1992)
Birdhouse Projects: Ravers (1993)
Tracker: Hi-8 (1995)
Transworld Skateboarding: 4 Wheel Drive[46]
Airwalk: Skateboarding Video 96 (1996)
411VM: Issue 22 (1997)
411VM: Best Of 411, Volume 4 (1997)
Birdhouse: The End (1998)[47]
Baker: Baker Bootleg (1998)
Globe: Canvas (1998)
Transworld Skateboarding: Feedback (1999)[48]
Baker: Baker 2G (2000)
Transworld Skateboarding: Anthology (2000)
ON Video: Spring (2001)
ON Video: Fall (2002)
ON Video: Summer (2002)
Baker: Summer Tour 2001 (2001)

It's not even fucking close how much more productive Reynolds was despite the partying and harder drugs. Kader has no excuse he's just like most lazy kids that have ridden social media hype.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #1504 on: May 24, 2023, 12:06:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Here is a list of Reynolds parts that would include footage from him below the age of 20 (not 20 at time of release):

It's not even fucking close how much more productive Reynolds was despite the partying and harder drugs. Kader has no excuse he's just like most lazy kids that have ridden social media hype.

i ask this question all the time so i’ll rephrase it - do you think andrew reynolds produced all those video parts for you? do you think he felt he owed it to the consumer?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #1505 on: May 24, 2023, 12:11:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Wow haha
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

tadej Pog

« Reply #1506 on: May 24, 2023, 12:29:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

/thread.
Miss you Rusty Berings

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #1507 on: May 24, 2023, 12:32:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Wow haha
Cool here’s everything kaders been in before he was 20:
Baker am vid
Young emericans
Baker 4
Old friends novia
Boys of summer #2
Thankuvans part
Adidas part
All the strobeck features but I’ll count that as one part.
His footage in am scramble
His clips in the Tristan warren Europe video
His “weak sauce” part
I think there’s a few more I can’t find/ remember rn too
Not including all of his “100 kick flips in blah blah shoe” and out there videos either

He’s a very productive young man and I don’t wanna be anywhere near his dick

waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1508 on: May 24, 2023, 12:41:13 PM »
In the 1996 romance/sport classic "Jerry Maguire", Jonathan Lipnicki played the character Ray Boyd, a young child with spectacles. Adored by critics and movie goers alike, Jonathan quickly faded into obscurity years after the films release.

I have nothing bad to say about Jonathan Lipnicki or about Kader. I hope for nothing but the best for both of them. To me, the works they created in their youth is what I think of when I hear their names. The huge board little kid era really suited Kader well.

This is how I feel.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 41
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #1509 on: May 24, 2023, 12:44:33 PM »
Productivity in skateboarding is overrated. There’s plenty of Kader footage anyway, let him live

IpathCats

« Reply #1510 on: May 24, 2023, 12:51:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Wow haha
[close]
Baker am vid
Young emericans
Baker 4
Old friends novia
Boys of summer #2
Thankuvans part
Adidas part
His “weak sauce” part
Not including all of his “100 kick flips in blah blah shoe” and out there videos either

you're tripping if you think this compares.

should've just taken that L man.

we're all wrong sometimes.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #1511 on: May 24, 2023, 01:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Wow haha
[close]
Baker am vid
Young emericans
Baker 4
Old friends novia
Boys of summer #2
Thankuvans part
Adidas part
His “weak sauce” part

[close]

My point is these lists are stupid for calculating that kader has blown it since he hasent dropped 18 parts over the span of 7 years - social media exists now if u didn’t remember so skaters j post stuff on there story or profile that would of gone to 411 or something back in the day so if he didn’t have social media I think the list of parts / appearances could easily be longer the the Reynolds list.
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #1512 on: May 24, 2023, 01:24:55 PM »
Also that Reynolds list spans over 10 years kader been in the game like 6 tops
I also have a feeling a lot of those 411s/ on videos are recycling clips and that the ones before 96 we’re probably dumb indoor prefab tour type clips
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1513 on: May 24, 2023, 01:48:55 PM »
Also that Reynolds list spans over 10 years kader been in the game like 6 tops
I also have a feeling a lot of those 411s/ on videos are recycling clips and that the ones before 96 we’re probably dumb indoor prefab tour type clips

a bunch of montages and shared parts doesnt even touch reynolds legacy. especially when its filled with weed smoking and tricks down 7 sets. wolrdsbestmethsmoker confirmed.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1514 on: May 24, 2023, 01:55:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Wow haha
[close]
Baker am vid
Young emericans
Baker 4
Old friends novia
Boys of summer #2
Thankuvans part
Adidas part
His “weak sauce” part

[close]

Facts.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1515 on: May 24, 2023, 01:59:29 PM »
Theres never going to be another AR. Hes a juggernaut in skating. Skating isnt the same as it was. Didnt like AR crush like a thousand contests too.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

tadej Pog

« Reply #1516 on: May 24, 2023, 02:17:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Wow haha
[close]
Baker am vid
Young emericans
Baker 4
Old friends novia
Boys of summer #2
Thankuvans part
Adidas part
His “weak sauce” part

How you put few clips (3 or 5) as a number to compare them?
Reynolds and the most of All Time pros has a bunch of videoparts and clips in all magazine videos. I cant remember any Digital or Transworld videos whithout a Reynolds clip.
Miss you Rusty Berings

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #1517 on: May 24, 2023, 02:44:28 PM »
Yeah sounds like I’m rite y’all wrong - ps I’m not saying Nader better then Reynolds - Reynolds is a godfather to modern skating and kader is j a young prospect
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #1518 on: May 24, 2023, 02:47:10 PM »
Yeah sounds like I’m rite y’all wrong - ps I’m not saying Nader better then Reynolds - Reynolds is a godfather to modern skating and kader is j a young prospect

Can we add Nader to the list with Spanly, Craigtap etc.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #1519 on: May 24, 2023, 02:52:45 PM »
When did this argument transform into "Kader is the next Reynolds"?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #1520 on: May 24, 2023, 02:54:21 PM »
When did this argument transform into "Kader is the next Reynolds"?
Wasent my intention to bring it to this - I’m sorry world  :-[ :-X
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1521 on: May 24, 2023, 02:58:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can we add Nader to the list with Spanly, Craigtap etc.

be the change you want to see

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1522 on: May 24, 2023, 07:26:20 PM »
Reynolds is 44 for a few more weeks and was born in 1978, he turned 20 in 1998. The list has videos going up to 2001 where he would have been 23

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1523 on: May 24, 2023, 09:25:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

i ask this question all the time so i’ll rephrase it - do you think andrew reynolds produced all those video parts for you? do you think he felt he owed it to the consumer?

I mean, yes, I do think that he made these parts for consumers and he "owed" them it to an extent seeing as how recording yourself skating is part of the job of being a pro skater so you get consumers to support your sponsors.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1524 on: May 24, 2023, 09:56:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I mean, yes, I do think that he made these parts for consumers and he "owed" them it to an extent seeing as how recording yourself skating is part of the job of being a pro skater so you get consumers to support your sponsors.

wanna take this a step further bc i’m fascinated by your perspective - painters owe you their paintings, songwriters owe you their songs, filmmakers owe you movies, etc. you’re good with all of that? do you get mad at guy piccioto because you feel like fugazi owes you more songs? that is his job after all.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 104
« Reply #1525 on: May 25, 2023, 02:54:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #1526 on: May 25, 2023, 06:07:40 AM »
Kader's output is very impressive for a twenty year old and the fact that so many people are trying to deny that proves that Slap is almost always harsher on black skaters than anyone else.

tadej Pog

« Reply #1527 on: May 25, 2023, 07:57:49 AM »
He is not

Prod
Cass
Bastien
Mo
Malto
Jah
Miss you Rusty Berings

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #1528 on: May 25, 2023, 08:05:16 AM »
Expand Quote
It happens, Jeremy Rodgers was a similar case where the ego gets a little crazy, they make some money and the skills don’t evolve.
Kader will keep people interested and produce more basic clips of flip tricks down sets and maybe there will be a generation it resonates with.
Or maybe all the kids that love him now will fade away and he will have to actually reinvent himself to keep the contracts going.
If you sell product the brands will keep knocking on your door. Some keep it going, others are fleeting.
Part of the reason he has had success is because of how Baker/Reynolds showcased him in their videos.
[close]

Isn't that a majority of the reason for his success? Would he have had the same level of success and hype if he hadn't been Reynolds 2010's protégé?

I never paid much attention to him personally and it's the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of him - Reynold's protégé. I'm not sure if it's the case, but from the outside looking in the vibe I get is that he maybe doesn't fully appreciate that? I think that + him coming across as completely burnt in interviews started to sour his image a bit.

ASS FAULT

• Rep: -32
« Reply #1529 on: May 25, 2023, 08:19:20 AM »
off!off!not of!