Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 203971 times)

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: kader of baker
« Reply #1530 on: May 25, 2023, 08:32:51 AM »
Kader's output is very impressive for a twenty year old and the fact that so many people are trying to deny that proves that Slap is almost always harsher on black skaters than anyone else.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with race at all. Mr. Virtue.

Plus everyone champions ishod. Idk if I’ve ever seen anyone say anything negative about ishod. Ishod is talented and crushes it in every way. And lives up to the hype he created for himself. Kader not so much.
Got rocketed into the lime light from Reynolds got hyped up. Had  potential he had as a kid and has yet to prove the hype. In my eyes ishod is where he’s at because his work ethic and talent and created opportunity for himself. Kader was given his opportunity and more or  less is letting it flounder and nit living up to his child potential. Dudes to burnt

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1531 on: May 25, 2023, 08:43:08 AM »
off!off!not of!

To me it show off in tittle of topic.
Miss you Rusty Berings

minilogoflow

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1532 on: May 25, 2023, 08:51:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine dropping that adidas video at age 19 and one year later people saying u blowing it big time and u fell off - hasent Reynolds switched shoe sponsers in last few years just as much as kader?
[close]

People’s been saying kader hasnt lived up to the hype for more than a year. At this point grown kader don’t live up to the hype little kid kader and Reynolds made people believe he would. Get the money kader but to think he’s killing it and isn’t blowing it or not living up to potential he showed is just blind dick riding

Also imagine comparing kader to Reynolds.
[close]
I don’t even really like kader that much - non of his tricks are that interesting to me - he j does really good looking basic tricks on big shit - but I also don’t understand why ur holding him to a higher standered then any other 20 year old ever. Reynolds didn’t drop a part every single year when 17-24 he was actually blowing it in drugs harder then kader is and kader def gunna have a part come out this year if not 2 parts. Patience is a virtue old man - hope it comes out before you die of natural causes
[close]

Reynolds won SOTY at age 20 and founded Baker at age 22.

Here is a list of Reynolds parts that would include footage from him below the age of 20 (not 20 at time of release):

Union Wheels: Right to Skate (1992)
Birdhouse Projects: Untitled (1992)
Birdhouse Projects: Ravers (1993)
Tracker: Hi-8 (1995)
Transworld Skateboarding: 4 Wheel Drive[46]
Airwalk: Skateboarding Video 96 (1996)
411VM: Issue 22 (1997)
411VM: Best Of 411, Volume 4 (1997)
Birdhouse: The End (1998)[47]
Baker: Baker Bootleg (1998)
Globe: Canvas (1998)
Transworld Skateboarding: Feedback (1999)[48]
Baker: Baker 2G (2000)
Transworld Skateboarding: Anthology (2000)
ON Video: Spring (2001)
ON Video: Fall (2002)
ON Video: Summer (2002)
Baker: Summer Tour 2001 (2001)

It's not even fucking close how much more productive Reynolds was despite the partying and harder drugs. Kader has no excuse he's just like most lazy kids that have ridden social media hype.
[close]

i ask this question all the time so i’ll rephrase it - do you think andrew reynolds produced all those video parts for you? do you think he felt he owed it to the consumer?
[close]

I mean, yes, I do think that he made these parts for consumers and he "owed" them it to an extent seeing as how recording yourself skating is part of the job of being a pro skater so you get consumers to support your sponsors.
[close]

wanna take this a step further bc i’m fascinated by your perspective - painters owe you their paintings, songwriters owe you their songs, filmmakers owe you movies, etc. you’re good with all of that? do you get mad at guy piccioto because you feel like fugazi owes you more songs? that is his job after all.

If people want to support themselves with their art then yes they owe it to the consumer to produce art. Idk what's so hard to grasp here.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #1533 on: May 25, 2023, 08:52:10 AM »

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1534 on: May 25, 2023, 09:05:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Kader's output is very impressive for a twenty year old and the fact that so many people are trying to deny that proves that Slap is almost always harsher on black skaters than anyone else.
[close]

Plus everyone champions ishod. Idk if I’ve ever seen anyone say anything negative about ishod. Ishod is talented and crushes it in every way. And lives up to the hype he created for himself. Kader not so much.
Got rocketed into the lime light from Reynolds got hyped up. Had  potential he had as a kid and has yet to prove the hype. In my eyes ishod is where he’s at because his work ethic and talent and created opportunity for himself. Kader was given his opportunity and more or  less is letting it flounder and nit living up to his child potential. Dudes to burnt

You're the second guy in as many days to justify his dislike of Kader by comparing him to one of the true outlier, first ballot hall of famer, Mt. Rushmore type skaters. That's not a fair expectation to put on anyone. Kader might've been "discovered" by Reynolds, but that in no way means he must follow in his every footstep.

The whole "I like Ishod because HE WORKS HARD" shtick is not a good look at all btw. I'd encourage you to reflect on any well-worn stereotypes about black people and work ethic you might have internalized.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #1535 on: May 25, 2023, 09:06:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A to B comparisons like this don't really make sense because they're never in good faith. People love Ishod because he  isn't the standard, he's the exception.

In every single Kader thread people try to call him lazy, and then in every thread someone lists the half a dozen parts he's had before the age of 20, and then every single time it gets shrugged off. People in here are really trying to compare his output to ANDREW REYNOLDS to discredit him. Get fuckin' real. Not to mention the constant Antwuan comparisons because *checks notes* he smokes weed? C'mon.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #1536 on: May 25, 2023, 09:06:58 AM »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1537 on: May 25, 2023, 09:08:21 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1g7rXJvKxtA
I remember this trick more than most people's full parts. That's why he's hyped up. I also think his output is fine. More would be good tho.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #1538 on: May 25, 2023, 09:21:51 AM »
Comparing skaters legacy by age is weird to me. It's the same mindset that has ruined a lot of sports talk. Everything now is about "how does this affect his legacy?", such and such had this many championships / trophies by this age. It's like we can't enjoy athletes or in this instance skaters in a vacuum. I would say Kader's productivity is obviously not on the level of the most productive pros out there at the moment but he's not KB either. It's pretty much standard productivity in this age for the skaters that are not outright gunning for SOTY. Everything he's released since his Baker 4 part has been fire to me. Maybe not groundbreaking shit, but just incredibly stylish skateboarding with good music supervision

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #1539 on: May 25, 2023, 09:26:16 AM »
Kader has a mighty fine kickflip so he gets a pass from me! Can’t wait till he drops a new part and everyone here eats their words! He has never put out shit footage either. Don’t know why everyone is complaining.
Though I do believe he should’ve stuck with Baker
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1540 on: May 25, 2023, 09:35:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You're the second guy in as many days to justify his dislike of Kader by comparing him to one of the true outlier, first ballot hall of famer, Mt. Rushmore type skaters. That's not a fair expectation to put on anyone. Kader might've been "discovered" by Reynolds, but that in no way means he must follow in his every footstep.

The whole "I like Ishod because HE WORKS HARD" shtick is not a good look at all btw. I'd encourage you to reflect on any well-worn stereotypes about black people and work ethic you might have internalized.

Did I say I didn’t like kader? I think he’s talented. I don’t know him personally or anything but I don’t dislike him. But I do think he fell into lime light. Ishod is a great skater. That’s why I like him. It’s not about race it’s about one being basically a legend and the other just barely doing anything. Except his next part will be amazing 😉 . But you’re a racist if you call it out. Ok. Slap can criticize any and everything but not kader or Beatrice. Got it. Also I would say kader was given a golden ticket being the boss protege and isn’t living up to it. Same argument can be made about Riley hawk.

Everyone’s a racist that calls out the person you like shit is dumb. Everyone that disagrees with you isn’t a racist. Not everything is black or white

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #1541 on: May 25, 2023, 09:37:05 AM »
Good not great.  If he gets any hate it was just because there was too much hype too early.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1542 on: May 25, 2023, 09:39:19 AM »
Good not great.  If he gets any hate it was just because there was too much hype too early.

This is what I’m trying to say! Thank you.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #1543 on: May 25, 2023, 09:41:56 AM »
I don't like Violet direction, but their team is looking great. Kader is amazing!

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #1544 on: May 25, 2023, 10:07:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Did I say I didn’t like kader? I think he’s talented. I don’t know him personally or anything but I don’t dislike him. But I do think he fell into lime light. Ishod is a great skater. That’s why I like him. It’s not about race it’s about one being basically a legend and the other just barely doing anything. Except his next part will be amazing 😉 . But you’re a racist if you call it out. Ok. Slap can criticize any and everything but not kader or Beatrice. Got it. Also I would say kader was given a golden ticket being the boss protege and isn’t living up to it. Same argument can be made about Riley hawk.

Everyone’s a racist that calls out the person you like shit is dumb. Everyone that disagrees with you isn’t a racist. Not everything is black or white

Ishod is 31 years old, Kader is 20. Ishod has proved himself because he's been doing this a lot longer.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #1545 on: May 25, 2023, 10:13:19 AM »
So is Kader of Baker? Where is his Violet board?

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1546 on: May 25, 2023, 10:28:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine dropping that adidas video at age 19 and one year later people saying u blowing it big time and u fell off - hasent Reynolds switched shoe sponsers in last few years just as much as kader?
[close]

People’s been saying kader hasnt lived up to the hype for more than a year. At this point grown kader don’t live up to the hype little kid kader and Reynolds made people believe he would. Get the money kader but to think he’s killing it and isn’t blowing it or not living up to potential he showed is just blind dick riding

[close]
I don’t even really like kader that much - non of his tricks are that interesting to me - he j does really good looking basic tricks on big shit - but I also don’t understand why ur holding him to a higher standered then any other 20 year old ever. Reynolds didn’t drop a part every single year when 17-24 he was actually blowing it in drugs harder then kader is and kader def gunna have a part come out this year if not 2 parts. Patience is a virtue old man - hope it comes out before you die of natural causes
[close]

Here is a list of Reynolds parts that would include footage from him below the age of 20 (not 20 at time of release):

It's not even fucking close how much more productive Reynolds was despite the partying and harder drugs. Kader has no excuse he's just like most lazy kids that have ridden social media hype.
[close]

i ask this question all the time so i’ll rephrase it - do you think andrew reynolds produced all those video parts for you? do you think he felt he owed it to the consumer?
[close]

I mean, yes, I do think that he made these parts for consumers and he "owed" them it to an extent seeing as how recording yourself skating is part of the job of being a pro skater so you get consumers to support your sponsors.
[close]

wanna take this a step further bc i’m fascinated by your perspective - painters owe you their paintings, songwriters owe you their songs, filmmakers owe you movies, etc. you’re good with all of that? do you get mad at guy piccioto because you feel like fugazi owes you more songs? that is his job after all.
[close]

If people want to support themselves with their art then yes they owe it to the consumer to produce art. Idk what's so hard to grasp here.

that's not art, that's product. also wouldn't it be up to the people who sign checks to decide who gets paid and not randos?

idk i always find these types of conversations interesting because outside of a fair day's pay for a fair day's work, i can't think of anything i think anyone owes me

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1547 on: May 25, 2023, 10:33:41 AM »
So is Kader of Baker? Where is his Violet board?

They are saving it for the big “surprise” welcome part

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1548 on: May 25, 2023, 10:43:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ishod is 31 years old, Kader is 20. Ishod has proved himself because he's been doing this a lot longer.

Okay. Great. The reason ishod was brought up was because homie said slap is harsher on black skaters. I said slap and people in general have nothing bad to say about ishod. I don’t know why the age is relevant just like if someone doesn’t care for certain skaters color doesn’t matter. Also I don’t mind kader. As said above. He’s good. Not great. So the blind hype on him doesn’t make sense.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1549 on: May 25, 2023, 10:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

that's not art, that's product. also wouldn't it be up to the people who sign checks to decide who gets paid and not randos?

idk i always find these types of conversations interesting because outside of a fair day's pay for a fair day's work, i can't think of anything i think anyone owes me

So because something is sold it loses it's artistic integrity/is no longer art? I'm failing to see your point here. I'm pretty sure every artist that makes a living is selling their art and not just getting paid because they're "talented". I never said the artists/skaters owe me anything either, they owe it to themselves to produce if they want to be paid and make a living.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #1550 on: May 25, 2023, 11:08:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Okay. Great. The reason ishod was brought up was because homie said slap is harsher on black skaters. I said slap and people in general have nothing bad to say about ishod. I don’t know why the age is relevant just like if someone doesn’t care for certain skaters color doesn’t matter. Also I don’t mind kader. As said above. He’s good. Not great. So the blind hype on him doesn’t make sense.

There's always one guy who gets weirdly defensive over this observation. "But Ishod" feels like the Slap version of "I have a black friend".

There are a lot of really shitty takes that often go unchecked on here about non-white skaters, some of them teetering on straight up racism. There are fair criticisms you can make about Kader, but pretty much every thread I see about him (among others) are full of bad faith arguments and really weird double standards you don't see applied elsewhere. 

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1551 on: May 25, 2023, 11:29:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

There's always one guy who gets weirdly defensive over this observation. "But Ishod" feels like the Slap version of "I have a black friend".

There are a lot of really shitty takes that often go unchecked on here about non-white skaters, some of them teetering on straight up racism. There are fair criticisms you can make about Kader, but pretty much every thread I see about him (among others) are full of bad faith arguments and really weird double standards you don't see applied elsewhere.

you sound very sure its everyone else but really its you

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1552 on: May 25, 2023, 12:59:35 PM »
When did this argument transform into "Kader is the next Reynolds"?

Kader planted the seeds of comparison in interview.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 127
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #1553 on: May 25, 2023, 01:34:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOU OWN OWE!

a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1554 on: May 25, 2023, 04:18:47 PM »
Expand Quote
When did this argument transform into "Kader is the next Reynolds"?
[close]

Kader planted the seeds of comparison in interview.

Specifically 2 pages back when someone said that Reynolds had not produced much footage by age 20 either. Why they made that comparison is beyond me, but it took a few minutes of Wikipedia to refute that claim.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1555 on: May 25, 2023, 04:33:46 PM »

I posted the Reynolds list because I didn't realize worldsbestweedsmoker was clearly trolling with his comparison. If he thinks the Thankyouvans shitpost video was somehow on the level (for its time) as The End or Feedback he's fried.

I think in the case of Kader when you have a legend really pushing him as the future of a generation and then his output mostly becomes weed smoking clips in an era where it's easier than ever people are going to come to the conclusion that he's not producing the amount of content they would expect from the hype.

We don't know what he's actually doing, he was injured for a long time, and there are plenty of other skaters that have just as little output for their pro status aka much of the current FA squad. If you are higher profile you're naturally going to attract more praise and more criticism. You could say the same of any athlete in any sport I could name a dozen pros in the sports I follow of multiple races and nationalities with similar career arcs. I'd like to see his footage because I like his skating.

I remember you saying the same thing when people were questioning TJ's new company, which has been a dud so far. Specifically I remember you implying I was racist for saying he sounded arrogant in an interview. I think most pro athletes sound arrogant, but it's not their race it's likely that they're motivated by competition and are surrounded by people who want to hype them up to be the best at whatever. At the same time I think it has also come across that TJ puts an insane amount of work into his parts and lives and breathes all of his companies and that's definitely a rarity for someone his age in skating and if it were me doing all those things with success I'd probably be the same.

The night listener

• Rep: -163
« Reply #1556 on: May 25, 2023, 05:12:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Tyshawn works hard too. And plenty of other black skaters. Quit crying victim.

The night listener

• Rep: -163
« Reply #1557 on: May 25, 2023, 05:18:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think the one getting weirdly defensive is the one always making it about race. Being black doesn't make anyone immune to criticism. Stop crying and start skating.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1558 on: May 25, 2023, 05:39:48 PM »
In typical slap fashion I'm gonna over think this a bit.
Violet is a very current brand, no gender hangups and very fashion forward.
It's really small though, and in 2 years those skaters could easily move on, change aesthetics or move and make friends at other brands and move there.Plus Bill might just find out how hard it is to start a brand from scratch and be over it. And maybe Kader grows up a bit more and doesn't fit a younger brand in those couple of years and Bill starts over again with a new team.
Baker is established and Reynolds is still heavily involved in everything they do. As Kader got older no doubt he could still fit in or find a new role there. Just seems like more opportunity to stick with Baker. Violet has been around about a year, I'm curious to see what they do next.
Baker seems to be ever evolving, the way any good business should be.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1559 on: May 25, 2023, 07:32:21 PM »
imagine staying with the same employer for 6-7 years
and at the ripe age of 20, looking for new pastures

the nerve of this kid
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo