Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 203979 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
Re: kader of baker
« Reply #1590 on: May 26, 2023, 12:39:59 PM »
Expand Quote
I wish I had a couple of those ear snot boards.

That's low key my favorite graphic out.

I love the h street style 5050 bottom ply and I've always dug on ear snot.

He's like the BA of bombing.
[close]

I see what you mean, but his voice isn't nearly deep enough. BA's vocal chords are probably longer than his donger.

I may be mistaken, but I believe depth of voice depends on the girth of the vocal cords.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1591 on: May 26, 2023, 12:41:54 PM »
It is pretty interesting to see a thread about Penny and then think that he's spent about 90% of his career as a pro not generating any content, which is what people are calling Kader lazy for.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #1592 on: May 26, 2023, 12:59:01 PM »
Do you really think people didn’t call Tom Penny lazy?  You shoulda been at the skate shop when Menikmati came out
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1593 on: May 26, 2023, 01:20:30 PM »
Do you really think people didn’t call Tom Penny lazy?  You shoulda been at the skate shop when Menikmati came out

I don't recall people calling him lazy, it was more like a total mystery. He completely disappeared for a few years. This was when the first message boards were online and every now and then Penny sightings would pop up, as if he was a Bigfoot or Yeti. I remember one particular post that he was squatting in London and addicted to H.

There was hardly any way to verify information back then even if you worked in the industry. 

There was also the infamous "RIP Kareem, Joey Suriel killed him by accident playing with a gun" post and everybody was in shock. It took days to debunk that rumor. Maybe weeks.

As far as I remember people didn't call Penny lazy but were more like "what the fuck happened to him?" until Rowley (kind of) explained it in the Menikmati voice-over.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1594 on: May 26, 2023, 01:44:46 PM »

No, that's the kinda double standard. Penny doesn't put out parts but goes put skating and gets clips. Until his injury Kader would post clips in his stories and would contribute to videos although not full parts. It wasn't like he wasn't skating at all. People assume he doesn't because he doesn't post stuff. It's a warped perception driven entirely by inferring that his IG content is his entire life.

I'll agree that Penny was transformative no one can argue that. There's not really much opportunity to do what he did in the modern era so you can't directly compare the two. I just saw the Penny thread and thought about the duality of how both are assessed when the overall lack of content is similar.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #1595 on: May 26, 2023, 02:46:42 PM »
Regarding Kader's truck - I remember when he posted about it and people here reacted similarly, and then someone pointed out that it was just like a base model $25k truck. That's more than I've ever spent or will ever spend on a car, but that's a totally normal amount of money for a new vehicle. The fact that he replaced it with a Porsche indicates to me that, if he did get rid of it, it wasn't due to money problems.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 127
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #1596 on: May 26, 2023, 02:55:18 PM »
Speaking of deep voices, Tom Penny's voice is CRAZY
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Bucketguy

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1597 on: May 26, 2023, 04:31:25 PM »
Regarding Kader's truck - I remember when he posted about it and people here reacted similarly, and then someone pointed out that it was just like a base model $25k truck. That's more than I've ever spent or will ever spend on a car, but that's a totally normal amount of money for a new vehicle. The fact that he replaced it with a Porsche indicates to me that, if he did get rid of it, it wasn't due to money problems.
Yeah, it was a base model Silverado 1500. Not a “huge” truck or wildly expensive to buy, maintain, or keep papers on

#switchgod

• Rep: -93
  • One love.
« Reply #1598 on: May 26, 2023, 05:23:37 PM »
It is pretty interesting to see a thread about Penny and then think that he's spent about 90% of his career as a pro not generating any content, which is what people are calling Kader lazy for.

The difference is Penny came out and wrecked all pros before he bounced.
Kader been on "he's gonna be a great someday" for like 5 years now. Never put out anything groundbreaking or top tier pro level. Great style though.

Bhaktih

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1599 on: May 26, 2023, 05:33:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The difference is Penny came out and wrecked all pros before he bounced.
Kader been on "he's gonna be a great someday" for like 5 years now. Never put out anything groundbreaking or top tier pro level. Great style though.

Who was the last person to splash like Penny? Esp with the internet it doesn’t progress in bounds like before but tons of small steps

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1600 on: May 26, 2023, 05:38:52 PM »
Yeah Kader’s so stupid for joining a team consisting of arguably the most naturally gifted and promising upcoming skaters instead of keeping it 100 and sharing a catalog with The Nuge and Riley Hawk.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1601 on: May 26, 2023, 06:17:21 PM »
Yeah Kader’s so stupid for joining a team consisting of arguably the most naturally gifted and promising upcoming skaters instead of keeping it 100 and sharing a catalog with The Nuge and Riley Hawk.

Such and intentionally dumb take.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1602 on: May 26, 2023, 08:11:42 PM »
Kader is definitely on some cooler trucks so he's definitely winning there.

Know what would be kinda sick. If he moved out here and filmed nothing but crust destruction for a few years.

Maybe some Australian tours and shit. I'd like to see a Violet Australian Soty tour.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1603 on: May 27, 2023, 12:34:34 AM »
comparing him to reynolds is dumb. different era, different person

let him enjoy himself, hes young. He's going to drop a real nice part soon enough and i look forward to it. Footage is sorta scarce but its so enjoyable to watch

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1604 on: May 27, 2023, 04:56:52 PM »
I confess that would hate him less if join FA team. But fat bill project seems forced and fake to me, dude just take kids below 18 and made a brand in his terms. Looks like a Boyband manager trying to make money.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 06:58:40 PM by tadej Pog »
Miss you Rusty Berings

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1605 on: May 27, 2023, 06:20:42 PM »
I confess that would hate him lass if join FA team. But fat bill project seems forced and fake to me, dude just take kids below 18 and made a brand in his terms. Looks like a Boyband manager trying to make money.

I tried to gnar you but I already gnarred you on another post about fa needing skating rats. I owe you. I agree with both takes

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1606 on: May 27, 2023, 06:45:05 PM »

Huge fan of Efron but aside from her/them I really don’t get the rest of the violet team and I’m not quite sure why.
Kader’s job requirement is to be a pro skateboarder. He is definitely at the level required to be on adidas and baker and now violet. It’s random skate shop / internet rumblings that are saying he’s going to be the next Gonz/Cardiel/Penny/Reynolds, not these companies. You guys want Kader’s stock to go down? Don’t make / add to 50 something page threads on him
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 105
« Reply #1607 on: May 28, 2023, 05:28:38 AM »

I mean yeah, it all seems pretty ridiculous if you ignore the fact that Jacopo, T-Funk, and Rowan Zorilla wipe the fucking floor with anyone on Violet.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1608 on: May 28, 2023, 06:00:23 AM »
nah the violet team is very good, definitely some special rippers on there, tgip and patrick omara especially, those dudes just have IT. the main problem is most of the kader parts from here on out will be from the hands of strobeck, and that’s pretty disappointing. that last violet video sucked, completely unwatchable.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1609 on: May 28, 2023, 06:10:19 AM »
nah the violet team is very good, definitely some special rippers on there, tgip and patrick omara especially, those dudes just have IT. the main problem is most of the kader parts from here on out will be from the hands of strobeck, and that’s pretty disappointing. that last violet video sucked, completely unwatchable.

This is probably why I’m not juiced on them, no disrespect to the Violet team
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #1610 on: May 28, 2023, 06:16:38 AM »

imagine typing that out

veritas

« Reply #1611 on: May 28, 2023, 07:25:22 AM »
I confess that would hate him less if join FA team. But fat bill project seems forced and fake to me, dude just take kids below 18 and made a brand in his terms. Looks like a Boyband manager trying to make money.

That whole team is FA overflow, all those kids were riding FA bloards beforehand except for Kader

The irony of this is that Fat Bill actually has a more successful and better track record for developing talent than Reynolds, especially present day, if anything Kader is better off on Violet career wise by a country mile

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1612 on: May 28, 2023, 08:22:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That whole team is FA overflow, all those kids were riding FA bloards beforehand except for Kader

The irony of this is that Fat Bill actually has a more successful and better track record for developing talent than Reynolds, especially present day, if anything Kader is better off on Violet career wise by a country mile

Only interesting guy in Violet is Seven Strong. I dont know the other guys name because they dont put names on videos. 
Just saw their insta and found a guy doing basic flatground tricks and a fucking flip nose manual. Lol....pretty high level kids.

Dude, Reynolds is a pro and is too busy to search all the time under age kids for his brand.
Miss you Rusty Berings

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1613 on: May 28, 2023, 08:34:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

does he?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1614 on: May 28, 2023, 09:22:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

imagine typing that out
that doesn’t work on me, i don’t care if i come across lame or corny. also imagine what? employing a common phrase that’s been said countless times about other skaters, or applying it to tgip and patrick omara?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1615 on: May 28, 2023, 11:33:15 AM »
I’m with you dogg.  Troy, Patrick, Seven all have that special wow factor where it seems like they could do anything and make it look easy.  Similar to Rowan as mentioned above.  Kris’ style may not be quite there, but he’s also kf bs tail bigspinning handrails.  It’s been so long since board company money compares to shoe, clothing, drink sponsor money, if it ever even has... it’s just straight up ignorant to think that leaving Baker for the hot new brand would hurt his career in any way.  Even if Violet folds and Drew won’t take him back.. you don’t think another board brand would?

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #1616 on: May 28, 2023, 12:20:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

imagine typing that out
[close]
that doesn’t work on me, i don’t care if i come across lame or corny. also imagine what? employing a common phrase that’s been said countless times about other skaters, or applying it to tgip and patrick omara?

Yeah this thread is just bleeding old man unacceptance. Sure the Violet guys/girl aren’t all SOTY level skaters but they definitely still rip. And come on guys it’s Kader he’d be more than fine if Violet ceased tomorrow.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1617 on: May 28, 2023, 02:08:18 PM »
Yeah I feel like we already saw Kader on Baker and it was sick.  Kinda stoked for the Kader Violet era.  Adidas seemed to be happy to have him over on Violet, I’m sure he’s in lockstep with all of his other sponsors.  Sure, Bill will miss a few tricks every so often, but it seems like there will be more content overall this way, perhaps a video per drop?  And I like how he fits with the team.  Bill’s edits aren’t quite as good as Andrew’s in my opinion, but they’re not far off.  I like them both.

Q bert

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1618 on: May 28, 2023, 06:44:19 PM »
Yeah I feel like we already saw Kader on Baker and it was sick.  Kinda stoked for the Kader Violet era.  Adidas seemed to be happy to have him over on Violet, I’m sure he’s in lockstep with all of his other sponsors.  Sure, Bill will miss a few tricks every so often, but it seems like there will be more content overall this way, perhaps a video per drop?  And I like how he fits with the team.  Bill’s edits aren’t quite as good as Andrew’s in my opinion, but they’re not far off.  I like them both.

Homies be reachin dumb hard on these posts. Fat bill paved way for a bunch of those dudes and to say strobecks edits arn’t as good as a baker edit yur geekin. I dare say baker 4 was, when it came out a screaming bite to be like Blessed.Ask thee boss.

Baglady

• Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1619 on: May 28, 2023, 07:31:40 PM »
https://youtu.be/bspyWO-OVvc
Dude in the comments said kader getting paid with product