Author Topic: Tyshawn has some clips in the new Kendrick Lamar music video “N95”  (Read 5214 times)

T4T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
Dot is sick, he did this album more for him it sounds like

One thing i think is funny is people will listen to all sorts of experimental noisecore abrasive shit but when it comes to hip hop there definitely feels like there is less acceptance of experimentation

Maybe thats just my impression tho

this, a lot of experimental stuff is accepted outside of the larger hip hop community, but almost never accepted within it. Bizarre.
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
Dot is sick, he did this album more for him it sounds like

One thing i think is funny is people will listen to all sorts of experimental noisecore abrasive shit but when it comes to hip hop there definitely feels like there is less acceptance of experimentation

Maybe thats just my impression tho

Yeah I find the mixed reaction interesting. People are saying it doesn’t have as many slaps as Damn, I see it more like a hip-hop ‘Kid A’ where a complete listen through is way better than the sum of its parts.

I think Kendrick is saying something very poignant about how the pandemic soured him on the concept of celebrity worship.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 08:51:58 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I think in Kendricks case he's just too good to mail it in and make a generic "fun" song or album that everyone wants to listen to 1000 times. He actually has a message and a theme to every album which I appreciate, but at the end of the day it's been 5 years and we all want another "humble" type song.

alex

• Rep: 34
I think in Kendricks case he's just too good to mail it in and make a generic "fun" song or album that everyone wants to listen to 1000 times. He actually has a message and a theme to every album which I appreciate, but at the end of the day it's been 5 years and we all want another "humble" type song.

Interesting take and I agree. I respect the man as he's obviously incredibly talented but I don't have much replay value on his last two albums.
Suns out, im going skating. chow

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
[close]

Interesting take and I agree. I respect the man as he's obviously incredibly talented but I don't have much replay value on his last two albums.

damn definitely had strong replay value. I need to give this new one a better shot but so far its just not hitting like I wanted it to
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Ambient Johnny

• Rep: -14
So does Kendrick actually write or play any of the music, or is writing lyrics all he does?

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 50
  • energy vampire
I like the new Kendrick more than DAMN, but nowhere as much as I liked Good Kid Maad City or To Pimp a Butterfly.

I might like the new Black Star record more than Kendrick's, but I've also been listening to Mos and Talib for a lot longer.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
I like the song where him and the girl are just saying fuck you to each other for 5 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDjNLIN_gXs

Weededed

• Rep: 198
  • I never needed it..
Expand Quote
I like the song where him and the girl are just saying fuck you to each other for 5 minutes
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDjNLIN_gXs

Would gnar.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Expand Quote
those skate clips were pretty badly used
yes Kendrick is overrated
even though I love his stuff
he'll probably never top Good Kid Maad City in my eyes
his last albums are just super super serious

controversial opinion: musically Kanye>Kendrick by far
Politics is affecting the way we judge artists way too much
[close]
Kanye definitely has the better output, at least up to Yeezus. I wouldn’t care much about politics in his music if Kanye weren’t trying to push politics. Coming out as a Trumper made me realize I had badly overestimated how smart that dude is. It’s my fault though too- stealing jokes from Happy Gilmore should have made it obvious the dude is an airhead.

OTOH Lil Wayne saying he’d vote for Trump was like - ok whatever that dudes always been fried. Still enjoy his music.

but does he? I've never heard him talk politics on a song....so maybe I missed something? as far as I know, it's always social media / hollywood shit where he lets his foolishness free rein and I don't follow that stuff.

->Ambient Jonny: nah Kendrick does not produce his music, which is why I find him overrated....especially compared to a guy like Kanye who's produced litterally hundreds of bangers for other artists, on top of his solo career.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Kanye definitely has the better output, at least up to Yeezus. I wouldn’t care much about politics in his music if Kanye weren’t trying to push politics. Coming out as a Trumper made me realize I had badly overestimated how smart that dude is. It’s my fault though too- stealing jokes from Happy Gilmore should have made it obvious the dude is an airhead.

OTOH Lil Wayne saying he’d vote for Trump was like - ok whatever that dudes always been fried. Still enjoy his music.
[close]

but does he? I've never heard him talk politics on a song....so maybe I missed something? as far as I know, it's always social media / hollywood shit where he lets his foolishness free rein and I don't follow that stuff.

->Ambient Jonny: nah Kendrick does not produce his music, which is why I find him overrated....especially compared to a guy like Kanye who's produced litterally hundreds of bangers for other artists, on top of his solo career.
From the beginning he’s tried to have us believe he’s making clever social commentary. Now that he’s a Trumper it just sounds like rants from a confused dumbass.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

kanye is an amazing producer but I don't think there's a rapper in history that's leaned on other people specifically for writing more than Kanye.

potpie

• Rep: 30
Get Top on the phone!!!

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve been saying that people don’t understand his message and the production masks it. Happens every other album. The majority of the population who likes hip hop causally loved GKMC hated to pimp a butterfly but loved damn and now hate this. When ever he uses “banger” beats to emphasize a vibe or feeling people neglect what he’s saying but love the music . When he does something more in that neo jazz style people hate it.Z
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
I’m still mad he ruined the Superbowl halftime show…could have picked a much better song.

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Album is amazing. LMAO at the "politics" camp of fools criticising his shit because he actually says some relevant things go back to pumping Migos you dumbasses

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
But yeah those skate clips were a bit embarrassing ...

Weededed

• Rep: 198
  • I never needed it..
I'll just leave this here:

https://youtu.be/LXbh4Q3LBvI

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
who doesn’t like migos bro
nobody’s trying to listen to all 18 hours of the culture trilogy