Author Topic: NB Numeric 808 Promo  (Read 5337 times)

leftwrightcenter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: NB Numeric 808 Promo
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2022, 08:54:29 AM »
I posted this in Shoes and Gear, but if anyone missed it, I interviewed NB# designer Jeff Mikut about the shoe. If anyone was interested to learn some of the tech details of the 808, he discusses them in-depth here. Another cool thing is that we can expect to see new footage drop with each colourway in the coming months.

https://www.flatspot.com/blogs/blog/in-conversation-with-jeff-mikut-on-the-nm808

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2022, 10:24:14 AM »
That thing is hideous

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2022, 01:35:47 PM »
I posted this in Shoes and Gear, but if anyone missed it, I interviewed NB# designer Jeff Mikut about the shoe. If anyone was interested to learn some of the tech details of the 808, he discusses them in-depth here. Another cool thing is that we can expect to see new footage drop with each colourway in the coming months.

https://www.flatspot.com/blogs/blog/in-conversation-with-jeff-mikut-on-the-nm808

Thats was a good one, Thanks.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2022, 01:38:45 PM »

@flatspotUK been enjoying these interviews.   Keep it up!

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2022, 11:11:04 AM »
This was sick.  Impressive ad.

https://youtu.be/IcyKxIGbX9A

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2022, 11:27:14 AM »
This was sick.  Impressive ad.

https://youtu.be/IcyKxIGbX9A

Thanks for posting! Nollie 180 nosegrind was too sick.. I hope they put all the promos into one clip once they’re done. Tiago is so sick.

Love pretty much any behind-the-scenes interview we can get and this was excellent. Mikut is a rad dude. Cheers!

Tabletop

• Rep: -74
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2022, 12:10:03 PM »

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 91
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2022, 08:58:08 AM »
Brown/Gum promo is up! Nothing but NY spots, can't get any better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5WT5f7NtdA
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

ginzberg

• Rep: 20
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2022, 09:55:39 AM »
Am I tripping or did the brown/gum model have a different toe-cap than the release model? There's a closeup after the fakie bs 5-0 shuv on the out ledge.

Update: I'm tripping. The medial side of the shoe doesn't have the shark fin on the toe-cap, but the lateral side does. That one clip after the fakie bs 5-0 shuv is the medial side, but because of the angle it's a bit ambiguous. There's another shot after the sw bs 180 over the barrier where you can clearly see him kick his board and the lateral side.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 10:10:56 AM by ginzberg »

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2022, 11:31:20 AM »
definitely considering copping

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2022, 02:51:53 PM »
I don't really understand why NB is doing these promo videos instead of a full part. Wasn't he unable to come to the US during the promo of the 1010 so his only NB part is shot in Brazil? Nothing against those spots.. it's just I kind of expected a huge bang you over the head part with NB type editing and worldwide spots for this 2nd shoe.

Always excited for new Tiago footage so I am grateful for what has come out already. I'm more so just commenting on this release and it just seems sub-par to the 1010 release

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2022, 03:52:03 PM »
I don't really understand why NB is doing these promo videos instead of a full part. Wasn't he unable to come to the US during the promo of the 1010 so his only NB part is shot in Brazil? Nothing against those spots.. it's just I kind of expected a huge bang you over the head part with NB type editing and worldwide spots for this 2nd shoe.

Always excited for new Tiago footage so I am grateful for what has come out already. I'm more so just commenting on this release and it just seems sub-par to the 1010 release

It's probably because they want to put out the various colorways over an extended period of time and because people's attention spans are so short these days, so Tiago and his shoe can stay fresh in people's mind throughout the year or whatever. Also that way they can organize the footage by location which is cool in my opinion. Tiago doesn't have to feel like he has to film a whole part, he can just go to a city and think "ok, I only have to film like 30 seconds of footage while I'm here"

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2022, 08:29:24 PM »
The NYC footy was some of his best in years. Heavy.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2022, 09:03:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's probably because they want to put out the various colorways over an extended period of time and because people's attention spans are so short these days, so Tiago and his shoe can stay fresh in people's mind throughout the year or whatever. Also that way they can organize the footage by location which is cool in my opinion. Tiago doesn't have to feel like he has to film a whole part, he can just go to a city and think "ok, I only have to film like 30 seconds of footage while I'm here"

That certainly makes sense. Although I would argue splitting his footage up makes it less memorable and harder to find in the future for me personally