Author Topic: Quasi?  (Read 41922 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
Re: Quasi?
« Reply #390 on: November 21, 2023, 07:25:28 AM »
short tails, with ventures, for me, are good for my pop.

folks have absolutely gone in on wheelbase ‘science’, but much less has been talked about with noses and tails, as far as i know.

the short tail feels like home/baseline, to me. until i try and ollie going fast with bigger wheels, then stuff gets a little way too rowdy.

sadnocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #391 on: November 21, 2023, 05:21:15 PM »
Wish the quasi 8.125 was like 31.6-31.8 length with longer tail and nose. Would be my perfect shape.

Has anyone here who has had the 8.125 had a newer BBS one or just the old PS 8.125? Curious if the newer 8.125 are just steeper kicks and same dimensions. That would be a bummer.

Hell they need to make the 8.125 at least 31.5, 31.3 is just crazy short with that baby tail as mentioned

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #392 on: November 21, 2023, 07:35:06 PM »
Wish the quasi 8.125 was like 31.6-31.8 length with longer tail and nose. Would be my perfect shape.

Has anyone here who has had the 8.125 had a newer BBS one or just the old PS 8.125? Curious if the newer 8.125 are just steeper kicks and same dimensions. That would be a bummer.

Hell they need to make the 8.125 at least 31.5, 31.3 is just crazy short with that baby tail as mentioned

respectfully, there are options with the dimensions you seek.
what makes that particular board interesting to me, is firstly the overall length. it’s a feature.

crail has some options on the 31.5 ish range.

there was a nyjah shape that people responded well too, might be a good place to look. i think it’s close to what you are looking for

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 90
« Reply #393 on: March 13, 2024, 09:17:13 AM »
Are quasi decks heavy as sh?

Started skating one after a little hiatus and somethings off. Not sure if it’s me or the deck.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #394 on: March 13, 2024, 11:50:04 AM »

Started skating one after a little hiatus and somethings off. Not sure if it’s me or the deck.

What were you on before?

Is it a BBS quasi?

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #395 on: March 13, 2024, 12:16:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What were you on before?

Is it a BBS quasi?

Bbs makes quasi too? I don’t know!

I was skating chocolate / girl for 8 months straight.

But I had a Pizza deck two years ago and it was great and I though quasi comes close.

It’s the proto one

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #396 on: March 13, 2024, 12:18:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What were you on before?

Is it a BBS quasi?
[close]

Bbs makes quasi too? I don’t know!

I was skating chocolate / girl for 8 months straight.

But I had a Pizza deck two years ago and it was great and I though quasi comes close.

It’s the proto one

Sometimes they are BBS...I know the Twin Tails are (what I was skating).

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #397 on: March 13, 2024, 12:23:55 PM »

you probably have to get used to the shape. I also was having issues for quite some time (still do to be honest). Its a mix of different length, wheelbase, etc. The timing of everything is quite different from a crail board

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #398 on: March 13, 2024, 02:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you probably have to get used to the shape. I also was having issues for quite some time (still do to be honest). Its a mix of different length, wheelbase, etc. The timing of everything is quite different from a crail board

My Ollies feel off. I never had any deck thsh i felt strange when popping an ollie. It’s crazy.

I‘ll give it another week. After that I have to say I’m done with it. I don’t really get it. Like I said : Pizza decks were awesome and I thought this might feel the same

thespacewolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #399 on: March 13, 2024, 02:31:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My Ollies feel off. I never had any deck thsh i felt strange when popping an ollie. It’s crazy.

I‘ll give it another week. After that I have to say I’m done with it. I don’t really get it. Like I said : Pizza decks were awesome and I thought this might feel the same
Maybe its the wheelbase change?

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #400 on: March 13, 2024, 02:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

its definitely the wheelbase change

ugh I remember my frustration when I first started buying Quasis from Chocolates. It is truly frustrating, and I started trying  out Aces at the same time

What trucks do you have on it? You mentioned ollies being off and this is random, but try a few ollies with your front foot just below the bolts and let us know how that feels

Setups are bizarre and will bring the madness

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #401 on: March 14, 2024, 02:08:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

ugh I remember my frustration when I first started buying Quasis from Chocolates. It is truly frustrating, and I started trying  out Aces at the same time

What trucks do you have on it? You mentioned ollies being off and this is random, but try a few ollies with your front foot just below the bolts and let us know how that feels

Venturers! The ones with only the baseplate hollow.

The wheelbase. Interesting. I remember Ollie’s didn’t feel right when I started the crailtap decks from Alien Decks.
But now it’s special bad. Let’s see how this goes after the next days.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #402 on: March 14, 2024, 04:08:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

The wheelbase. Interesting. I remember Ollie’s didn’t feel right when I started the crailtap decks from Alien Decks.

It seems all the Proto boards are PS Stix, according to their own site, which lists where the boards come from.

https://quasiskateboards.com/search?type=product&q=proto

As far as different woodshops, yes going from Crail to PS Stix, or even coming from BBS (Alien Workshop) or other woodshops, can more often than not be quite frustrating for some people.  Some guys I skate with seem to get along with any and every board they ride, more often than not saying they just take a little while to get used to the different shape or whatever, but I am more the type of person that finds something that works and sticks to it, so riding something different is just going to be a pain and I don't want to get used to different boards when I know I was on something that works.

That said, it is up to you whether or not you want to try to get used to it, ease into it more so than go crazy that things are not working as you used to do on other boards, or just be done with it and move on.

The fingers of flat and the different kick length, angle, shape of the concave and all that really do play a lot more into what you are experiencing than anything else, but as someone else said, try putting your back foot more in the pocket, down closer to the bolts to pop, rather than on the end of the kick and you might be surprised that once you get more used to the board, then you can start moving your back foot further back up the board as usual.  I had tried this on a couple of weird feeling boards and hot damn it worked, so it is worth a try.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #403 on: March 14, 2024, 08:18:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I'm skating a BBS made quasi with forged hollow Indy's and it feels amazing. I have skated quasi with venture and never really felt like it was a struggle. Definitely made the board feel heavier in comparison tho. Just keep skating it and play around with different foot placements and you will get used to it.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #404 on: March 15, 2024, 02:01:27 AM »
I will. I mean with pizza and alien decks it worked great. Maybe I will get used to it.

elva

• Rep: 4
« Reply #405 on: March 16, 2024, 05:39:44 AM »
I will. I mean with pizza and alien decks it worked great. Maybe I will get used to it.

Out of curiosity, what Alien shape did you ride? How did it compare to Pizza?