Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 59495 times)

goldfishboot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 144
she still took home almost 3 grand

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdqeekVMFBo/

check the tags, too. the comments are mostly pretty great but there's some real stinkers obv

EDIT: broken?

https://imgur.com/a/anGstuK

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Excited to see what an absolute car crash this thread becomes within the hour.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Not just happening in skating, happening across the board with a lot of competitive sports. It is kinda unfair since people/genders are built differently naturally, thus why we have women's and mens sports separately. Of course there is the rare exception but I’m sure every one will be offended I said that.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
I’m guessing she thinks the trans skaters have physical advantages? No one’s stopping her from taking testosterone or HGH and getting absolutely jacked to crush the competition

sharkjumper

• Rep: 39
How to lose some sponsors and stop getting invited to contests.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
just have an open category. We always had those in surf contests. EZ problem to solve
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Where's all the contest skaters telling me how contest skateboarding was creating a more welcoming environment compared to street skating :o

I like street skateboarding where this shit isn't even a concern. Are you having fun? Are you cool? Awesome. Keep doing it.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
just have an open category. We always had those in surf contests. EZ problem to solve
Or Tampa. This woman is gonna tank her career over losing a contest, which no one should care about anyway, contests are dumb.

Edit- I take it back, this is a smart career move. She’s 27 so obviously going nowhere in skateboarding if this is first I’ve heard of her. But she’s not too old to start selling books to bigots.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 94
contest skaters lol

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1137
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
oh hell

roastbeef

• Rep: -47
lmao she tagged ben shapiro

and candace owens and that trans woman Blair White who seems to be friends with Alex Jones. GTFO

Logic

• Rep: 35
Not just happening in skating, happening across the board with a lot of competitive sports. It is kinda unfair since people/genders are built differently naturally, thus why we have women's and mens sports separately. Of course there is the rare exception but I’m sure every one will be offended I said that.

Yeah, in my city there was a youth football team that had a trans somoan player, like we're talking about someone who was 6ft and bulky, would have proved to be a challenge even if they were playing on a mens team for their age group. Some people like to blabber on how sexes are equal and all that PC bullshit, but there are clear genetic differences that no amount of hormone therapy or w/e will ever be able to correct.

roastbeef

• Rep: -47
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, in my city there was a youth football team that had a trans somoan player, like we're talking about someone who was 6ft and bulky, would have proved to be a challenge even if they were playing on a mens team for their age group. Some people like to blabber on how sexes are equal and all that PC bullshit, but there are clear genetic differences that no amount of hormone therapy or w/e will ever be able to correct.

There are differences in the same sex too. Are we going to start letting a 5 foot person start saying a 6 foot guy is unfair because he can dunk? You play the hand you are dealt.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
Expand Quote
[close]

I am happy to hear your story because fuck football so anything that makes people hate it is good. I don’t want my taxes going to that shit.

assvogel

• Rep: 194
There's so many levels of kookness in her post I just cant... whining about coming second in a skate competition "because I should have won"... even that would have been strike one. Add in transfobia, that's already two. But tagging the biggest alt-right/conservative assholes with "please share my story", yeah, you are out.

Yeah skateboarding is for everyone, but you're not invited anymore, sorry.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

There are differences in the same sex too. Are we going to start letting a 5 foot person start saying a 6 foot guy is unfair because he can dunk? You play the hand you are dealt.

This is pretty dumb. Do they not have separate mens and womens events at every contest including the Olympics? I wonder why they don’t just have a free for all and whoever wins it wins it. I wonder how many people would say that’s unfair.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

boi-cuzudo

lol she sour she lost

Logic

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Of course, but if you had a sample of say 5,000 women and men and ran statistics for physicality (height/muscle-density/weight for example) there would be a clear significant difference between the sexes.
Anywho, I don't really care enough to get too far into this.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
Get better at skating, Taylor.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
If they were both in the same video rather than competing against one another there wouldn't be a fucking problem.  We could just watch both parts and be like, "that was cool," give everyone a high-5, and fucking move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFz8Vnd7F4

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

scary

• Rep: -7
Nora would have bodied that contest regardless of gender, blaming trans people because you fucking suck at skating is insane. She is 27 and still slappies her boardslides and counts dropping in and carving 3 feet below coping as a clip. Its not about gender its about her being a hateful piece of shit. Theres plenty of dudes who suck at skateboarding and theres plenty of women who rip, other than slight difference in vertical jump height theres no observable factors into why a woman and a man couldn’t skate to the same ability both being placed in healthy environments for the same amount of time.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
You guys can’t deny men are superior in skateboarding. Show me a woman that can pop her kick flips like Christian Maalouf or can Ollie like Reese Forbes. You can support the LGBTQIA+ movement while agreeing that there are differences between men and women. Just look at the Olympic scoring for skating. Ask Leo Baker to compete with the actual men at Tampa and we’ll see what’s up. It’s funny that we smashed the patriarchy by allowing men to dominate every single sport, including skateboarding. You know how disrespectful it is to someone like Elisa this crap is?

I guarantee Alexis has a better kickflip than you.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 82
  • What the fuck was that
Women were kept out of skateboarding for years because guys didn't want to share, wonder if skating had been accepting in the 80s and 90s if we wouldn't see women at the level you're describing. *yes I know women have always skated but you know what I mean.

You guys can’t deny men are superior in skateboarding. Show me a woman that can pop her kick flips like Christian Maalouf or can Ollie like Reese Forbes. You can support the LGBTQIA+ movement while agreeing that there are differences between men and women. Just look at the Olympic scoring for skating. Ask Leo Baker to compete with the actual men at Tampa and we’ll see what’s up. It’s funny that we smashed the patriarchy by allowing men to dominate every single sport, including skateboarding. You know how disrespectful it is to someone like Elisa this crap is?
Cocteau Twins

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
Alexis? Sablone? Oh yeah, she’d fuck my shit up. But anyway.

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
lol she sour she lost

Like 6 months after the fact. Her self importance is pretty glaring.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Expand Quote
[close]

that isn't true btw
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Logic

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

that isn't true btw

Perhaps it will eventually get to the point where such transitions are able to able to mimic the average male/female right down to the genome, I may very well be wrong there. But as far as I am aware, it's not yet at that point, but I'm open to being proven wrong.