Author Topic: Curren already of Skate Mental?  (Read 7181 times)

TheLowerBack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
Re: Curren already of Skate Mental?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2022, 07:59:17 AM »
I had no idea he is/was on SM, still thought he was on Flip. Or I guess I never really think about him
Never really cared for the kid, But I’ve seen a few IG clips of his that I really enjoyed. Made me wonder if he’s becoming a “cool” skater and going to a “cool” company.

MR102889

• Rep: 30
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2022, 08:24:18 AM »
Expand Quote
I just saw that they are flowing Kellen James boards. When did he get off Skatemafia?
[close]
Important question.

Kellen quit Sk8mafia a bit over a year ago. He just never announced it.

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2022, 10:09:34 AM »
Sorry to take if off topic but who does Sk8mafia even have anymore besides kremer and ramirez?

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2022, 10:12:08 AM »
Sorry to take if off topic but who does Sk8mafia even have anymore besides kremer and ramirez?

Brandon Turner and Jimmy Cao

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2022, 10:25:13 AM »
i really hope not his signature egg shapes is nice

Would be funny though to see FA making an egg board.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2022, 10:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also Alex Willms

Magnolia

• Rep: 412
  • She/They
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2022, 10:32:33 AM »
How the fuck is Skatemental still in business??
My aunt got me a skatemental shirt for Christmas 12 years ago, that might have helped
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2022, 10:34:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Also Alex Willms
Jamie Palmore, Tyler Surrey

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2022, 10:38:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's a Nike SB brand, probably also the reason why Curren doesn't tag them on IG.. I guess
So Nike pays them to stay in biz? Does Brad have to pay the non-nike guys out of his pocket? How would this benefit nike? Because SM is so visible and influential in the skate scene? I guess I'll have to wait for the stockholder meeting to ask all of my Q's.
Free Charlie Rambo

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2022, 11:19:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It's a Nike SB brand, probably also the reason why Curren doesn't tag them on IG.. I guess
[close]
So Nike pays them to stay in biz? Does Brad have to pay the non-nike guys out of his pocket? How would this benefit nike? Because SM is so visible and influential in the skate scene? I guess I'll have to wait for the stockholder meeting to ask all of my Q's.

It’s a dumb rumor that refuses to die and will resurface any time a Nike rider starts their own board company.

If anything Toy Machine is more of a Nike company with Sinclair seeding the team with wayward Nike skaters that don’t fit the brand

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2022, 01:43:44 PM »
I’m happy for Mason on Real. It would be cool for a new board company with Louie, Curren, Mason, Jake Anderson, Nicole Hause and Nora.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2022, 02:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

It’s a dumb rumor that refuses to die and will resurface any time a Nike rider starts their own board company.

If anything Toy Machine is more of a Nike company with Sinclair seeding the team with wayward Nike skaters that don’t fit the brand

Who on Toy is on Nike other than Daiki and Dashawn? For the most part, I feel a majority of the team are on Vans and Emerica.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2022, 03:14:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Who on Toy is on Nike other than Daiki and Dashawn? For the most part, I feel a majority of the team are on Vans and Emerica.

Well I forgot Blake just left, but didn’t the last vid have a bunch of kids and a couple female skaters sponsored by Nike that have never been promoted in ads or anything like that?

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2022, 05:11:34 PM »
Between the Nate Broussard/John Motta era, the Alien vs. Predator graphic, and all of Stabas weird gay jokes I don't understand how Curren slipped into the mix. Also Antonio Durao can't be that desperate for boards.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2022, 10:18:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My aunt got me a skatemental shirt for Christmas 12 years ago, that might have helped

Aunt Tammy?
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2022, 10:26:08 AM »
Between the Nate Broussard/John Motta era, the Alien vs. Predator graphic, and all of Stabas weird gay jokes I don't understand how Curren slipped into the mix. Also Antonio Durao can't be that desperate for boards.

Listen to his bunt interview.

Him and Jake Anderson were bored on a couch one day, Mike Anderson tells them "what the fuck are you guys doing with no board sponsor, call Staba" Jake called Staba and asked to be on again with Curren and here we are.

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2022, 10:57:25 AM »
Curren / Jake / Louie / Austyn / Mason / Sammy Montano

Former should have started making boards a long time ago.

Fuck Staba and Koston

LebowskisRug

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2022, 12:17:32 PM »
I've seen a Skate Mental in a local shop a few times, but it's always the worst graphic and only ones in the wild were local cool guys/Staba friends. I think they sell fairly well at Vans, Zumiez, and similar shops.

Dusty

• Rep: -4
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2022, 12:22:33 PM »
Kinda crazy that Matt Beach and Reese Forbes used to be on. Is Am Chowder the only video Skate Mental ever did?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2022, 12:40:05 PM »
on the heart supply, confirmed by xenu.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2022, 01:28:29 PM »
Austyn in interviews has left a bad taste lately, but Slow Dance or whatever they were gonna do would have been pretty epic.
The chillest1

work_lurker

• Rep: 62
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2022, 01:36:07 PM »
Austyn in interviews has left a bad taste lately, but Slow Dance or whatever they were gonna do would have been pretty epic.

“I have great ideas and my aesthetic is unique to me and definitely not a contrived image of the sponsors I’ve held over the years... *cough-habitat*..*cough-huf*..”
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2022, 01:54:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

“I have great ideas and my aesthetic is unique to me and definitely not a contrived image of the sponsors I’ve held over the years... *cough-habitat*..*cough-huf*..”

Not sure if you're joking or not because his aesthetic really doesn't fit Habitat at all and whatever projects he was going to do would've been in a completely different vein

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -5
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2022, 02:15:40 PM »
Do you reckon any skaters have employed a stylist.

work_lurker

• Rep: 62
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2022, 02:17:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not sure if you're joking or not because his aesthetic really doesn't fit Habitat at all and whatever projects he was going to do would've been in a completely different vein
[close]

Agreed, Former's aesthetic, as basic as it is, is actually really original and suprisingly unique in skateboarding. Not a lot of brands have melded the worlds of surf and skate so tastefully, nor have succeeded with so little branding. Curren on Former would have been a no brainer and would probably throttle them into the mainstream.

I hope this new Curren part is for Vans, not Staba

I respect your opinions, but they’re wrong.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Free Max B
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2022, 04:12:47 PM »
Currens bunt interview covered all this. I think. Dude was just skating blanks (deluxe I’m assuming, *insert Jim T Is responsible for the deforestation of the Amazon jokes*) for close to like 2 years or something before people realized he was off flip.

Sounds like Funeral Home or whatever not happening, worked out in his favor, bc there’s no way he was getting on that shit. Unless dill was gonna pull some weird shit and pretend he fucks with curren because his dads an old surfing cokeguy.

Antonio being on skate mental makes no sense. Him not being on any brands that actually pay him (Nike?) is fucked up. Dude is motherfuckedup, shit he’s doing don’t even make sense.

Free max b

Free max b
FREE MAX B