Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 59924 times)

The Titular sk8r boi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Based on some of the posts within this thread (I refuse to read 13 pages of this shit) some of you think that a trans woman competing against a female is fair play. I understand that this chick is a kook and I know she went about this situation with absolutely no grace. Regardless, I believe that it is unfair for somebody with the physical advantages of a man to compete against a woman.
[close]

thanks for your input, captain dipshit. Really shaking the landscape of these 13 pages
[close]

Great way to change someone's opinion. Dipshit.

why would anyone bother teaching someone who has specifically said they have no interest in learning?

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Based on some of the posts within this thread (I refuse to read 13 pages of this shit) some of you think that a trans woman competing against a female is fair play. I understand that this chick is a kook and I know she went about this situation with absolutely no grace. Regardless, I believe that it is unfair for somebody with the physical advantages of a man to compete against a woman.
[close]

thanks for your input, captain dipshit. Really shaking the landscape of these 13 pages
[close]

[close]

I wasn't trying to change their opinion. I was insulting them. Do you need me to color a picture for you to understand?

Fair enough. This is whole thread is a shit show. Cheers.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093

Damn dude. Burst this debate wiiiddddeeee open with this scorcher! Thanks for chiming in, a lot to think about!!!!
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You seem to under the impression that this is a high school debate class. In the real world, No one gives a shit about your fucking ad hominem.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ad Hum on Deez Nuts you fucking bozo.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
the gender and sex binary (as opposed to a fluid spectrum, for example) have been debunked both scientifically and philosophically, hence why ppl that keep bringing up the “irrefutable differences” between the “two genders/sexes” are getting called transphobic.

*WARNING* dweeb mode activated:

Scientifically, we now know through medical science that there are more options out there than XX and XY for our 23rd pair of chromosomes, and this is normal. Additionally, our cognitive behavior is not rigidly related to our sex at birth either, so bc of this, trying to assign a gender binary to a non-binary sexual spectrum leads to immediate failure (or contradiction).

When it comes to physical prowess, creating arbitrary  pseudoscientific delineators of sex/gender performance have harmed the women’s liberation movement too, with the example of cis women with naturally high testosterone levels being prohibited from participating in certain high-level track and field events.

Yet the path of transition is a grueling one physically, emotionally, and socially. You CAN’T just wake up one day and “decide to put on a dress” and compete in women’s division—it takes a huge toll, not only bc of transition hormone therapy, which I’d argue diminishes your athletic ability. Under patriarchy, heteronormativity, and bio absolutism, a trans person’s existence is illegitimate. If anything, I would personally opine that, even besides the physical limitations that hormone therapy ensues, the social reality of living while trans is handicap enough for ppl to suggest they have an advantage or it should be “separate but equal” and then get mad at being called “transphobe”

Philosophically, not all opinions are equally true. Mao spoke in this sense of “contradictions” that could become antagonistic if those opinions could not coexist. In his Marxist-Leninist train of thought, he saw the main antagonist of the oppressed as the bourgeoisie, with the main antagonistic contradiction being class struggle and exploitation of the proletariat/peasant’s production power for accumulation of capital. Antagonistic contradictions NEED to be assessed empirically (material evidence, which shapes consciousness) to determine the better or truer one.

If we apply this framework to sex & gender absolutists’ opinions, it’s saying these ppl think there is a biological contradiction between cis women and trans women that is antagonistic and cannot coexist to achieve “women’s” freedom. However, women are not a monolith and there are plenty non-antagonistic contradictions in their lived realities, yet the unwavering contradiction to women’s liberation is the patriarchy (hand in hand with imperialism-capitalism) where the latter group will never benefit from the former’s liberation, hence collaboration is untenable. On the other hand, when ciswomen and transwomen recognize they have the same oppressor, it should become immediately clear that this contradiction is not antagonistic, as both cis and trans women will benefit from women’s liberation even if the specifics are different.

for more info, go to: https://proletarianfeministresearchgroup.wordpress.com/

TL;DR: cis women and trans women are different, but they share a common oppressor and common goal, hence biological absolutism (women are born not made) goes against the feminist objective of liberation from patriarchy, and really only serves the oppressor. The Zionist-TERF internet lady is not a feminist, and neither are those defending her, she’s just being a narcissistic and hypocritical opportunist.

edit: typo of “peasant” as “lease at”
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 12:12:42 PM by weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

AnotherOldSkater

• Rep: -23

TL;DR:  taylor is a zionist kook and tim pool is bald

If you're going to call someone out for being anti-trans, maybe don't use anti-Semitic slurs

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
Expand Quote

[close]

If you're going to call someone out for being anti-trans, maybe don't use anti-Semitic slurs

Zionism is a political project. It's not anti Semitic to criticize an ethno-nationalist project that has been operating an apartheid state for decades

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
It's so weird that she seems to be in it just for the money, no passion, no soul, no style, nothing.
She should be happy, that she made that much money with her "skills" and she is in absolutely no position to dictate who can or can't enter a competition.
As much as I hate energy drinks, I am team Red Bull in this particular case. And it's pretty rad to see Nora, Chris and Ryan Lay say something. For some reason, I never liked Chris but now I am a big fan. "Get bitter or get better."

Get over to the post you skating thread and see some shredding from the pals.
IG: @flowterspace

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Zionism is a political project. It's not anti Semitic to criticize an ethno-nationalist project that has been operating an apartheid state for decades

Dale Sr. is absolutely correct. And Tim Pool is a bald rollerblader is probably more accurate.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 771
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Intellectual dishonesty seems to be progressive with most people replying in this thread. Is the next phase of this race?
White guy is now identifying as an Asian woman applying for a job at google. If people are afraid to say a man cannot have a baby, where does it end?
[close]

Cool slippery slope
[close]
I triple dog dare you to humor him and answer the question.

Not sure if you’re serious or realize how bad/dumb the question is.

nothing's been the since same

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
It's so weird that she seems to be in it just for the money, no passion, no soul, no style, nothing.
She should be happy, that she made that much money with her "skills" and she is in absolutely no position to dictate who can or can't enter a competition.
As much as I hate energy drinks, I am team Red Bull in this particular case. And it's pretty rad to see Nora, Chris and Ryan Lay say something. For some reason, I never liked Chris but now I am a big fan. "Get bitter or get better."

Get over to the post you skating thread and see some shredding from the pals.
Maybe tagging Ben Shapiro is an attempt to leverage herself as some sort of XtReMe sPoRtZ version of Kaitlin Bennett on social media or something.  If it's money she's after, god knows it's there.  Plus lack of a soul is a pre-requisite.

Get hungry on it!

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just put myself in the 1st place winners shoes and I am gutted.  I wish I had started with that.  I 100% support her and her peers.  I am one of those rational/logical people that wants everything to be zeroes and ones and I approached this topic with a dictionary.  When I took an emotional peek at not only the topic but also the person(s) involved, it made me sad about my position here.

I did quickly edit out my congratulations to Taylor but some folks picked up on it.

Congratulations to the person who was judged 1st place by the people at the actual event.  I just went to find that person’s name but evidently Taylor Silverman has been put in 1st place and there is only a 2nd placer, no 3rd.

I apologize, sincerely, if my statements offended anyone; I have been dealing with my own gender biases since my little sister came out as lesbian, ultimately becoming a trans man, and over literally decades I have been uncovering my own prejudices, bigotry, and frankly my complete lack of understanding.  I feel enlightened by this discussion and I feel like my mind is a little more open at least.
[close]

You literally posted the dictionary definition of a women in response to others. I don’t care about your story, it doesn’t mean your transphobic remarks just wash away. Fuck off
[close]

Come on, dude. Scorching people who are legitimately trying and are willing to put it out there in the spirit of getting somewhere on all this ?
[close]

Oh sorry, next time I’ll bring out the red carpet.
[close]

God damn dude, your reaction would be warranted if he dug his heels in and said nothing and didn’t express the desire to learn and change.

All that you are accomplishing by throwing a shit fit like this is trying to make yourself look and feel superior by dunking on someone who has expressly admitted they were wrong and wants to improve.

Not to mention, a member of the trans community has recognized that he is willing to change and learn; as well as commended his response and seen he has taken this lesson to heart.

Stop making this issue about yourself, and see it for what it is: an opportunity where someone who needed education was receptive to it. That’s a small W in this massive trainwreck.

Yes, telling someone to fuck off for saying transphobic shit is making it about me. Like I said next time I’ll bring out the red carpet. I’m happy he’s willing to change but I don’t have to fucking root for him.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Magnolia

• Rep: 441
  • She/They
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just put myself in the 1st place winners shoes and I am gutted.  I wish I had started with that.  I 100% support her and her peers.  I am one of those rational/logical people that wants everything to be zeroes and ones and I approached this topic with a dictionary.  When I took an emotional peek at not only the topic but also the person(s) involved, it made me sad about my position here.

I did quickly edit out my congratulations to Taylor but some folks picked up on it.

Congratulations to the person who was judged 1st place by the people at the actual event.  I just went to find that person’s name but evidently Taylor Silverman has been put in 1st place and there is only a 2nd placer, no 3rd.

I apologize, sincerely, if my statements offended anyone; I have been dealing with my own gender biases since my little sister came out as lesbian, ultimately becoming a trans man, and over literally decades I have been uncovering my own prejudices, bigotry, and frankly my complete lack of understanding.  I feel enlightened by this discussion and I feel like my mind is a little more open at least.
[close]

You literally posted the dictionary definition of a women in response to others. I don’t care about your story, it doesn’t mean your transphobic remarks just wash away. Fuck off
[close]

Come on, dude. Scorching people who are legitimately trying and are willing to put it out there in the spirit of getting somewhere on all this ?
[close]

[close]

God damn dude, your reaction would be warranted if he dug his heels in and said nothing and didn’t express the desire to learn and change.

All that you are accomplishing by throwing a shit fit like this is trying to make yourself look and feel superior by dunking on someone who has expressly admitted they were wrong and wants to improve.

Not to mention, a member of the trans community has recognized that he is willing to change and learn; as well as commended his response and seen he has taken this lesson to heart.

Stop making this issue about yourself, and see it for what it is: an opportunity where someone who needed education was receptive to it. That’s a small W in this massive trainwreck.
I cant speak for all trans people of course, but I personally felt that frenzy was really giving this some thought
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dale Sr. is absolutely correct. And Tim Pool is a bald rollerblader is probably more accurate.

Okay but all the bald-shaming stuff kinda sucks.
  - A bald doofus.

Magnolia

• Rep: 441
  • She/They
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Intellectual dishonesty seems to be progressive with most people replying in this thread. Is the next phase of this race?
White guy is now identifying as an Asian woman applying for a job at google. If people are afraid to say a man cannot have a baby, where does it end?
[close]

Cool slippery slope
[close]
I triple dog dare you to humor him and answer the question.
[close]

I know a bunch of men with babies. They're called fathers. Pretty cool people. I got one myself actually. I recommend them.
[close]
I understand a biological man can get a biological woman pregnant. If you can push a baby out of your biological man pee hole then you can brag about it and not be labeled transphobic. Maybe this visualization will help you.
Visualize logging off
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes, telling someone to fuck off for saying transphobic shit is making it about me. Like I said next time I’ll bring out the red carpet. I’m happy he’s willing to change but I don’t have to fucking root for him.

You could also just shut up.

Spectre

• Rep: -40
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Okay but all the bald-shaming stuff kinda sucks.
  - A bald doofus.

Larry David says all bald men are his brothers so you have that. Pretty cool.

Spectre

• Rep: -40
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You should actually root for him. Isn't his willingness to improve exactly the what society needs in order for positive change to happen?

passtheish

• Rep: 6
the gender and sex binary (as opposed to a fluid spectrum, for example) have been debunked both scientifically and philosophically, hence why ppl that keep bringing up the “irrefutable differences” between the “two genders/sexes” are getting called transphobic.

*WARNING* dweeb mode activated:

Scientifically, we now know through medical science that there are more options out there than XX and XY for our 23rd pair of chromosomes, and this is normal. Additionally, our cognitive behavior is not rigidly related to our sex at birth either, so bc of this, trying to assign a gender binary to a non-binary sexual spectrum leads to immediate failure (or contradiction).

When it comes to physical prowess, creating arbitrary  pseudoscientific delineators of sex/gender performance have harmed the women’s liberation movement too, with the example of cis women with naturally high testosterone levels being prohibited from participating in certain high-level track and field events.

Yet the path of transition is a grueling one physically, emotionally, and socially. You CAN’T just wake up one day and “decide to put on a dress” and compete in women’s division—it takes a huge toll, not only bc of transition hormone therapy, which I’d argue diminishes your athletic ability. Under patriarchy, heteronormativity, and bio absolutism, a trans person’s existence is illegitimate. If anything, I would personally opine that, even besides the physical limitations that hormone therapy ensues, the social reality of living while trans is handicap enough for ppl to suggest they have an advantage or it should be “separate but equal” and then get mad at being called “transphobe”

Philosophically, not all opinions are equally true. Mao spoke in this sense of “contradictions” that could become antagonistic if those opinions could not coexist. In his Marxist-Leninist train of thought, he saw the main antagonist of the oppressed as the bourgeoisie, with the main antagonistic contradiction being class struggle and exploitation of the proletariat/peasant’s production power for accumulation of capital. Antagonistic contradictions NEED to be assessed empirically (material evidence, which shapes consciousness) to determine the better or truer one.

If we apply this framework to sex & gender absolutists’ opinions, it’s saying these ppl think there is a biological contradiction between cis women and trans women that is antagonistic and cannot coexist to achieve “women’s” freedom. However, women are not a monolith and there are plenty non-antagonistic contradictions in their lived realities, yet the unwavering contradiction to women’s liberation is the patriarchy (hand in hand with imperialism-capitalism) where the latter group will never benefit from the former’s liberation, hence collaboration is untenable. On the other hand, when ciswomen and transwomen recognize they have the same oppressor, it should become immediately clear that this contradiction is not antagonistic, as both cis and trans women will benefit from women’s liberation even if the specifics are different.

for more info, go to: https://proletarianfeministresearchgroup.wordpress.com/

TL;DR: cis women and trans women are different, but they share a common oppressor and common goal, hence biological absolutism (women are born not made) goes against the feminist objective of liberation from patriarchy, and really only serves the oppressor. The Zionist-TERF internet lady is not a feminist, and neither are those defending her, she’s just being a narcissistic and hypocritical opportunist.

edit: typo of “peasant” as “lease at”

AnotherOldSkater

• Rep: -23
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah you're right, referring to the only jewish nation in the world as an "ethno-nationalist project", which is common phrase used by anti-semites, definitely isn't anti-semitic. As i said before, maybe don't call people out for being hateful and bigoted by using hateful and bigoted expressions... just a thought

passtheish

• Rep: 6
Expand Quote

[close]

holy shit ever chud in here just keeps going mask off and showing how little they actually know about progressive issues and human rights

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]

As an anti-Zionist Jew, I assure you there’s nothing anti-Semitic about opposing the apartheid state of Israel. Equating Zionism with Jewishness is arguably inherently anti-Semitic, but that’s an uncharitable view and I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

The Titular sk8r boi

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
yeah you're right, referring to the only jewish nation in the world as an "ethno-nationalist project", which is common phrase used by anti-semites, definitely isn't anti-semitic. As i said before, maybe don't call people out for being hateful and bigoted by using hateful and bigoted expressions... just a thought
and a nice try at thinking! unfortunately, it's not for everyone

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s literally an ethno-nationalist project. This isn’t controversial and is a source of pride for many Zionists, including my own family. It’s also an explicit part of Israeli law.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 12:50:47 PM by manysnakes »

The Titular sk8r boi

this board is filled with a bunch of kooky redditors. for 1. actual girl who got 2nd is definitely a kook, but 2. a trans woman is exactly that, a trans woman. not an actual woman. never will be an actual woman. the end.  8)
"this board is filled with redditors" *says the most redditor shit possible*

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 268
  • often correct
this board is filled with a bunch of kooky redditors. for 1. actual girl who got 2nd is definitely a kook, but 2. a trans woman is exactly that, a trans woman. not an actual woman. never will be an actual woman. the end.  8)
damn dude! you gonna tell me to touch grass next? call me soy? make a joke about pronouns? maybe a "how dare you assume my gender!" jab since i used the word dude? there's no telling what this intellectual powerhouse has in store!

dofrenzy

You could also just shut up.

Personally, I give poopnutsupreme a pass because even though what I said wasn’t said with hate, it was hateful and hurtful.  The fact that they haven’t come through with another “fuck off” is enough for me to believe they will tolerate my existence and I am grateful for that, all things considered…..

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I am going to trademark "Sidewalk Surfin' Terf" and makes tens of dollars on stickers and merch.

goldfishboot

• Rep: 146
However you feel about this, one thing about skateboarding is we generally keep this shit in house , and have these discussion amongst ourselves. Corey Duffel N Word drama, Jason Jesse, Johan Stuckey, SF rape culture, etc. We kept that shit in house. Trying to reach out to right-wing outlets to bring unwarranted voices in the conversation from people who don’t know shit about skateboarding, don’t give a shit about skateboarding. and are arguing in bad faith is incredibly scummy behavior. This is shit that should get you permanently kooked in skateboarding, and any company that sponsors her after this should hold that L as well, but going by her shitty footage, I’m sure we don’t have to worry about her getting any legit sponsors.
to hammer this home, I was cursed by the algorithm on that post and my fairly innocuous (but clearly negative) comment toward Taylor ended up getting well over 1000 likes - for well over 24 hours after leaving that comment, I was getting comments from burner insta accounts on my personal page calling me a pedophile and a groomer and to kill myself. These aren't people worth talking to, obviously, but it's what happens when right wing freaks get involved. Thanks, Taylor. She might not keep competing, but she could get a book deal! I wish her the worst.