Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 59982 times)

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
Random thought- Rayssa Leal is the best woman contest street skater in the world , trans women included. So I don’t think being trans is a sure way to be the best.

Actually I can’t think of a single trans woman I’d put money on to win against the current group of women skaters. I’m sure someone will come along but it’s definitely not the case right now.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1225
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
imagine bitching about getting beat in a contest and then tagging ben shapiro 💀💀💀💀💀

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
Soooo are there any women in this thread or on this site who can offer their opinion?

It seems like a woman's opinion is a lot more important than a man's in this situation.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
She needs some wheelbite in the rain.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
Soooo are there any women in this thread or on this site who can offer their opinion?

It seems like a woman's opinion is a lot more important than a man's in this situation.

Sure, she should have tried harder and skated more if she wanted to win.

I peeped her Insta. Her style sucks, her trick selection is wack, and she has absolutely no pop. Makes me selfishly want to enter contests for money. But no, fuck that, that's wack.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

roastbeef

• Rep: -47
Random thought- Rayssa Leal is the best woman contest street skater in the world , trans women included. So I don’t think being trans is a sure way to be the best.

Actually I can’t think of a single trans woman I’d put money on to win against the current group of women skaters. I’m sure someone will come along but it’s definitely not the case right now.

/thread

This girl sucks at skating and is expecting to win contests. She wouldnt place in the top 20. Shes just a conservative looking for shit to cry about and to get the views.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
Expand Quote

[close]

I peeped her Insta. Her style sucks, her trick selection is wack, and she has absolutely no pop. Makes me selfishly want to enter contests for money. But no, fuck that, that's wack.

Right on, thanks for responding.

I think this is good. For a while there, women have been held to mediocre standards as far as skating goes. It's nice to see that start to change. Bad skating should not be encouraged like it has been in the past few years.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

GinosGroceries

Women were kept out of skateboarding for years because guys didn't want to share, wonder if skating had been accepting in the 80s and 90s if we wouldn't see women at the level you're describing. *yes I know women have always skated but you know what I mean.

Expand Quote
You guys can’t deny men are superior in skateboarding. Show me a woman that can pop her kick flips like Christian Maalouf or can Ollie like Reese Forbes. You can support the LGBTQIA+ movement while agreeing that there are differences between men and women. Just look at the Olympic scoring for skating. Ask Leo Baker to compete with the actual men at Tampa and we’ll see what’s up. It’s funny that we smashed the patriarchy by allowing men to dominate every single sport, including skateboarding. You know how disrespectful it is to someone like Elisa this crap is?
[close]

PEGGY OKI WAS LITERALLY A ZBOY IN THE 70s

There was literally a women skateboarding on the cover of LIfe magazine in the 60s.

Did you grow up in the 90s? Because the 90s were very much about women can do anything they want. If women didn’t want to deal with unaccepting people in skateboarding in the 90s then that’s on them. Unaccepting people didn’t stop Cara-Beth from shredding. Amy Caron, Alexis and Vanessa Torres grew up in the 90s and they killed it. Elissa is in one of the biggest video game franchises OF ALL TIME. Not to mention she is part of the PissDrunx who were the coolest mother fuckers for a decade. Acceptance be damned. How many men out there didn’t feel accepted at the skateparks and yet still persevered? How many times have you felt unaccepted at a shop or spot? Did it stop you from skateboarding? How many men skated in their shitty neighborhoods even though skateboarding was a “white boi” past time. Like I said, acceptance be damned.

You can support trans people and understand that there is a difference between male and female bodies. Why act like you’re blind to the differences? Who does that help? It’s not transphobic to recognize the differences. It’s delusional.

There’s a reason there are men and women’s contest divisions in sports and skateboarding. They wouldn’t exist if it was an even playing field.

Feel free to kook me. I know you will. (Current rep: 121)
But nothing I said can be disputed.
 And yes Every name I dropped has a better kick flip than me. No, that doesn’t devalue what I have said.

It’s baffling why people have to talk shit on the 2nd place girl’s style and trick selection as a way to justify ignoring her feelings.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdBSHJTjWyz/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= crazy to imagine this isnt really contest winning material here. kickflip at the end was insane!
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

lilboosie

• Rep: 227
What about losing to this shredder ?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
Expand Quote
Women were kept out of skateboarding for years because guys didn't want to share, wonder if skating had been accepting in the 80s and 90s if we wouldn't see women at the level you're describing. *yes I know women have always skated but you know what I mean.

Expand Quote
You guys can’t deny men are superior in skateboarding. Show me a woman that can pop her kick flips like Christian Maalouf or can Ollie like Reese Forbes. You can support the LGBTQIA+ movement while agreeing that there are differences between men and women. Just look at the Olympic scoring for skating. Ask Leo Baker to compete with the actual men at Tampa and we’ll see what’s up. It’s funny that we smashed the patriarchy by allowing men to dominate every single sport, including skateboarding. You know how disrespectful it is to someone like Elisa this crap is?
[close]
[close]

There was literally a women skateboarding on the cover of LIfe magazine in the 60s.

Did you grow up in the 90s? Because the 90s were very much about women can do anything they want. If women didn’t want to deal with unaccepting people in skateboarding in the 90s then that’s on them. Unaccepting people didn’t stop Cara-Beth from shredding. Amy Caron, Alexis and Vanessa Torres grew up in the 90s and they killed it. Elissa is in one of the biggest video game franchises OF ALL TIME. Not to mention she is part of the PissDrunx who were the coolest mother fuckers for a decade. Acceptance be damned. How many men out there didn’t feel accepted at the skateparks and yet still persevered? How many times have you felt unaccepted at a shop or spot? Did it stop you from skateboarding? How many men skated in their shitty neighborhoods even though skateboarding was a “white boi” past time. Like I said, acceptance be damned.

You can support trans people and understand that there is a difference between male and female bodies. Why act like you’re blind to the differences? Who does that help? It’s not transphobic to recognize the differences. It’s delusional.

There’s a reason there are men and women’s contest divisions in sports and skateboarding. They wouldn’t exist if it was an even playing field.

And yes Every name I dropped has a better kick flip than me. No, that doesn’t devalue what I have said.

It’s baffling why people have to talk shit on the 2nd place girl’s style and trick selection as a way to justify ignoring her feelings.

Ok ok the major problem with your argument is cherry picking like some of the only examples of women in skateboarding. The exceptions you mentioned don’t change the rule so your argument that you allude to (that women were always accepted in skateboarding) doesn’t  work.

All money to QTBIPOC imo

nothing's been the since same

Frank and Fred

I like skateboarding because competition doesn't mean anything.

you_are_all_cunts

• Rep: 10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

She's the future of female skateboarding. She just needs to stand strong and get those pesky trans cheaters out of her way.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
Ha! Try telling that to my brother.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Did you grow up in the 90s? Because the 90s were very much about women can do anything they want. If women didn’t want to deal with unaccepting people in skateboarding in the 90s then that’s on them.
You’re contradicting yourself. If women could do anything then why would they have to worry about not being accepted?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!

Fax!
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you @PuffinMuffin.
Again, mother hugging FAX!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdBSHJTjWyz/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= crazy to imagine this isnt really contest winning material here. kickflip at the end was insane!
!!!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thank you. Too rational for Slap.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 643
Sometimes I love threads like this because I can truly see who's wack and who's chill.

I'll spell it out: Whoever this girl is, she's wack. And whoever is in here supporting her, you're wack.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 807
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
So if she had gotten first, would she still be posting all this?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
THIS

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
yeah fuck this transphobic bitch

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

actually my g it is transphobic. the WOMAN she was competing against won it fair and square. she did tricks that were gnarlier, but it wasn’t like it was out of reach for taylor. i was there. She just didn’t land her shit or do tricks that would be scored as high.

halfcabcrook

• Rep: 3
Nora would have bodied that contest regardless of gender, blaming trans people because you fucking suck at skating is insane. She is 27 and still slappies her boardslides and counts dropping in and carving 3 feet below coping as a clip. Its not about gender its about her being a hateful piece of shit. Theres plenty of dudes who suck at skateboarding and theres plenty of women who rip, other than slight difference in vertical jump height theres no observable factors into why a woman and a man couldn’t skate to the same ability both being placed in healthy environments for the same amount of time.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
Someone’s fishing for a Plan B sponsorship

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Ok ok the major problem with your argument is cherry picking like some of the only examples of women in skateboarding. The exceptions you mentioned don’t change the rule so your argument that you allude to (that women were always accepted in skateboarding) doesn’t  work.

All money to QTBIPOC imo

+1 on the cherry picking.

That's like saying just because Jackie Robinson played for the Dodgers in 1947 that the country was accepting of integrated sports and that any African American who didn't make it do the majors wasn't working hard enough or didn't want it bad enough. College sports in the South remained segregated until the 1960s.

"If women didn’t want to deal with unaccepting people in skateboarding in the 90s then that’s on them." Nah that's on us.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not just happening in skating, happening across the board with a lot of competitive sports. It is kinda unfair since people/genders are built differently naturally, thus why we have women's and mens sports separately. Of course there is the rare exception but I’m sure every one will be offended I said that.
[close]

Yeah, in my city there was a youth football team that had a trans somoan player, like we're talking about someone who was 6ft and bulky, would have proved to be a challenge even if they were playing on a mens team for their age group. Some people like to blabber on how sexes are equal and all that PC bullshit, but there are clear genetic differences that no amount of hormone therapy or w/e will ever be able to correct.
[close]

There are differences in the same sex too. Are we going to start letting a 5 foot person start saying a 6 foot guy is unfair because he can dunk? You play the hand you are dealt.

THIS , if you really wanna argue FAIRNESS, then you cant apply it to sports cause the whole point of competition sports is to Beat the other contenders , the logical solution is divide sports by weight class, and not gender but transphobes don't want to hear that

thebacker

this is a clear cut case of mad cause bad

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
imagine being a "contest skater"

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

actually my g it is transphobic. the WOMAN she was competing against won it fair and square. she did tricks that were gnarlier, but it wasn’t like it was out of reach for taylor. i was there. She just didn’t land her shit or do tricks that would be scored as high.

Thanks for clarifying that. Those edits sucked, I couldn't really tell who was who.

My big issue with the whole thing is instead of keeping on skating and getting better for the next one, she has this big baby moment tagging all these conservative media personalities to what? To have them attack the girl that won? Tell their audiences to stop drinking Red Bull? Skateboarding has never been conventional no matter how popular it is now. The people holding the contest can set their own rules or have none at all, regardless of which side of the fence you're on with the topic.

In the description of the youtube video it was presented as, "Red Bull Cornerstone continues to unite the skaters and skate communities of the Midwest, showing love and support for the local parks and local scenes" Seems like they wanted to it to be an inclusive and friendly competition.

She came across as narrow minded and narcissistic in that post and made me side with fucking Red Bull of all things.

Logic

• Rep: 35
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not just happening in skating, happening across the board with a lot of competitive sports. It is kinda unfair since people/genders are built differently naturally, thus why we have women's and mens sports separately. Of course there is the rare exception but I’m sure every one will be offended I said that.
[close]

Yeah, in my city there was a youth football team that had a trans somoan player, like we're talking about someone who was 6ft and bulky, would have proved to be a challenge even if they were playing on a mens team for their age group. Some people like to blabber on how sexes are equal and all that PC bullshit, but there are clear genetic differences that no amount of hormone therapy or w/e will ever be able to correct.
[close]

There are differences in the same sex too. Are we going to start letting a 5 foot person start saying a 6 foot guy is unfair because he can dunk? You play the hand you are dealt.
[close]

THIS , if you really wanna argue FAIRNESS, then you cant apply it to sports cause the whole point of competition sports is to Beat the other contenders , the logical solution is divide sports by weight class, and not gender but transphobes don't want to hear that

Wasn't going to bother with this thread any longer as it's barely related to skating at this point, but pointing out that the biological sex you are born has an impact on your physical capibilites does not make one a transphobe.
Yeah, in a just and perfect world, a male and female of equivalent height/weight would on average perform equally well athletically, however it's just not the case. How do you think a male vs female boxer of the same weight division would go?