Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 59910 times)

Fartknocker415

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
Didn’t know we had a fucking debate Andy who deals in the marketplace of ideas over here Jesus fucking christ

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
At the current level of female skating, how on earth is this lady winning 2nd place in any contest? She totally boned herself, now she’s gonna get $0. Also, right wing bullshit has no place in skating. If you grew up in the 80’s or 90’s conservatives called you a devil worshipper for riding a skateboard. Fuck those people.

I think while the other women are out there trying hard tricks to get a decent score and bailing some of them, she just does basic tricks that most people learn within a year of skateboarding (including stationary primos and other freestyle stuff kids tend to mess around with). There was a girl in the comments saying her runs were mostly flatground so I'm guessing she technically scores decent because she doesn't fall off the board. I'm speculating though after seeing that tampa run that was posted here, but I feel like I'm not too far off. They probably score it like a street league comp and she plays that to her advantage.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
this girl really is finished. the best part is that nobody even heard of her and so there's like 30,000 people who's only knowledge is that she's a ben shapiro stan kook

That kalamazoo slam clip is amazing. can't ollie two inches and slappy the rest of the way into a boardslide on a street handrail

Expand Quote
If John Devine comments multiple times on your post you've either done something truly spectacular or done truly embarrassing.
[close]

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29

Males grow out of females via an extra chromosome.

If one were to have an extra chromosome they would be mentally handicapped.   Or dead.   Depending on the chromosome.

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 38
What if her and the trans girl were at the same skill level? She’s just a sore loser. Other people commented and said she does the same shit when biological women smoke her too and that she’s called the cops on someone drinking a beer at a skatepark lol
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
What if her and the trans girl were at the same skill level? She’s just a sore loser. Other people commented and said she does the same shit when biological women smoke her too and that she’s called the cops on someone drinking a beer at a skatepark lol

This is what we get by welcoming everybody into skateboarding. "Gatekeeping" is much more beneficial than detrimental.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 269
  • often correct
Random question: if I was stuck in a coma from 8-24 years of age and I woke up and wanted to compete against kids at the age I identified as (8 yo) would you advocate for me?
if you somehow woke up after spending 16 years in a coma you'd probably never walk again. you definitely wouldn't be skating at any sort of competitive level. so sure, compete however you'd like.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
Here's the trick the trans girl won the best trick with @3:47

A no pop nollie big down a barely waist high drop. If you can't beat that then you have no one else to blame but yourself lol

GinosGroceries

i don't know if mods are deleting transphobic posts super quickly but i think it would be nice if they let them stay up for a few minutes, if only so we know who to ignore going forward

Yes they are deleting them, but they’re not all transphobic in nature. The posts that I notice are missing were more inquisitive than transphobic.

I don’t think it’s right for mods to control the narrative. SLAP has always been the say what you feel message board and when you take that away it loses what made it special IMO.

I believe in free speech. You gotta take the bad if you want your opinion to be equally heard.

buttchin

Im just gonna troll and put this here to lighten the mood on this trans and feminist skateboarding debate.Panic! At the disco was my jam when I was in my emo/scene kid phase
http://youtube.com/shorts/LvyuTuPkh5A?feature=share

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
Expand Quote
[close]

This is what we get by welcoming everybody into skateboarding. "Gatekeeping" is much more beneficial than detrimental.

I’ve been saying this. Skateboarding is a crime and that’s the way I like it.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
bitch trippin over 5k

sorry but what do you expect from zionists

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -484
Expand Quote
clearly there are differences, trans men aren't having babies anytime soon. people need to stop being so quick with the slurs. competitive sports aren't my thing but can empathize with the frustrations of the trans and non-trans athletes here. clearly there's some growing pains for these things to figure out and i don't think either side being dicks is helpful.
[close]
A. Trans men can and do get pregnant and give birth (I'm guessing you just got the terminology mixed up but lol.)
B. I don't give a shit what whiny cis people think.
C. The only people being dicks here are transphobes.

You, sir, Must be a moron.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 968
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Congratulations to the winner. More power to you.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

skunty

• Rep: 73

boom roasted

Magnolia

• Rep: 442
  • She/They
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
clearly there are differences, trans men aren't having babies anytime soon. people need to stop being so quick with the slurs. competitive sports aren't my thing but can empathize with the frustrations of the trans and non-trans athletes here. clearly there's some growing pains for these things to figure out and i don't think either side being dicks is helpful.
[close]
A. Trans men can and do get pregnant and give birth (I'm guessing you just got the terminology mixed up but lol.)
[close]

Thats miss moron to you
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Sick_McCrank_

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Thats miss moron to you

You, Miss, Must be a moron.

buttchin

Quote from: skunty   ::)link=topic=122098.msg3797013#msg3797013 date=1652897028

boom roasted

The classic: lets stereotype all skaters as SoCal skaters

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 798
Quote from: skunty   ::)link=topic=122098.msg3797013#msg3797013 date=1652897028
Expand Quote

boom roasted
[close]

The classic: lets stereotype all skaters as SoCal skaters

Came here to post a screenshot of that. Either the mods are doing a great job of watching this thread of the maga choads can't figure out how to make a accounts.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
Expand Quote
[close]
there's recent research that proves Trans Men can lactate as well  https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1526773125337305094 so the "BIOLOGICAL DIFFERENCES" are not as rigid as we once believed

buttchin

The hacker proud boys from virgina are infliltrating skateboarding with their government agenda (at least what I think, given that there was a thread about this a few years ago. Slap Pals, find it for me please, too lazy to dig up old posts) . Thats why you see those kooks here with negative reps or sometimes fake positive reps making this forum boards like lame ass 4chan and the delusional qanon

passtheish

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1526773125337305094 hope this shatters your world view

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 968
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
I luv Nora.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

passtheish

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
there's recent research that proves Trans women can lactate as well  https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1526773125337305094 so the "BIOLOGICAL DIFFERENCES" are not as rigid as we once believed

Sick_McCrank_

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1526773125337305094 hope this shatters your world view

Its Not about Point A.
Its the other two That Are cringe.

Lets call anyone who disagrees With me a transphobe and shit on other peoples opinion, or even better Sanction them if they dare to voice their opinion on the internet. Be Angry if People Are Different, While demanding That People who are different are beeing accepted how they Are/feel. It seems a bit irational and Hypocrite. But Then what do i know, shes probably 12.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 11:46:57 AM by Sick_McCrank_ »

waffle

• Rep: 125
To the person spamming that Twitter link: A Twitter post is about as far as you can get from, “recent research.” Posting it as such probably has the opposite effect of your intention.

Anyways, the girl who posted the original insta message is following 0 people on insta. That’s always felt like some forced clout/self-obsession tip, so I’ll vote that she’s lame outside this scenario altogether.

Another aside: Don’t know shit about the contest scene, but does Lee Baker skate in contests? If so, I’m curious where (m or f), given that he’s probably the most prolific trans skater atm.

At least we can all be happy that none of this shit matters if you’re skating outside of contest settings.

buttchin

Its honestly refreshing to see the debate between world views and progressiveness within skateboarding. Lets continue to progressively change the narrative and accept other unbiased opinions that challenge our old-traditional beliefs. Didnt mean to make this some political debate, but thats why this forum exists. To challenge and back up facts and opinions based on personal beliefs and gatekeeping. Skateboarding does need a bit core street/legit gatekeeping as it always been a grassroots and word-of-mouth so-and-so documented this and that in transworld/thrasher/bigbrother/slap mags and videos and photos

skunty

• Rep: 73
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
there's recent research that proves Trans Men can lactate as well  https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1526773125337305094 so the "BIOLOGICAL DIFFERENCES" are not as rigid as we once believed

thats a trans woman lactating, which is significant because it had previously only been cis women or trans men who could, just to clarify because it looks like there was a mix up

Sick_McCrank_

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Its Not about Point A.
Its the other two That Are cringe.
[close]

WTF Makes me a transphobe exactly? Please elaborate. Have People lost their mind Here? Your blind hate pisses me off honestly.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 12:02:42 PM by Sick_McCrank_ »

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
To the person spamming that Twitter link: A Twitter post is about as far as you can get from, “recent research.” Posting it as such probably has the opposite effect of your intention.

Anyone with a cycle or taking estrogen can lactate even if they're not pregnant. There are a lot of hormone-mimicking drugs, one of them being domperidone, which is commonly prescribed for nausea and has lactation as a side effect. It's not a "recent" discovery or a cutting-edge treatment; it's basic biology.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast