Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 59472 times)

baulsacc_mcvinegar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
I see both sides to this. It's cool Tim Pool threw down money for her losing if he really did that. Credibility as a skater. But this is up to women and who is holding the contest. I would not care at all if a trans man entered whatever the Olympics male event. And I think WNBA ratings and attendance would increase if trans woman were allowed to play or if the sport got there. It's kinda up to the ladies to decide that collectively. I don't think anyone claims to have the answers but if you guys were talking about "in house" taking care of things. This board is a sanctimonious self loathing ipa drinking probably very white for the most part pontificating about what some 22 year old white girl posting on her insta while putting a target on anyone that skateboards back that never did anything to you. This is the worst place you could find anything relevant on this subject material. I think giving her money for losing is taking care of things in house until maybe a non inclusive organization comes around. People should be allowed to talk about things that are interesting. If I was from the Olympics committee and tasked to address this issue I think I'd be very disappointed with my time wasted. Only a guy that's a pretty decent skater gave her money. I don't know much about his opinions. He skates and looks after skaters. Skaters supporting skaters like the 9 club says. If I were from the Olympic committee that would be my take away. She didn't even know who he was I guess. There's a guy Dan Jansen. He's brain dead. The whole side of his head crumpled. He did this to a man that had a YouTube channel about fishing with over 2000 followers. Jesse viera left him dead on the sidewalk. This kid has the best selling board but not a single shop carries Pizza skateboards.how is that? More dead security guards, more spots to skate. That's why I can't ever get down with slap. False logic every time. How many herpes Yonnie has or jarne show me your tits to a 16 year old. Now it's theotis and all these brands share retail space with a kid that got away with at least leaving the scene of an accident involving severe traumatic injuries. He got lucky but also set a precedent that if you fuck someone up bad while skateboarding. It's ok. You can keep your board. You kill your filmer. Get a pass for that too. We don't need to protect women from trans athletes. We need to protect them from yonnie herpes. It's gotta stop! He's damaging the herd!

AnotherOldSkater

• Rep: -23
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

TL;DR:  taylor is a zionist kook and tim pool is bald
[close]

If you're going to call someone out for being anti-trans, maybe don't use anti-Semitic slurs
[close]

Zionism is a political project. It's not anti Semitic to criticize an ethno-nationalist project that has been operating an apartheid state for decades
[close]

Dale Sr. is absolutely correct. And Tim Pool is a bald rollerblader is probably more accurate.
[close]
yeah you're right, referring to the only jewish nation in the world as an "ethno-nationalist project", which is common phrase used by anti-semites, definitely isn't anti-semitic. As i said before, maybe don't call people out for being hateful and bigoted by using hateful and bigoted expressions... just a thought
[close]

There is a Jewish state. Zionism is essentially nationalism.
It's why the Palestinians keep getting more and more occupied, and why African refugees are immediately put in prison.

Fuck off with the anti Semitism shit, it's a completely unrelated thing.
I agree, israel and zionism has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. Literally nothing. The sore loser didn't bring up israel in their criticism of the winner, so why did the poster insist on using the word zionist as an extra insult when talking about her? I am not saying that everyone who is anti-israel is anti-semetic, but when you call someone that is obviously jewish a "zionist kook" for no fucking reason you are being anti-semetic. You want to call her an anti-trans kook, go ahead. That would make sense in this conversation. A butt hurt kook, that would also work to describe the situation. But i have yet to hear a valid explanation why her religion needs to be brought into this or why being pro-israel, or "zionist" makes someone a worse person, which is what the poster was implying when they made that comment?

Spectre

• Rep: -40
I’m curious what Taylor the transphobe expects to come from all this?

By showing her true colors, she’s out of the skate world in any meaningful way. I guess she joins the right wing troll network and grifts away with all those asshats?

Money. That's what she expects from this. It's been about getting paid since day one if you really look at it.

baulsacc_mcvinegar

• Rep: 2
Expand Quote

By showing her true colors, she’s out of the skate world in any meaningful way. I guess she joins the right wing troll network and grifts away with all those asshats?
[close]

Money. That's what she expects from this. It's been about getting paid since day one if you really look at it.

sharkjumper

• Rep: 39
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Expand Quote

[close]

True. Besides her transphobia, she seemed most upset about losing that first place money.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam

Wtf, Didn’t think she would resort to doing scenes

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
Hopefully she is banned from all contests going forward, and her sponsors all drop her
Cocteau Twins

tofuweenie

• Rep: -1
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

If you're going to call someone out for being anti-trans, maybe don't use anti-Semitic slurs
[close]

Zionism is a political project. It's not anti Semitic to criticize an ethno-nationalist project that has been operating an apartheid state for decades
[close]

Dale Sr. is absolutely correct. And Tim Pool is a bald rollerblader is probably more accurate.
[close]
yeah you're right, referring to the only jewish nation in the world as an "ethno-nationalist project", which is common phrase used by anti-semites, definitely isn't anti-semitic. As i said before, maybe don't call people out for being hateful and bigoted by using hateful and bigoted expressions... just a thought
[close]

It's why the Palestinians keep getting more and more occupied, and why African refugees are immediately put in prison.

[close]
I agree, israel and zionism has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. Literally nothing. The sore loser didn't bring up israel in their criticism of the winner, so why did the poster insist on using the word zionist as an extra insult when talking about her? I am not saying that everyone who is anti-israel is anti-semetic, but when you call someone that is obviously jewish a "zionist kook" for no fucking reason you are being anti-semetic. You want to call her an anti-trans kook, go ahead. That would make sense in this conversation. A butt hurt kook, that would also work to describe the situation. But i have yet to hear a valid explanation why her religion needs to be brought into this or why being pro-israel, or "zionist" makes someone a worse person, which is what the poster was implying when they made that comment?

Zionism = pro-Israel
pro-Israel = pro-military occupation of Palestine
pro-Israel = pro-forceful takeover of Palestine
pro-Israel = pro-apartheid in occupied Palestine
Zionism and zionists = bad!!!

No one is bringing religion into it bc none of these things have anything to do with being Jewish. Being Jewish is not a requirement for being Zionist. “Great White Replacement” fascists in the US can be Zionist bc “all people’s should return to their own land” (the irony tho lol) AND bc they’re anti-Semitic. Uncle fucking Sam is Zionist, and it’s not even a person

If we had seen “pro-life” posts on her account we would’ve called her an anti-choice kook. But, we saw plenty pro-Israel content, so she’s a Zionist kook. That make more sense?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
she’s fully embraced the kookiness of this. went full kook. brought in all these right wing people to give their opinion on something they know nothing about. she will never set foot in another skatepark again with that stupid ass green helmet without getting looks thrown at her.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

she was there in the first place? entitled grifter is all she is. my puppy has more steez hiding from my skateboard
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

sharkjumper

• Rep: 39
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Expand Quote

[close]

she was there in the first place? entitled grifter is all she is. my puppy has more steez hiding from my skateboard

I see that wording it like that implies she was meaningful to start with, which I don’t think she was. But, in an alternate reality where she wasn’t a transphobic kook, she could’ve built up her second place standings at regional Red Bull events into some kind of skate presence. Still a stretch based on her abilities, but it was a possibility.

My point was that as a skater I wouldn’t trade whatever little presence I have in skating to cash in on the right wing grift world. I’d much rather have skating. Shows she wasn’t much of a skater at all.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1132
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
she’s fully embraced the kookiness of this. went full kook. brought in all these right wing people to give their opinion on something they know nothing about. she will never set foot in another skatepark again with that stupid ass green helmet without getting looks thrown at her.
never go full kook

dill8849

• Rep: -41
Geez, it's not transphobic or bigoted at all to say that women have an XX chromosome and a uterus. If you don't have those, you're just not biologically a woman. Almost every medical doctor will tell you that.

lysdexia

• Rep: 5
Geez, it's not transphobic or bigoted at all to say that women have an XX chromosome and a uterus. If you don't have those, you're just not biologically a woman. Almost every medical doctor will tell you that.

it's quite transphobic and bigoted actually

walker

• Rep: -9
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not just happening in skating, happening across the board with a lot of competitive sports. It is kinda unfair since people/genders are built differently naturally, thus why we have women's and mens sports separately. Of course there is the rare exception but I’m sure every one will be offended I said that.
[close]

Yeah, in my city there was a youth football team that had a trans somoan player, like we're talking about someone who was 6ft and bulky, would have proved to be a challenge even if they were playing on a mens team for their age group. Some people like to blabber on how sexes are equal and all that PC bullshit, but there are clear genetic differences that no amount of hormone therapy or w/e will ever be able to correct.
[close]

There are differences in the same sex too. Are we going to start letting a 5 foot person start saying a 6 foot guy is unfair because he can dunk? You play the hand you are dealt.

all 5 foot people vs all 6 foot people  :) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

chumponthis

• Rep: 5
This brings up a deeper question:

Will Trans people make more in the workforce than women?

Serious inquiry, no sarcasm intended

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358

AnotherOldSkater

• Rep: -23
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Zionism = pro-Israel
pro-Israel = pro-military occupation of Palestine
pro-Israel = pro-forceful takeover of Palestine
pro-Israel = pro-apartheid in occupied Palestine
Zionism and zionists = bad!!!

No one is bringing religion into it bc none of these things have anything to do with being Jewish. Being Jewish is not a requirement for being Zionist. “Great White Replacement” fascists in the US can be Zionist bc “all people’s should return to their own land” (the irony tho lol) AND bc they’re anti-Semitic. Uncle fucking Sam is Zionist, and it’s not even a person

If we had seen “pro-life” posts on her account we would’ve called her an anti-choice kook. But, we saw plenty pro-Israel content, so she’s a Zionist kook. That make more sense?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸
This is one of the dumber arguments I've ever heard. You cannot separate Israel from the Jewish people and you cannot separate zionism from israel, which means that zionism and judaism are deeply linked. So go ahead and regurgitate anti-israel talking points, but understand that many many jews have a connection to israel and while they may not agree with the policies, when you equate pro-israel with bad people, you come across as anti-semetic.

And I'm done arguing about this, but I really hope you've actually done research on Hamas, the political party elected by the Palestinian people, because by supporting them you are supporting a governing body that is extremely homophobic and anti-trans 

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image

There are more combinations of chromosomes than just XX and XY. Almost every medical doctor will tell you that.

Hysterectomies happen as well. Medical doctors perform them.

nothing's been the since same

Spectre

• Rep: -40
This brings up a deeper question:

Will Trans people make more in the workforce than women?

Serious inquiry, no sarcasm intended

It has been illegal since the 60s to pay women less for the same job with the same skill. If anyone is paying less they can definitely get sued.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
Well, I'm amazed that the results of a Red Bull contest in the middle-of-nowhere is going to be at the center of some international cultural war.

I was in a Red Bull contest in Eastern Europe and I actually placed and got free shit even though my run sucked, because my friend told the organizer (who didn't know anything about skateboarding) to give me a spot at the podium. I wonder if Dateline will investigate this or if Netflix will make a docu-drama based off this event.

Honestly, this should be a conversation within skateboarding not some media circus. Or, if we are going to make it into big thing, I'd like to see Michael Sandel lead the conversation rather than some sensationalistic asshats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcL66zx_6No

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
I had a lengthy conversation with a TERF in the comments of the thread.

And although I don’t agree with her conclusions, I can sympathize with how she got there.

Having to live under patriarchy can make you extremely sensitive to any male intrusion into the rare female-only safe spaces feminists have fought hard to create. I can understand after fighting patriarchy for so long, anything that seems like male colonization of female space sets off alarms. Which is what trans women looks like to them. Guys using their privilege to enter female spaces.

Of course, it necessarily ignores that trans women are generally and even more abused minority, and you would think that those feminists with their criticisms of hetro-normative patriarchy would find common cause with other victims of it.

To me, it’s very similar to how Zionists behave. Of course the Jewish people faced brutal discrimination and eradication, understandably desire a safe space free of that discrimination and you would think they would find common cause with other marginalized people like the Palestinians.

But to such closed hearts, the existence of Palestinians intrude into the  ‘safe space’ , just as trans folk threaten female-only spaces. TERFs and Zionists both exclude other marginal communities under the justification of ‘protecting’ themselves, but in reality just promote discrimination against those marginalized communities, discrimination which often ends in violence and death.

But for both Zionists and TERFs, they are so inwardly concerned about their own in group they don’t seem able to feel compassion for anyone else.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
Damn.  I took time to read this after posting some red meat in the Blake carpenter thread.

For which I am simply stoking the BS fire. 

Thanks for taking time to explain this point of view. Never crossed my mind. I also learned what TERF is. 

I can appreciate this.  I’m not sure whether or not I agree with it all but in many ways it makes sense.   

Like most things time helps gain tolerance and understanding.  You meet individuals in your life that change your opinions about certain stereotypes etc.  I’m not saying it’s right.  Simply saying is people have to learn.  And that takes time.  It’s sucks to have to wait for society.  We are also moving backwards with all the negative polarizing bullshit that’s being spread as well.  People need to chill.  .  . And smoke more weed.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Hopefully she is banned from all contests going forward, and her sponsors all drop her
Real talk, though; you don’t think she’s actually got any sponsors beyond, possibly, the local hardware store, do you?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Frank and Fred

Gotta say these have been a big and validating two days for the “skateboarding is not a sport” and contest-hating crowd.

That's what I keep saying to myself. Let's go session. Everyone welcome. Fuck energy drinks and podiums. Clearly those are the arenas for jocks, kooks and bigots.

ps. Free Palestine.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
Anyone defending her cosigns on her freestyle lip tricks in bowls. You can’t have it both ways.

The skater who won that contest now has her name and photo included on news articles. I hope she’s doing alright in this, probably going to catch a lot of crazy alt right doxxing

Fuck, this shit is sad. I hope the girl that won stays safe and people support her. It appears she already deactivated her instagram.  I hope Taylor stops getting invited to contests. To me, the articles still paint her as the asshole in this whether they meant to or not.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:15:47 PM by UselessAsshole »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
Something else I find fascinating is where people are trying to draw the line on what is and isn't antisemitism surrounding her happening to be Jewish. Which if you're Jewish, there's some added fire to fuel the comments for or against her stance.

The Palestine/Israel conflict being thrown into this dumpster fire is a doozy, since commenting "Free Palestine" can be seen as antisemitic.

Whether you agree or disagree, I have no qualms. I am curious where people are drawing the line, since people throwing that around aren't targeting her, but are speaking politically on her page about the Palestine/Israel conflict because she happens to be Jewish.
Super Champion Fun Zone

passtheish

• Rep: 6
Something else I find fascinating is where people are trying to draw the line on what is and isn't antisemitism surrounding her happening to be Jewish. Which if you're Jewish, there's some added fire to fuel the comments for or against her stance.

The Palestine/Israel conflict being thrown into this dumpster fire is a doozy, since commenting "Free Palestine" can be seen as antisemitic.

Whether you agree or disagree, I have no qualms. I am curious where people are drawing the line, since people throwing that around aren't targeting her, but are speaking politically on her page about the Palestine/Israel conflict because she happens to be Jewish.

FREE PALESTINE is never antisemitic wtf lmao

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
I'm not gonna trudge through 17 pages of horse shit to see if it's already been said but... Elissa Steamer used to enter Tampa contests competing against men. When I was young but skated a lot I thought she wasn't that good, and then I tried to find one thing I could do from a video part of hers I picked out and realized I couldn't do anything she did.

These fucking tiktok ig skater kids made skateboarding soft as fuck. I am fucking 33, I would need a week to get used to being back on a board after two years off, but if you gave me and her a month to film a part I would deliver and go for broke because I would have the drive to make a fool of a fool. Something these kids need to learn to do, to get motivated instead of crying about someone else making you a shitty skater.

If you think ANY team, from core skate companies to Redbull, wants to deal with a fucking complainer, you have no clue how the industry works.

The biggest sin in skateboarding is misrepresenting your skill level, especially towards someone else who hasn't treated you badly.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!

boom roasted
As if there aren't pros who smoke crack or meth lol.