Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 59480 times)

quackquack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -379
This is Dick L. Tikel, reporting live for 420 news from the site of a trainwreck.

What started as a lively, mostly-male, debate on what constitutes a woman, the thread has quickly devolved into what exactly is anti-sementism.

This Dick is red in the head as I attempt to swim through the arguments presented by trolls, hipoclits, mean-wellers, pro-trans, and every Slapper in between.

Both sides are bringing girthy ammo to the fight and there seems no to be no end in site as even surfing is being dragged into the discussion. It's anyone's guess how long before the winning camp erects its flag.

Who will convince the entire world that their version of reality is the correct one? Stay tooned.

This is Dick L. Tikel, signing of.
Oh, the places you'll go.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
If you too are anti-cementic, here's just the place for you:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=122135.0

Deputy Wendell

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
aS a fEmAlE pRoFeSsIoNaL aThLeTe

Surfers revealing themselves as total kooks in the above post.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 09:22:33 AM by hotdogsweatpants »
The pant situation is out of control at this point

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
Something else I find fascinating is where people are trying to draw the line on what is and isn't antisemitism surrounding her happening to be Jewish. Which if you're Jewish, there's some added fire to fuel the comments for or against her stance.

The Palestine/Israel conflict being thrown into this dumpster fire is a doozy, since commenting "Free Palestine" can be seen as antisemitic.

Whether you agree or disagree, I have no qualms. I am curious where people are drawing the line, since people throwing that around aren't targeting her, but are speaking politically on her page about the Palestine/Israel conflict because she happens to be Jewish.

First of all, absolutely fucking no one is just randomly bringing up Palestine because she "happens to be Jewish", it's because she's openly a fucking Zionist which inherently means she supports the genocide of the Palestinian people.

Second of all, it's never anti-Semitic to show support for Palestine and it's actually anti-Semitic to imply that all Jewish people are Zionists, because that's far from the truth.

The only reason that issue has been brought into this is because it's simply another example of this girl being openly problematic and holding discriminatory beliefs about another marginalized community. It's just a relevant as folks bringing up that she's called the cops on people drinking beer at a skatepark, or that she's complained about losing contests to other cis women in the past, or that she's been a dickhead to other cis women. Evidence of a pattern of being a piece of shit loser

wil540

• Rep: -13
Hey all, just want to revisit this so I can admit that my initial postings were based in utter ignorance and didn’t know what a trans woman is (in spite of me having a trans brother and in spite of me being supportive of LGBTQIA+).  I cannot state strongly enough that I am NOT a transphobic person, but readily admit my ignorance.

So I educated myself a bit.  As I understand it, a trans woman is someone who has transitioned…..wow, even after some research I am still not sure what words to use here; male, female, man, woman, sex, gender….all words that have been seemingly set in stone in the past certainly have been evolving in recent years to include what we now know is a very diverse biological and genetic spectrum.  Please bear with me……and please help me understand anything I get wrong or am missing.

A trans woman is someone born as a male who has completely transitioned to living life as a female, including hormone therapy.  The Olympics requires a trans athlete to be under hormone therapy for a minimum of 2 years before being allowed to compete.

There seems to be a clear distinction between “woman” and “female” too, where the word female seems to be genitalia specific and the word woman seems to describe feminine traits.  One person who responded to The 2nd place winner pointed out that it was a “women’s” competition not a “female” (genitalia-based) competition.

Also learned:

TERF = Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist
Cis = on the side of (a Latin word or prefix, not an acronym)

Looking forward to a day of being slightly less ignorant about this.

I appreciate this take and can relate.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Up late, about to hit the hay but worth noting.

Since 2004 you could compete in the Olympics with the gender you identify as if under hormone treatment for at least 2 years. It wasn't until last year, 2021, that a transgender athlete won gold, and it was a team sport, soccer.
I didn't even make sense in my writing last night I was tired, so here it is laid out better:

Since 2004 athletes could compete in the Olympics with the gender you identify as, if you have been under hormone treatment for at least the previous 2 years. It wasn't until last year, 2021, that a transgender athlete won gold, and it was a team sport, soccer.

So 2004 is when you could start entering.
We've had 5 Summer Olympics in that time.
339 events each, Ill calculate at 300 just because some shit has been added, I dont know if stuff was taken away to balance, also just to throw the anti trans competitor crowd a bone in the stats.
300x5= 1,500 chances for someone to take gold in events since 2004.
It took 16 years for someone who is trans to get a gold, it happened at just this past games, for a team sport.

If its 1 out of 1500 that's a 0.0666666667% gold medal win rate for trans people. (Or for my Pro Wrestling homies, that's your chance of beating Scoot Steiner at Sacrifice)

If we wanted to go further and try to make it even more cautious on our calculations we can cut 1500 in half in case 750 are male versions of the contests, and 750 are female versions of the contests.
Since the consensus seems to be that it would be people born with a penis that would be the ones to transitioning to start dominating over women's events, we can do our calculations for just that scenario.

Even if it was 1 gold out of 750, that's still a gold medal win rate of 0.133333333% for trans people since they have been allowed to enter.

My numbers on events could be wrong because it's hard to find a clear list of number of events and how its divided. But we also slightly inflated the percentages when I counted 300 events instead of the reported 339 just to further give the anti crowd a break.

Thats pretty substantial to me.

Ill be honest I get it and I kind of dont. I get the idea of a 5'2" girl having to compete against a 6'1" person who has transitioned, feeling like its unfair. But competition isn't always divided into experience levels. I have assisted on a couple trail running events and have seen people of the same sex competing in the same event, where one has obviously better genetics (or PEDS) than the other, and that is already a huge difference in ability.

But also imagine in life, how your brain was wired when you were developing, you are essentially a woman trapped in a mans body. A lot of us saw that stuff even at a young age in school. A kid who looked male, or identified as male to everyone, but even their body movements and mannerisms are like a woman is in the brain controlling their behavior. Imagine having that feeling of being trapped in a body you wish was one that represented what you actually are wired as, and wishing your fucking body was different so you could live a normal life. Now you get on hormones to get as close to that as you can, it makes you loose strength, gain fat, its making you less athletic, and you still get shit.

I think what will happen is a breakthrough in hormone therapy that will cause someone to be able to transition to a degree much further than now, or maybe they will extend the amount of time you have to be on the therapy before competition. I'm not sure if the effect peaks at a certain point.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
Expand Quote
this all comes off as such entitled whiny bullshit to me. like these athletes undergo potentially years of hormone therapy and surgery in order to transition, and after all that + putting in the work as athletes, these women females have the audacity to imply that it's somehow an advantage?
[close]

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this all comes off as such entitled whiny bullshit to me. like these athletes undergo potentially years of hormone therapy and surgery in order to transition, and after all that + putting in the work as athletes, these women females have the audacity to imply that it's somehow an advantage?
[close]
[close]

LOL this is a troll, right? You do realize the new account that posted that was trying oh so hard to be really PC perfect and fucked up by calling natural born ladies women, rather than females. Thus undermining their creditability to knowledgably (and not emotionally) speak on the topic.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
https://www.instagram.com/p/CdwstsxFJnp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= Similar event happened in surfing… the female pros are not happy about it.

Bethany Hamilton is the woman that was attacked by a shark and lost her arm and is still pro.
Keala Kennelly is pro surfing’s first openly lesbian and has multiple world titles.
Sage Ericsson is currently on the womens world tour
Victoria verga is on the womens longboard tour.
FUCK STAB. I called them on a trans joke on their IG a year or so ago and they acted like I was the bad guy. I don’t know what these women are thinking- it’s fucking long boarding - extra muscles aren’t that useful. And it’s shitty to throw some other people under the bus so you can bro down with the meatheads who run surfing. Basically fuck surf culture and the industry. Surfing is awesome but surfers are fucking lame.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Damn this girl really blew it

https://nypost.com/2022/05/20/skateboarder-taylor-silverman-rips-trans-competitors-who-win/
WHEW! Roasted. Love that they used a still from some primo shit she did lol. Someone is offering to pay the difference lol.

baulsacc_mcvinegar

• Rep: 2
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

LOL this is a troll, right? You do realize the new account that posted that was trying oh so hard to be really PC perfect and fucked up by calling natural born ladies women, rather than females. Thus undermining their creditability to knowledgably (and not emotionally) speak on the topic.

sorry, I should have said femoid

kinjjibo

• Rep: -9
Damn this girl really blew it

https://nypost.com/2022/05/20/skateboarder-taylor-silverman-rips-trans-competitors-who-win/
"“I’m proud of you for speaking up!” another sketboarder told her."

Sammich

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61

I liked this one - https://www.outkick.com/wokes-blast-skateboarder-taylor-silverman-for-speaking-out-against-transgender-competitor/

"Here’s how the tolerant left responded to her request to save women’s sports for biological women...

A blue checkmark wrote: “this is disgusting, might want to completely rethink your path skateboarding… maybe it can bring you some compassion and community instead of money and what ever the fuck this terrible attitude you have is…….“

That blue checkmark being Nora

Monopolyman

Yeah.  I feel like they should poll skaters before competition, and if they feel the way Taylor does, they have to compete in a separate division called sketboarding.

Deputy Wendell

nearly 20 pages in, and Sheriff Ed Tom Bell can't help but to wonder once again...

AnotherOldSkater

• Rep: -23
Expand Quote
Something else I find fascinating is where people are trying to draw the line on what is and isn't antisemitism surrounding her happening to be Jewish. Which if you're Jewish, there's some added fire to fuel the comments for or against her stance.

The Palestine/Israel conflict being thrown into this dumpster fire is a doozy, since commenting "Free Palestine" can be seen as antisemitic.

Whether you agree or disagree, I have no qualms. I am curious where people are drawing the line, since people throwing that around aren't targeting her, but are speaking politically on her page about the Palestine/Israel conflict because she happens to be Jewish.
[close]

First of all, absolutely fucking no one is just randomly bringing up Palestine because she "happens to be Jewish", it's because she's openly a fucking Zionist which inherently means she supports the genocide of the Palestinian people.

Second of all, it's never anti-Semitic to show support for Palestine and it's actually anti-Semitic to imply that all Jewish people are Zionists, because that's far from the truth.

The only reason that issue has been brought into this is because it's simply another example of this girl being openly problematic and holding discriminatory beliefs about another marginalized community. It's just a relevant as folks bringing up that she's called the cops on people drinking beer at a skatepark, or that she's complained about losing contests to other cis women in the past, or that she's been a dickhead to other cis women. Evidence of a pattern of being a piece of shit loser
I love how non-jews in this forum and elsewhere on the political left get to tell the jewish community what is and isn't anti-Semitic and offensive

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the day i’m concerned with the opinions of white californians is the day i finally go rambo on the burger king
[close]

the one by forman mills gave me extra fries so don't go to that one pls thank you
[close]

both of these comments are high points of this thread.

https://youtu.be/hlzm7-gvTRg

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
Expand Quote
[close]

I liked this one - https://www.outkick.com/wokes-blast-skateboarder-taylor-silverman-for-speaking-out-against-transgender-competitor/

"Here’s how the tolerant left responded to her request to save women’s sports for biological women...

A blue checkmark wrote: “this is disgusting, might want to completely rethink your path skateboarding… maybe it can bring you some compassion and community instead of money and what ever the fuck this terrible attitude you have is…….“

Da purple transphobe eater

kinjjibo

• Rep: -9
Expand Quote
[close]

That whole article is incredible.

The article is under the "Olympics" category, the title of the article categorizes anyone who disagrees with her as "Wokes," and the lack of checking out who the "blue checkmark" user was that you shared.

The first sentence is "Skateboarder Taylor Silverman refused to shut up and let a transgender skateboarder take prize money from her without a fight and now the tolerant left is lashing out with a barrage of disgusting hatred towards her for standing up for women’s sports," like this wasn't a contest from 2021 that no one remembers.

Hate to break it to them, but the "transgender skateboarder" took that prize money from her fair and square regardless how vocal she and the right gets, and unless Tim the Tool Man Pool actually pays her, that way too high payout she received from second place is all she's going to get aside from probably never competing again.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ignorance bears more ignorance.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
I love how non-jews in this forum and elsewhere on the political left get to tell the jewish community what is and isn't anti-Semitic and offensive

if you have not read it i think david baddiel's 2021 book would really resonate with you.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
it's absolutely fucked that gallagher had to turn off all her social media profiles apparently to protect herself, while this taylor whatshername now gets championed and funded by the worst talking heads and publications on the internet.

the whole thing gives me nausea. you can't make shit like this up.

i'm so sorry this happened to gallagher and i hope she has a good network around her to keep her safe and keep her morale up. it's gonna be tough now mentally to enter any competition, going public with footage or even just keeping any form of social media profile running.

another thing that becomes very clear is that right wingers have this strange super power that we need to figure out how to break, which is to thrive from hate. they incite hateful campaigns in the first place, then get a backlash, and then successfully victimize themselves and usually try everything to get paid along the way. great, now everytime this woman fails at a competition she will be compensated by her right wing simps. she's gonna be the right wings token anti woke skateboarding woman if her plan pans out. it's absolutely depressing.

baulsacc_mcvinegar

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ignorance bears more ignorance.

okay socrates lol

sk8punk110

• Rep: -39
Maybe she lost the contest because she sucks  ???
My pillowcase is made out of griptape.  That core enough for your punk ass?

sk8punk110

• Rep: -39
Darren Harpers daughter > Taylor whatshername
My pillowcase is made out of griptape.  That core enough for your punk ass?

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 17
Enough social commentary - let's see some chicks who rip!

Hastings

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Expand Quote
[close]

if you have not read it i think david baddiel's 2021 book would really resonate with you.

Maybe read Animal Farm also...