Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 59500 times)

GuessAgain?

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Is there any footage of female skaters doing tricks over picnic tables on flat?

Not sure but here’s a 14 year old back lipping Hollywood 16. Of course there are capabilities of different people, sizes, shapes. The girl currently parading around her woes is just an awful skater getting found out. A dying breed, her side hustle being swiped by a trans person should be the least of her worries. Soon she’ll be avoiding 9 year old girls at the skatepark asking her for games of s.k.a.t.e because they know she’s easy prey. It sucks to feel dated and untalented but that’s just skating for most people after their late 20s.
http://www.instagram.com/reel/CdzQNtEguvQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Monopolyman

Man. Bringing this “problem” to sensationalist news outlets that find content to feed into their predetermined narrative isn’t a way to have a discussion.

Silverman brought this discussion to Instagram, where people are having the discussion. She opened the discussion up to that public forum and is upset It’s not going her way. All for what a measly sum of money.

The interviewer keeps saying that we can’t even have a discussion but there is a discussion happening. Not just what you want to hear. The interviewer sort of avoids having an opinion on the matter by focusing on the issues of a free discussion. Man this chick is a kook. Calling skateboarding a sport and discussing the issue on national news chains that have nothing to do with skateboarding is a huge low. Real thick headed and seems ready to die on her hill as she reiterates her point and doesn’t seem open to any sort of information that doesn’t favor her talking point.

She went on some weird shit about her children (what does that have to do with anything) The hundreds of skaters that agree. Some other wild stuff was said holy shit.

Edit: what was up with the smear campaign comment? That sounded sort of paranoid. She also brought this to the attention of mass media. Weird ass conservative outlets too.

Yup, delusions of grandeur

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
Haven’t been following this thread but it’s fascinating watching an instagram skater rise from average 3k to 15k follower Alt Right media darling in a week. Gotta wonder if she’ll be addicted to the fame and branch out to more insanity hot takes to stay relevant or will fade back to obscurity after the 15 minutes and continue being an extremely mediocre skater

baulsacc_mcvinegar

• Rep: 2
Haven’t been following this thread but it’s fascinating watching an instagram skater rise from average 3k to 15k follower Alt Right media darling in a week. Gotta wonder if she’ll be addicted to the fame and branch out to more insanity hot takes to stay relevant or will fade back to obscurity after the 15 minutes and continue being an extremely mediocre skater

she's gotten basically no attention from any "core" skate brand so I'd imagine she's going to fade into obscurity as far as the skateboarding world is concerned. maybe she competes in some dumb contest funded by tim pool and ben shapiro called like The Skeptical Skateboard Competition and steven crowder interviews all the skaters

baulsacc_mcvinegar

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
She can fuck off with that Anne Frank quote. Everyone she tagged in her OG post and got to back her up would've been the ones supporting concentration camps.

I doubt any "core" brand would fuck with her now regardless of her lack of skill.

Monopolyman

Good question. 

In terms of the present, she said in her “Dont @ Me” interview with Dan Dakich she has a week full of podcasts and YouTube collaborations ahead.

Maybe she’s Nine Club’s next guest?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530

Soon, fucker
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
I’m still waiting for somebody that knows what they’re talking about to speak up.

I want to hear more women. Not male news anchors. Male internet commentators (i know. Me included) I wonder what someone that’s familiar with feminism and gender studies has to say. Skateboarders aren’t really the educated type for these complex questions as demonstrated in this thread.

Taylor’s path  and right wing media really aren’t the resources that are useful for finding an answer that Taylor supposedly seeks. As piers Morgan has said, women are inferior physically and Taylor nods and agrees to perpetuate her beliefs. Seems like tory hierarchical bullshit. Seems kinda shitty that Red Bull is dodging the issue instead of standing up for trans women as well. They can tell her no.

nothing's been the since same

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
I want to hear more women. Not male news anchors. Male internet commentators (i know. Me included) I wonder what someone that’s familiar with feminism and gender studies has to say. Skateboarders aren’t really the educated type for these complex questions as demonstrated in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-nPVCgcqOM

This is an interesting listen if you have the time. It may answer some of your questions. It's about sports not skateboarding though.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdy30iLlKBB/

Something similar happened in surfing recently.

I can’t wait this this mentality is gone. The don’t have a clue what they are talking about. Congratulations to the woman who won that surf contest.

Congratulations Sasha
(A)pl(E)

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-nPVCgcqOM

This is an interesting listen if you have the time. It may answer some of your questions. It's about sports not skateboarding though.

Cool thanks. I’ll give it a listen

nothing's been the since same

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045

This comment has big Gipper energy
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=92642.0

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -480
Pls kook me harder daddy!   ;) Must be your Daily Routine haha
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Slikk

• Rep: -33
  • im proper

I feel bad that she is this delusional, I hope she gets the help she needs.

slikk slikk

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760

Monopolyman

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
"My situation of broadcasting my grievances about LGBT people existing in my world on TV for the whole world to see and getting lots of positive attention from lots of right-wing neo-fascist media is EXACTLY the same as a little girl hiding inside her home hoping no one would find her as a right-wing/fascist party killed people similar to her and LGBT people. Anne I know exactly how you felt. Thank God for people like Piers Morgan and Alex Jones and Steve Bannon."

I've been reluctant to mention this but the Anne Frank quote is bothersome.

She has born-again vibes written all over her and her IG seems like it was groomed to present a simple narrative "good religious woman just wants to enjoy sport" as she gets her life back on track post-chest tattoo and cocaine fueled craziness.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 11:52:58 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
Could see her on Nice Club.

ilovegay

• Rep: 9
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure but here’s a 14 year old back lipping Hollywood 16. Of course there are capabilities of different people, sizes, shapes. The girl currently parading around her woes is just an awful skater getting found out. A dying breed, her side hustle being swiped by a trans person should be the least of her worries. Soon she’ll be avoiding 9 year old girls at the skatepark asking her for games of s.k.a.t.e because they know she’s easy prey. It sucks to feel dated and untalented but that’s just skating for most people after their late 20s.

That is gnarly. I am not a fan of watching skate contests, but I did watch the Olympics, and I definitely thought watching the young girls huck and get gnarly was way more entertaining than the mens skating.

ilovegay

• Rep: 9
Expand Quote
[close]

Soon, fucker

I was just asking an honest question bud. I can’t recall seeing any tricks, but I might have missed it. It would be sick to see Alexis popping a proper kick flip over one.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
The only cool thing about the Olympics was that Alexis was there.
(A)pl(E)

baulsacc_mcvinegar

someone mentioned they wanted to see gifted hater make a video on this, and while he probably won't, he mentioned it in his new video @ 6:03

https://youtu.be/ovDXibq5nNs?t=363

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That is gnarly. I am not a fan of watching skate contests, but I did watch the Olympics, and I definitely thought watching the young girls huck and get gnarly was way more entertaining than the mens skating.
man i found the olympics to be a bummer for this exact reason. watching a bunch of little kids get broke off jumping down stairs is not my idea of great sports tv.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
man i found the olympics to be a bummer for this exact reason. watching a bunch of little kids get broke off jumping down stairs is not my idea of great sports tv.
Don't mind comps really but also wasn't into the Olympics. Couldn't not wonder when it crosses the line and is just child labour/child endangerment