Author Topic: How to Prepare for Hyperinflation  (Read 1730 times)

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: How to Prepare for Hyperinflation
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2023, 12:12:29 PM »
I'm not going to read this thread, but in case this hasn't already been posted 3-4 times.  "Experts" predict recessions every single month, regardless of what's going on.  There's no way to predict what something like the economy is going to do.  If you figure it out, there's some serious money to be made in daytrading/gambling.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2023, 07:37:49 AM »
Expand Quote
I live near a river so I did that part right. Fish and forage in the nearby wooded areas. Instead of hunting, I’d probably do better trapping.
[close]

Pelts will be the currency again.
Sadly, I live in the south and climate change has shortened our cold days dramatically. No one wants pelts. They’re going to demand hand made fans for the long sweltering summer or some other needed resource.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2023, 07:40:17 AM »
Expand Quote
I live near a river so I did that part right. Fish and forage in the nearby wooded areas. Instead of hunting, I’d probably do better trapping.
[close]

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • sup dog
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1592
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2023, 06:29:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Sadly, I live in the south and climate change has shortened our cold days dramatically. No one wants pelts. They’re going to demand hand made fans for the long sweltering summer or some other needed resource.

Given that you're in the south, I highly recommend getting into distilling/making hooch/moonshine. It is shelf stable, could probably be used for disinfecting purposes, and medicinally, like back in the days where if someone needed an amputation, they could get blackout drunk to make it somewhat tolerable.

I imagine it would much more likely be used for barter than for amputations but then again... you never know.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

lulz

• Rep: 46
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2023, 09:56:44 PM »
This thread is heavy.

Was expecting something like: Stack six decks, two pairs of trucks, three sets of bearings, two sets f4 radial fulls, some thunder juices, 1/2” risers, and five packs of hardware.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=59883.14040

🙂

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2023, 05:40:57 AM »

Given that you're in the south, I highly recommend getting into distilling/making hooch/moonshine.

It is also useful as a solvent, fuel, and accelerant. For whatever reason, I’m thinking about snakeskin folding fans. And armadillo armour.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2023, 05:52:50 AM »
i'll take 3 fans, one set of armor and a small bottle of hooch. i have this special green "tobacco" to trade.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 44
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2023, 07:14:49 PM »
Get a couple nice wigs and master the art of sucking cock. It’s recession proof.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2023, 08:07:44 PM »
Instead of throwing out the big plastic bulk pet food bags which are quite durable, I have been storing them flattened in a corner of my basement. I could repurpose these for many different uses should the time come. I would much rather let the non poisonous snakes carry on killing their poisonous cousins than use them for fans.

My wife thinks I’m stockpiling stuff willynilly but there’s a method to my madness.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2023, 10:07:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Inflation in the US is at 3.1% and the FED chose not to raise rates today. Why would the dollar collapse anytime soon? Why would we experience hyperinflation?

We are still world currency, many commodities are traded in dollars, other countries have dollarized their economies to fight inflation (will it actually work for crazy man in Argentina is another question). And, even if we became a secondary currently like say the pound, the pound is still incredibly valuable.

Even Russia, whose currency has lost 50% of its value against the dollar in the last year and is fighting a 7.2% inflation rate/sanctions doesn't seem to be on track to repeat the 90s when everything fell apart.

But, where to store value if dollar collapses? Which currency do you think will retain its value or do you think all currencies will lose their value sometime soon? If you think China and Russia and Iran are going to take over the world, you can always buy rubles, yuan, and rials.
[close]

Yeah, if you believe that we are at the end of dollar hegemony - and AFAIK there are no immediate signs that such is the case - then the smart bet would be to invest in Yuans or whichever currency you suspect will supplant the dollar as the world reserve.

I'm no expert, but really I don't see any evidence for hyperinflation or a major challenge to the dollar emerging.
[close]

You don’t detect a sea change? 

Not even a blip on the radar?

I’ll never not be awed by the power of propaganda.
[close]

And I'll always be impressed with your ability to see through the matrix!
[close]

You honestly don’t see anything abnormal about what’s going on? 

I’m only accusing you of being unobservant.
[close]

What are these blips and signs you are seeing? Please enlighten us.

I want to believe
[close]

Well for starters

Btw, not trying to convince you morons of what’s right in front of your fucking faces, just trying to get a crypto billionaire to pm me.

Fake news.  You need to get help possibly or stop using the internet for this purpose. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/04/14/fact-check-federal-reserve-has-balance-sheet-9-trillion/7198368001/

https://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/coin_calprint.htm

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2023, 04:04:04 AM »
Yeah, I’d feel like a dick for turning snakes into fans or armadillos into armour. The reduce, reuse, recycle approach is certainly better. Besides, I saw this old documentary about post-apocalyptic life on the highways of Australia, and I have it on good authority that ideal armour sets will be derived from leather and sports equipment.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2023, 07:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Inflation in the US is at 3.1% and the FED chose not to raise rates today. Why would the dollar collapse anytime soon? Why would we experience hyperinflation?

We are still world currency, many commodities are traded in dollars, other countries have dollarized their economies to fight inflation (will it actually work for crazy man in Argentina is another question). And, even if we became a secondary currently like say the pound, the pound is still incredibly valuable.

Even Russia, whose currency has lost 50% of its value against the dollar in the last year and is fighting a 7.2% inflation rate/sanctions doesn't seem to be on track to repeat the 90s when everything fell apart.

But, where to store value if dollar collapses? Which currency do you think will retain its value or do you think all currencies will lose their value sometime soon? If you think China and Russia and Iran are going to take over the world, you can always buy rubles, yuan, and rials.
[close]

Yeah, if you believe that we are at the end of dollar hegemony - and AFAIK there are no immediate signs that such is the case - then the smart bet would be to invest in Yuans or whichever currency you suspect will supplant the dollar as the world reserve.

I'm no expert, but really I don't see any evidence for hyperinflation or a major challenge to the dollar emerging.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I want to believe
[close]

Well for starters

Btw, not trying to convince you morons of what’s right in front of your fucking faces, just trying to get a crypto billionaire to pm me.
[close]

Fake news.  You need to get help possibly or stop using the internet for this purpose. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/04/14/fact-check-federal-reserve-has-balance-sheet-9-trillion/7198368001/

Is you’re arguement that we didn’t physically print paper money when the government added the trillions during Covid?

I think you might not understand how “printing”
is used in terms of the Fed.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/082515/who-decides-when-print-money-us.asp#:~:text=The%20U.S.%20Federal%20Reserve%20controls%20the%20supply%20of%20money%20in,Bureau%20of%20Engraving%20and%20Printing.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2023, 09:42:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I want to believe
[close]

Well for starters

[close]

[close]

Is you’re arguement that we didn’t physically print paper money when the government added the trillions during Covid?

I think you might not understand how “printing”
is used in terms of the Fed.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/082515/who-decides-when-print-money-us.asp#:~:text=The%20U.S.%20Federal%20Reserve%20controls%20the%20supply%20of%20money%20in,Bureau%20of%20Engraving%20and%20Printing.

This article is such an obvious example of the kind of bullshit "fact checking" is; reducing an argument about the Fed producing trillions of dollars to a semantic discussion of what it means to "print" money, obsfucating whose responsibility that is, and a specific refutation of Toilet Paper USA's idiotic meme blaming Biden for what is absolutely bipartisan consensus about the money printer going "brrrrrr".
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 969
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2023, 10:10:01 AM »
Eat trash live forever
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2023, 11:15:30 AM »
i looked at the graph too fast and got carried away.  i'll sit the next couple out.  still not worried at all about hyperinflation in usa.  i get TRIGGERED when people get all crazy about the financial system and crypto cause those topics attract a lot of autistic neckbeards.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2023, 11:50:16 AM »
i looked at the graph too fast and got carried away.  i'll sit the next couple out.  still not worried at all about hyperinflation in usa.  i get TRIGGERED when people get all crazy about the financial system and crypto cause those topics attract a lot of autistic neckbeards.

Wasn’t calling you out, just saying “printing” is different.  The economy is so complex, I’m certainly not claiming to understand it.  Even the fed does not seem to.

While people might be hedging against extreme inflation, tough to know exactly how to do so, and it doesn’t seem most people are doing so to a large degree.  literally no one knows.

bartlaser

• Rep: 16
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2023, 12:05:40 PM »
Learn how to trap squirrels and grow potatoes.  And get comfortable drinking your own piss.