Author Topic: Blake Carpenter off Toy Machine  (Read 24074 times)

nitro89

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 88
Re: Blake Carpenter off Toy Machine
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2022, 12:44:28 AM »
he must be pretty tight with this crew after the mason soty trip.

so place your bets now?

Real, Skate mental, FA etc...

"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2022, 12:51:40 AM »
He seems like he would have fit on an alt Numbers roster

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2022, 01:04:40 AM »
Real was my first thought - skate mental would fit but yuck.

Uma's a neat speculation and Disorder would be embarrassing.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2022, 01:12:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Weird 10 years on Toy Machine. Got on when they were inactive, and not putting out any video content. Had one video part for them which was more or less footage not used for Trust Fall. Other than that...?

Disorder makes perfect sense. Looks like they are dropping a video soon, so we'll see.
[close]

His Dekline part really stood out to me.   Didn’t he switch 360 flip 5-0 a rail?
[close]

I'm talking specifically his tenure on Toy Machine. But also that might just go hand in hand with Toy Machine being in a sort of skateboarding wilderness for a fair chunk of his time on there. The Dekline part is a very good technical skateboard part, but to me it's just sort of got this washed Ride Channel (Raglans, Singlets, cheap sunglasses) feel to it, where nothing from that time period has aged well.

I feel like True Blue (Dekline, 2014?) aged quite well, but people associating the footage from that video as a Dekline (Tum Yeti) offering escapes a lot of people. That video pushed Blake to be a candidate for Nike (and Vans, etc.)

Toy put out quite a bit in the last 10 years while Blake was on: Programming Injection, Vaccine, Scorched Earth, and other mini projects/tour videos that he was part of.
Super Champion Fun Zone

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2022, 02:41:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Weird 10 years on Toy Machine. Got on when they were inactive, and not putting out any video content. Had one video part for them which was more or less footage not used for Trust Fall. Other than that...?

Disorder makes perfect sense. Looks like they are dropping a video soon, so we'll see.
[close]

His Dekline part really stood out to me.   Didn’t he switch 360 flip 5-0 a rail?
[close]

I'm talking specifically his tenure on Toy Machine. But also that might just go hand in hand with Toy Machine being in a sort of skateboarding wilderness for a fair chunk of his time on there. The Dekline part is a very good technical skateboard part, but to me it's just sort of got this washed Ride Channel (Raglans, Singlets, cheap sunglasses) feel to it, where nothing from that time period has aged well.
[close]

I feel like True Blue (Dekline, 2014?) aged quite well, but people associating the footage from that video as a Dekline (Tum Yeti) offering escapes a lot of people. That video pushed Blake to be a candidate for Nike (and Vans, etc.)

Toy put out quite a bit in the last 10 years while Blake was on: Programming Injection, Vaccine, Scorched Earth, and other mini projects/tour videos that he was part of.

Blake had already agreed to ride for Nike SB prior to the release of True Blue.

Programming Injection was October 2019, and the rest were after that. There was next to nothing between Brainwash (2010) and Programming Injection (2019) though. He had a 50 second welcome to the clip team (2013), and a 90 second Pro clip (2015). I guess the PUSH part could've, and should've been a Toy Machine part.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2022, 03:45:17 AM »
Kinda regret not grabbing a toy deck.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2022, 04:26:25 AM »
Staba commented his post...

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2022, 07:04:44 AM »
Always liked the guy, his part in True Blue was my favorite. In my opinion he fit well Toy Machine.

Hope he lands somewhere nice and is productive.

Lurking for the Weekend

• Rep: 0
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2022, 07:40:43 AM »
Blake's a solid guy, I've been fortunate enough to kick it with him a couple times, one of the guys that just seems to get along with everyone. Word on the street is that he's been kinda checked out on pro skating for a little while now, basically just been flow for Toy since he decided to move back home to FL in 2020 or whenever.

With that said, I wouldn't expect a huge resurgence from Blake, I think he's just going to end up somewhere that he can collect an actual paycheck for however long he decides. Good for him though, guy rips and was probably just going to get the Toy Machine phase-out treatment ala Matt B and the rest of the alumni. They also gotta make room for Braden Hoban turning pro sooner rather than later so the timing makes sense here.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2022, 08:08:19 AM »
Staba commented his post...
”some fun times ahead for sure” he’s probly referring to disorder though right?

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2022, 08:14:12 AM »
Sci Fi is my guess

quackquack

• Rep: -378
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2022, 08:37:42 AM »
Blake's a solid guy, I've been fortunate enough to kick it with him a couple times, one of the guys that just seems to get along with everyone. Word on the street is that he's been kinda checked out on pro skating for a little while now, basically just been flow for Toy since he decided to move back home to FL in 2020 or whenever.

With that said, I wouldn't expect a huge resurgence from Blake, I think he's just going to end up somewhere that he can collect an actual paycheck for however long he decides. Good for him though, guy rips and was probably just going to get the Toy Machine phase-out treatment ala Matt B and the rest of the alumni. They also gotta make room for Braden Hoban turning pro sooner rather than later so the timing makes sense here.

Blake Carpenter is now Toy Machine alumni - holy shit am I old.

I remember watching Welcome To Hell, on VHS, in my buddies basement. How many Toy-Machine's ago was that, 4?
Oh, the places you'll go.

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2022, 09:05:04 AM »

this makes the most sense to me.... so, Element

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2022, 09:13:30 AM »

This doesn't really make any sense in a world where Dan Lu is still a Toy pro... like yeah, Blake's output isn't super strong but he's unbelievably good and posts clips regularly

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2022, 09:16:47 AM »
He's been filming around orlando recently (possibly a nike part) and was still skating toy machine boards at my local 2 weeks ago

Lurking for the Weekend

« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2022, 09:58:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This doesn't really make any sense in a world where Dan Lu is still a Toy pro... like yeah, Blake's output isn't super strong but he's unbelievably good and posts clips regularly

Biggest difference is Dan Lu still travels with and has a consistent presence with the team, Blake has been on the other side of the country for a couple of years now and Toy seemingly has a "must live in LA area" rule. Toy also apparently has a "never kick dudes off" rule so guys like Dan Lu are probably safe until they get the aforementioned phase-out treatment.

Regardless, saying Blake's checked out of pro skating entirely is probably a bit hyperbolic but he's obviously checked out on the California pro skating grind... so yeah couple that with Toy Machine currently being the Long Beach all-stars and the fact that they don't really pay their riders much and it would make sense for Blake to go somewhere else and collect an actual check for awhile.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2022, 10:35:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Biggest difference is Dan Lu still travels with and has a consistent presence with the team, Blake has been on the other side of the country for a couple of years now and Toy seemingly has a "must live in LA area" rule. Toy also apparently has a "never kick dudes off" rule so guys like Dan Lu are probably safe until they get the aforementioned phase-out treatment.

Regardless, saying Blake's checked out of pro skating entirely is probably a bit hyperbolic but he's obviously checked out on the California pro skating grind... so yeah couple that with Toy Machine currently being the Long Beach all-stars and the fact that they don't really pay their riders much and it would make sense for Blake to go somewhere else and collect an actual check for awhile.

Oh sure, but when you say he's going to get the phase out treatment ala Matt B then that's a different connotation. Blake leaving makes 100% sense, Blake getting retired by Toy because he doesn't live in California even though he's their most talented rider just doesn't to me.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2022, 12:24:01 PM »
Toy also apparently has a "never kick dudes off" rule

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2022, 01:15:20 PM »
Free agent threads always bring out the most fucked takes every time. Black Carpenter on FA or Sci-Fi? Holy shit.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2022, 01:24:33 PM »
Some of these predictions are bonkers. Only thing that makes sense to me is a move for more pay and the only options I see for that are April, Primitive and (maybe) Skate Mental.

seriously...UMA?! who on earth would go there

FA, SCI FI lol were you folks born yesterday?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:37:49 PM by figureitout »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2022, 01:56:24 PM »
Free agent threads always bring out the most fucked takes every time. Black Carpenter on FA or Sci-Fi? Holy shit.

Black carpenters can have side hustles too.

Maybe KB has a crafty hobby we don’t know about.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2022, 01:57:04 PM »

Dude has been skating a ton of the parks around Florida

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2022, 05:01:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

So, former Tum Yeto pro dong post? Here’s Merlino!

[close]

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 20
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2022, 09:39:51 PM »
Damn this thread got wild quick

Lurking for the Weekend

« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2022, 10:07:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What percentage chub do we think this really is? 85%? 100%?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2022, 01:40:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

So, former Tum Yeto pro dong post? Here’s Merlino!

[close]

Want to talk about Merlino’s getting screwed- dude had more footage in jackass 4/4.5 than most of the new cast members
[close]

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2022, 06:10:47 AM »
Dude ( Nick ) was so bummed he about that god life now. 

BC has been skating a ton. Looks to be hitting a mature prime level in his skating.  Plays to his strengths and had one of the most (IMHO) impactful tricks / parts in the Nike video Constant. 

Recently at Tampa Pro had the clip of the switch tre 5-0.  Get the impression his arsenal is for reals. Not one offs.   

I like the Sci-fi move.   Sounds like jerry is doing things.  Skate mental would mean skateboard obscurity.  Real sounds like a good fit for just about anyone. 

Girl / Chocolate retirement home would allow him to not out footage out for the remainder of his career and get paid industry minimum. 

I am a fan.   
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

Fuckfaceunstoppable

• Rep: -48
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2022, 07:46:07 AM »
Bro flow and semi retirement? He rips but also isn’t super productive anymore right? Might be missing something.

His parents are super wealthy. Doesn’t really have to be productive if he doesn’t want to.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2022, 08:47:55 AM »
Where did all these Blake super fans come from? He's done two memorable tricks his whole career

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2022, 08:49:10 AM »
Where did all these Blake super fans come from? He's done two memorable tricks his whole career

Not a super fan by any means but if you watch his parts nearly every trick is insanely hard and done very well. I don't see anyone else doing switch bs 360's over bump-to-bars