Author Topic: CASPER BROOKER "CATHEDRAL"  (Read 6519 times)

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
Re: CASPER BROOKER "CATHEDRAL"
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2022, 01:10:21 AM »
not a big fan of this dude but dammit its impossible to hate on this. sick part

thats a first. casper has really good stuff in vase and in the atlantic drift videos. to each their own i guess.

4:50

the first song bummed out so much the first time i watched it lol
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:32:27 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 434
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2022, 03:39:56 AM »
Well consider my jaw dropped.

Back smith ollie out to bigspin to halfcab flip was my favourite.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2022, 05:13:12 AM »
How can you not be a fan of Casper? Full power tasteful skating...

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2022, 05:17:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How can you not be a fan of Casper? Full power tasteful skating...
Seriously, Chris Jones is such an amazing skater!

youreamug

• Rep: 22
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2022, 06:29:55 AM »
Gap stairs to ollie over the fence is a preposterous line really. This seems like it was all filmed between 8-12 AM so fair play for all the waking up

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2022, 06:41:04 AM »
Kyle Wilson and Casper bringing the south bank revival

Loved the filming on this 

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2022, 07:23:08 AM »
Well..... fuck.

Yu Dum

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2022, 07:42:37 AM »
Goddamn do I need a Casper Atlantic Drift board asap. That was fantastic.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2022, 07:59:29 AM »
That was unreal..wow

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2022, 08:00:33 AM »
would love to see a Mike Arnold and Casper Brooker video a l a Tim & Henry or LOOKS OK TO ME.
hardly art, hardly starving

Yu Dum

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2022, 08:06:53 AM »
would love to see a Mike Arnold and Casper Brooker video a l a Tim & Henry or LOOKS OK TO ME.
Throw a surprise Tom Knox part in there and you'll have one of the best skate videos of all time.

ThePeoplesChamp

• Rep: -14
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2022, 09:14:40 AM »
That was incredible. The song with the sound of his board worked perfectly too.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2022, 10:06:32 AM »

I would probably never stop crying tears of joy.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2022, 10:27:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Throw a surprise Tom Knox part in there and you'll have one of the best skate videos of all time.

From the Jacob Harris Heckride (Sept. 2021):

That’s awesome! Looking forward to that. Are there any cool future skate projects you’re currently working on?

Well at the moment we’re waiting for travel to open up again, and we already have some Atlantic Drift trips we want to do. There’s also a new Tom Knox part that should come out within the month, which I’m really excited for, that’ll be a Catfish. I’m also working on a new Casper part, sort of like the last Atlantic Drift episode with Tom. There’s also a Mike project I’m in the middle of right now too. So quite a few things in the works actually, I actually never think I’m busy until I sit down and think about it all.

So it sounds like this could have actually happened, but it got split into 3 individual parts. Can't wait for the Mike part.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2022, 10:56:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That’s awesome! Looking forward to that. Are there any cool future skate projects you’re currently working on?

Well at the moment we’re waiting for travel to open up again, and we already have some Atlantic Drift trips we want to do. There’s also a new Tom Knox part that should come out within the month, which I’m really excited for, that’ll be a Catfish. I’m also working on a new Casper part, sort of like the last Atlantic Drift episode with Tom. There’s also a Mike project I’m in the middle of right now too. So quite a few things in the works actually, I actually never think I’m busy until I sit down and think about it all.

So it sounds like this could have actually happened, but it got split into 3 individual parts. Can't wait for the Mike part.

Dear Mr. Harris,

Get those parts put back together. Please and thank you. 

p.s. Please also compile every Atlantic Drift Ep. onto a physical media and then take my money for said physical media.
hardly art, hardly starving

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2022, 11:17:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Dear Mr. Harris,

p.s. Please also compile every Atlantic Drift Ep. onto a physical media and then take my money for said physical media.

Yes please do both.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2022, 11:22:39 AM »
I want to marry that part and have many little parts with it.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2022, 12:29:54 PM »

This, P L E A S E.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2022, 12:40:03 PM »
Besides everything thats been said, that back tail to fakie into bank looked so lofty. Must have been incredibly satisfying to do.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2022, 01:23:45 PM »
His pop out of ledges always looks so good. Great part to start the day off with.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2022, 01:29:09 PM »

We demand an explanation.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

bohemian

• Rep: -319
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2022, 02:30:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you insist. i view skateboarding as an artform, its not just the tricks, it has to tick all the boxes. like painting, doesnt matter if the brushstrokes are delicate if the motiv doesnt float my boat. for skateboarding its so much to consider, tricks for sure, but equally style and how the skater dresses, or looks while doing it. spots and filming, music ans oberall presentation counts a lot too. and its not like only one formula works, again, like other artforms, its totally possible to enjoy watching leonardo and the rennesanse masters and also appriciate modern art. thats being said, i do like this part, its powerful and creative.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2022, 02:31:22 PM »
gat damn that was sick

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2022, 02:43:37 PM »
would love to see a nik stain part filmed by Jacob
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2022, 02:44:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

if you insist. i view skateboarding as an artform, its not just the tricks, it has to tick all the boxes. like painting, doesnt matter if the brushstrokes are delicate if the motiv doesnt float my boat. for skateboarding its so much to consider, tricks for sure, but equally style and how the skater dresses, or looks while doing it. spots and filming, music ans oberall presentation counts a lot too. and its not like only one formula works, again, like other artforms, its totally possible to enjoy watching leonardo and the rennesanse masters and also appriciate modern art. thats being said, i do like this part, its powerful and creative.

Right on Jerry Saltz.

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2022, 05:46:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This, P L E A S E.

I haven't bought a hardcopy version of a skate video in a good while but I would pounce on that shit in an instant.
Love Casper's skating and this part, he came off as such a good dude in his heckride interview too

quackquack

• Rep: -406
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2022, 09:18:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Talk about avoiding the question.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2022, 11:54:54 PM »
I am rarely the one going back to a video multiple times shortly after watching but saw it for the 4th time now and it just keeps getting better. Love the aesthetic of the edit, the title really makes sense. Such a well thought through and executed project. Jacob and crew are incredible. A Sylvain Tognelli part would be dope too.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2022, 12:18:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Dear Mr. Harris,

I mean he pretty obviously said himself from the start they are three separate things, no? And the Tom catfish part came out as the St. Paul’s part. This was probably the Casper part unless they have another non-Southbank one coming. And next will be Mike’s part.

An Atlantic Drift DVD of some sort seems especially necessary to do now since Jake has switched to doing projects in HD. Just cap off the vx era with a beautiful standard def hard copy we can all enjoy.

bohemian

• Rep: -319
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2022, 04:46:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Talk about avoiding the question.

i dont like his style, alright? why the hell does that need further explaining? i have nothing more to say.