Author Topic: Basement skate spots  (Read 1383 times)

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 144
Re: Basement skate spots
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2022, 06:38:33 AM »
Did you get slappies on it? Hope so!
The slap pad is funny because I was learning backside slappies on curbs when I got the pad and tried one on the banked side and it seemed impossible. After getting backside slappies on curbs for a few months I tried it again and after a slight adjustment for the bank on the slappy side of the pad, I was getting right up. I really want to try frontside slappies on it. If I fly off while trying to get into it, Ill go right into a padded wall, which canít be all bad I guess.

NewRocCity

• Rep: -4
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2022, 12:36:27 PM »
I'm so, so close.  Practicing on the slap pad definately gotten me from having no clue how to do it to basically almost all the way there-- today finally basically doing the ride up and on and getting into position.  I think my issue is my wall is brick and pretty close to the pad, and im spooking myself and not going fast enough to actually fully stand after the "slap".  So I'm sort of getting to the ride up and back truck slap then bailing.  That said, I've never gotten nearly this close and think I am almost there.  Even the feeling of actually riding up the pad like a transition is so sick.  Will get there!

NewRocCity

• Rep: -4
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2022, 02:35:58 PM »
Slap confirmed.  Not consistent yet, but so sick.  Also working on bertelssman slides on the quarter.