Author Topic: Dylan Jaeb "Hi"  (Read 9351 times)

Monopolyman

Re: Dylan Jaeb "Hi"
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2022, 05:14:31 PM »
Brethrens good but Koston and Mo were better at 17, without the perfect training grounds of today.

Not really disagreeing but Mike Mo had Skatelab

https://teampain.com/2019/01/rip-skatelab/

And Koston would skate with H-street at camps with vert ramps etc so it wasnt exactly the dark ages

But comparing him to legends like that says enough, he’s talented

BieberStance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2022, 06:10:03 PM »
Brethrens good but Koston and Mo were better at 17, without the perfect training grounds of today.

Mike mo literally had a skatepark in his backyard

marty mcfly

« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2022, 05:07:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mike mo literally had a skatepark in his backyard
It was a ledge and a tiny bank

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2022, 07:25:18 AM »
Following this dude's IG is sort of a bad idea. The shit he does in that perfect park is so incredible that it feels like there's no reason he should be doing a regular back tail bigspin, ever. Even that line with the fakie crooks's just seemed so phoned in. The only really sick trick was the fakie flip 5-0 pop out, but on his IG he's done switch flip back nosegrind pop out over and over and over, so it's really not that impressive from him anymore.

I hope he has a banger part in the Primitive video that makes this part look silly.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2022, 07:46:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

stop comparing him to mikemo. its not even close. this dude is basic. sure its clean, but very boring and unoriginal.
[close]
ya mikemo is (was) so exciting and original..
[close]

Yeah he was lol
[close]
yeah mikemo was definitely exciting when he came out, and was doing a new flavor of tech shit that wasn’t super common.
[close]

No he wasn’t. He was exactly like Jaeb. Impressive because he was young and did shit clean.
[close]

Mo did a fakie front crook fakie tre flip out in 2006... I'd say that was pretty innovative for the time.
[close]

lets think about it again… fakie front crook fakie Tre flip… I know it could be argued that its a fakie ollie to switch frontside crooked fakie Tre flip out… but when someone does a fakie 5-0 we don't call it fakie ollie switch nose grind, right? so what's a fakie ollie to switch front crooked? fakie salad maybe?

cheers from the overthinking tricks names camp

it's not overthinking man, you're just right

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Gbeerme

• Rep: -4
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2022, 07:48:43 AM »
Speaking of Mo, check his stories with Garrett Hill in full golf kit. Red Jorts, but unfortunately not red and black split leg.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2022, 12:07:15 PM »
literally cannot believe this dude is 17. incredible. can't wait to see were he goes. skating is so sick to watch already, can't believe all the loose talk in this thread. it's amazing skateboarding dudes

also very glad he didn't end up on alien longer term. that would have been a terrible fit.

Monopolyman

« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2022, 12:34:46 PM »

20:50

Pretty incredible minute plus

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2022, 09:00:43 PM »
dylan jaeb is on primitive? always has been

dude has some euro clips in 'define', y'all had me thinking he never left north county

heavy kelly slater vibes in general – child prodigy/kid's a natural etc. gonna be just as bald in like 5 years too tho
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 08:09:14 AM by huggs »

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2022, 10:06:52 PM »
Some cars go

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2022, 10:54:13 PM »
Yeah, Koston was in an era when people broke through at a young age. Mike Mo filming most of his Fully Flared part as a 15/16 year old was nuts. I think the craziest one I can think of is most of Lucas Puig's Bon Apetit part was filmed at like 14 which is absolutely insane. Most people still have some little kid style left in them at that point, and he was skating like a stylish seasoned vet.

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2022, 09:09:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
As expected.
On that high end.

Hyped to see all the goons up in here having to rectify their illogical statements about the dude being in the park too much.

Long live good skateboarding.
Long live California excellence.
[close]

shit was dry af (not the 2 minutes of hawaii mountaions)

there was no variety. just a bunch of 7 and 8 stairs and all his poods ledge tricks on butter benches. It also leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you just dump all the DC footage on us that now cant be used since he quit Also, clips with zero boards and cheech and chong boards means this footage is OLD AF. He should be putting out 3 parts like this a year with how good he is. crazy this is the first one.
[close]

You are not aware of the SOTY race and how it works nowadays, right?
[close]

Have you ever filmed a video part with your friends? not even sponsored, in your city with your crew, in the streets. With no skate park footy? most everyone i know has put out some sort of clips in the streets regardless of how good or bad they were or their age. its pretty normal to want to hit your local spots, isnt it? im just saying its weird to be this good and to not have anything under your belt. Not even a homie video or like a dope edit with a crew. No shop video. nothing like that. its really weird.

Mike Mo wouldnt have been that cool at all if his fully flared or forecast parts were all skatepark footy then the first street part that came out was a bunch of old sponsor me tape mash up crap. and Mikemo wasnt just doing the stock butter shit. He was goin crazy in the streets doing all kinds of hot new shit. Also in forecast he was 15 and was 17 when fully flared came out. And that was still the full length era when it took a couple years to put video parts out.

It exists, it's been around for a while: http://www.instagram.com/dylanjaeb/tv/CVsyUfPDCqP/?utm_medium=copy_link
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2022, 01:28:23 PM »
Some cars go
lol

primitive is a lil too on the nose and sterile. woulda been cool for him to get on a company with some actual character but still super cool to see some street footy comin from him