Author Topic: bs flips on a bank  (Read 800 times)

halfcabcrook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
bs flips on a bank
« on: May 20, 2022, 04:47:48 PM »
i been trying bs flips on this bank for a week or so. i feel like i woulda got it this session but i had to leave the park before it started raining lol. most times i just get my back foot on and my front foot lags behind the rest of my body. any tips?

https://imgur.com/a/mYLyMky

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
Re: bs flips on a bank
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 10:55:24 PM »
think more 180 and less flip

halfcabcrook

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 10:23:00 PM »
think more 180 and less flip

ive been trying it w this in mind and it actually makes a lot of sense

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 01:08:20 AM »
You definitely have the basic technique down from that attempt and just didn't commit to it. For your first few thinking more 180 and less flip isn't bad thinking at all, in fact that's how most rotation tricks work, forces you to stay over the board while it hopefully does the right thing and you can catch it vs. forcing the board to do the right thing but never really staying over it so you can't catch it.

For this specific trick though I'd recommend thinking of your first few as just a normal kickflip on flat but in the middle of you carving the bank backside. Will teach you control on the direction, timing, catch. Then when you can do them like that you can focus on a straighter approach, popping straight down and then spinning whilst just extending your leg for the flick. Front foot does quite a lot, starts the flip but also guides the ollie around and that's how eventually one 'folds' that trick - completely straight approach and ollie and then kick out at the peak as you turn your body (which starts from the head and shoulders so look where you want to land). You've got this, good luck!

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 05:59:32 PM »
Did you ever get it? Hope so!

halfcabcrook

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 04:23:47 PM »
sorry to leave you guys hanging haha

i did end up getting the trick a couple times over the summer but i wasnt happy w how it came out bc i didnt pop em

i got a good one today tho, thanks for all the advice it really helped!

https://imgur.com/a/dy2Nz9P