Author Topic: Wade D best ledge skater of all time?  (Read 7130 times)

Kanye Omari West

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
Re: Wade D best ledge skater of all time?
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2022, 03:19:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Been perusing through a lot of his Instagram compilations especially, as well as parts. It’s obviously an impossible thing to debate, but I feel as though he might be the ledge goat.

I can’t think of anyone who’s done a bigger variety of ledge tricks honestly. Often mirrored also just for the fuck of it. Seems like an endless supply and he can obviously do any trick he wants. There’s also such a vast variety and not much repetition which is what separates him from a lot of other ledge skating greats.

Not to mention the execution. Crazy fast precise flick with basically zero effort. Truly a once in a generation talent and a pleasure to watch.
[close]

PJ Ladd is better
[close]

this was also my immediate first thought
[close]

Agree.  There is an argument to be made that he’s not even the best Canadian ledge skater.  Bobby D got it if you ask me.

I'd rather watch Travis Stenger. Micky Papa is worth noting to. That's just Canada alone. 🇨🇦

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2022, 06:38:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Been perusing through a lot of his Instagram compilations especially, as well as parts. It’s obviously an impossible thing to debate, but I feel as though he might be the ledge goat.

I can’t think of anyone who’s done a bigger variety of ledge tricks honestly. Often mirrored also just for the fuck of it. Seems like an endless supply and he can obviously do any trick he wants. There’s also such a vast variety and not much repetition which is what separates him from a lot of other ledge skating greats.

Not to mention the execution. Crazy fast precise flick with basically zero effort. Truly a once in a generation talent and a pleasure to watch.
[close]

PJ Ladd is better
[close]

[close]

Agree.  There is an argument to be made that he’s not even the best Canadian ledge skater.  Bobby D got it if you ask me.
[close]

I'd rather watch Travis Stenger. Micky Papa is worth noting to. That's just Canada alone. 🇨🇦

Travis Stenger really had it all - NBDs AND amazing style. Atheltic as fuck.
Russ Milligan too
I feel like that type of skating was not as popular back then as it is now. That was sort of the tail end of that handrail send era. Those guys were doing stuff Tiago Llemos does like 10 years ahead of its time.

IpathCats

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2022, 06:45:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

PJ Ladd is better
[close]

[close]

[close]

Are you saying you would rather watch Micky Papa than Wade D? Or just Travis Stenger?

Side note, my lady and I always make stupid voices and say micky papa's name when we hear it announced during contests.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2022, 06:48:39 AM »
We going time machine with this comparison or dominance within their era?  Overall? 

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2022, 06:53:18 AM »
micky obviously a great skater but he just doesnt have that same vision with his spot and trick selection, not even touching on the personality side of it.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2022, 08:32:24 AM »
Expand Quote

The real shit is that PJ did all this stuff on a street ledge 20 years before with absolutely no reference.

[close]

This statement is wrong. Pj and Eli didn’t develop in a bubble. Those two being the best of what we had to offer.

Today there’s kids in Boston reaching that level.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2022, 08:48:50 AM »
micky obviously a great skater but he just doesnt have that same vision with his spot and trick selection, not even touching on the personality side of it.
I mean clearly wade over mickey popa lol, but its not like wade has a very inspired trick or spot selection either.

honestly ever since he started doing that dumb little leg bow thing after almost every trick I've been pretty over his skating.

But like everyone else said wades great but very far from best ledge skater ever.

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2022, 11:06:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I mean clearly wade over mickey popa lol, but its not like wade has a very inspired trick or spot selection either.

honestly ever since he started doing that dumb little leg bow thing after almost every trick I've been pretty over his skating.

But like everyone else said wades great but very far from best ledge skater ever.

I was gonna say this about Wade D and Tom Asta. Theres nothing really extra special happening other than buttery ledge tricks with dope style. Same with shane. its always just some perfect sunny spot and just some fucking amazing trick in some super colorful outfit. its all very contrived.

Its weird to me that its this hard to justify PJ in this conversation...

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2022, 11:36:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The real shit is that PJ did all this stuff on a street ledge 20 years before with absolutely no reference.

[close]
[close]

This statement is wrong. Pj and Eli didn’t develop in a bubble. Those two being the best of what we had to offer.

nobody still has touched his shit other than suciu tribute post. thats the closest anyone has come this whole time and suciu is ASS compared to PJ.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2022, 03:16:11 PM »
Honestly i'd say that school where he does the super long noseblunt was a better spot. that place looked fucking perfect! is that in MA?

that's in Miami actually. there's a surprising amount of footage from the South in WHL, they seemed to be traveling a decent bit for a shop team. or maybe it was all one trip idk but there's a lot of Atlanta, Miami, etc. in there

c-dock

• Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2022, 06:38:31 PM »
Just wanna use this thread to shoutout Brian Panebianco. Can watch that dude skate ledges all day

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2022, 09:23:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

PJ Ladd is better
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Are you saying you would rather watch Micky Papa than Wade D? Or just Travis Stenger?

Side note, my lady and I always make stupid voices and say micky papa's name when we hear it announced during contests.

That was all in response to Bobby. Micky isn't my favorite skater by any means but I think his ledge tech skills deserve some props.

pantoufle

• Rep: -9
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2022, 09:31:47 AM »
wade d, carlos ribeiro, tom asta

conqueso

« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2022, 09:36:08 AM »
p-rod deserves a mention before a lot of these guys. one of the first skaters really holding on to tricks proper across a whole ledge. everyone else was just tapping the end a la suciu

quackquack

• Rep: -410
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2022, 10:39:45 AM »
p-rod deserves a mention before a lot of these guys. one of the first skaters really holding on to tricks proper across a whole ledge. everyone else was just tapping the end a la suciu

I agree on this one.

This isn't an amazing part, but it does show off his ledge skills. Skating starts at 1:00.

Oh, the places you'll go.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2022, 03:17:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree on this one.

This isn't an amazing part, but it does show off his ledge skills. Skating starts at 1:00.

P Rodriguez without a doubt need props as well. His nothing but the truth part really showed his growth. Also forecast he's doing switch flip into grinds on the top of bleachers in lines. Switch flip in flip out shit was a lot more rare before he came through and it's still rare now. Plus it was always straight butter.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2022, 04:41:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

nobody still has touched his shit other than suciu tribute post. thats the closest anyone has come this whole time and suciu is ASS compared to PJ.

nah you’re right. I was kinda tripping.
You’d have to combine like 3 or 4 kids to equal a pj probably.

Then there the style and speed factor I didn’t think about.

I still have faith tho.

No one will ever have lines like Pj tho
(A)pl(E)

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 730
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2022, 05:41:05 PM »
Wade D, Primitive vid: last part or last part?

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2022, 07:08:07 PM »
even PJ isn’t really PJ anymore

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2022, 08:36:26 AM »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2022, 10:39:26 AM »
What a great tv show. I’ve heard some creepy things about the hosts tho.

I can’t remember his name but there’s a Brazilian legend who used to be on this channel from time to time.
He’s about my age maybe a little younger. Tall Long curly hair. I looked him up on here and they was skating hills with the host. Kid took on the hill and ate shit still they ran the slam.

If you know the name of the legend you should post it. Slap pals should be aware of a style king.
(A)pl(E)

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 730
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2022, 11:09:33 AM »

sounds like they're playing on an old filing cabinet.

Silent Bob.

• Rep: 67
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2022, 11:33:26 AM »
I feel like some of the Stalin square locals should factor heavily into this conversation, starting with Petr Horvat and moving on from there

Also need to mention Javier S - lines starting with flip bs nose blunt fakie then switch bs nose blunt about 20 years ago