Author Topic: Wade D best ledge skater of all time?  (Read 7059 times)

Steve Kelly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -227
Wade D best ledge skater of all time?
« on: May 21, 2022, 02:13:48 AM »
Been perusing through a lot of his Instagram compilations especially, as well as parts. It’s obviously an impossible thing to debate, but I feel as though he might be the ledge goat.

I can’t think of anyone who’s done a bigger variety of ledge tricks honestly. Often mirrored also just for the fuck of it. Seems like an endless supply and he can obviously do any trick he wants. There’s also such a vast variety and not much repetition which is what separates him from a lot of other ledge skating greats.

Not to mention the execution. Crazy fast precise flick with basically zero effort. Truly a once in a generation talent and a pleasure to watch.

Skimper

• Rep: -64
Re: Wade D best ledge skater of all time?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 02:33:53 AM »
Been perusing through a lot of his Instagram compilations especially, as well as parts. It’s obviously an impossible thing to debate, but I feel as though he might be the ledge goat.

I can’t think of anyone who’s done a bigger variety of ledge tricks honestly. Often mirrored also just for the fuck of it. Seems like an endless supply and he can obviously do any trick he wants. There’s also such a vast variety and not much repetition which is what separates him from a lot of other ledge skating greats.

Not to mention the execution. Crazy fast precise flick with basically zero effort. Truly a once in a generation talent and a pleasure to watch.

PJ Ladd is better
Shalom

marty mcfly

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 02:34:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

PJ Ladd is better
and shane

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 03:28:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

PJ Ladd is used to be better

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 03:43:00 AM »
Lucas Puig, Shane O'Neil, Paul Rodriguez, Marc Johnson, Mike mo, Dennis busenitz, mark suciu, cory kennedy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 04:25:44 AM by Mean salto »

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 04:00:31 AM »
Shane might be the most technically proficient of all time.  Skill and style combination though - AVE or Wenning for me

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 05:40:17 AM »

I can appreciate the fanboy-ism here.  Out side of this, you deserve to be strapped to a chair and forced to watch videos starting with mouse up thru the most recent sour solution III.  Your perspective must and will change.

In the paraphrased words of the great Pat Beverly, “delete the app, throw your phone away, retire from the sport, and evaluate your life.”

Edit.  I would add that Wade would not crack the top 10 historically. 
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 06:07:53 AM »
Pj

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 06:25:34 AM »
Bobby/ Hjalte

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2022, 06:27:57 AM »
Tom Asta?

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2022, 06:30:33 AM »
If style factors into the equation, then Wade D won skateboarding fifteen years ago already.

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 06:35:15 AM »
Tom Asta?

He’s up there for sure.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2022, 06:41:14 AM »
He'd probably get skunked numerous times in that Brazil ledge skate shit..

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 07:08:01 AM »
PJ.

pro club blanks

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2022, 07:41:36 AM »
Hes up there, im not mad at him being in the discussion

IpathCats

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2022, 09:32:36 AM »
Super subjective, I'd rather watch wade d skate a ledge than Shane O'Neill, but I feel like Shane is technically better.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2022, 10:07:48 AM »
Patrick John Ladd

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2022, 10:37:27 AM »
Stevie or Kalis gotta be in the conversation

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2022, 10:58:15 AM »
Fred Gall

Id like to throw Tim O Connor In there. He was one of my favorite ledge styles. Backside flip fakie 5 oh pop out.

So fire.

Pj wins I think but I’d like to mention David Milliken. I feel like if you luv ledges you should be told about D Milli.

Kalis. Henry.

Tiago obviously. Stevie. Ave. Umm… Chris Roberts…

I’ll try to think of more later 

(These are all based more on style than bag o tricks)
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2022, 11:03:51 AM »
Fred Gall

Id like to throw Tim O Connor In there. He was one of my favorite ledge styles. Backside flip fakie 5 oh pop out.

So fire.

Pj wins I think but I’d like to mention David Milliken. I feel like if you luv ledges you should be told about D Milli.

Kalis. Henry.

Tiago obviously. Stevie. Ave. Umm… Chris Roberts

I’ll try to think of more later 

(These are all based more on style than bag o tricks)

lmaooooo

conqueso

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2022, 11:21:57 AM »
stephen lawyer

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -227
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2022, 12:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can appreciate the fanboy-ism here.  Out side of this, you deserve to be strapped to a chair and forced to watch videos starting with mouse up thru the most recent sour solution III.  Your perspective must and will change.

In the paraphrased words of the great Pat Beverly, “delete the app, throw your phone away, retire from the sport, and evaluate your life.”

Edit.  I would add that Wade would not crack the top 10 historically.

I’ve been a skate nerd since we’ll before mouse came out so you’re barking up the wrong tree there.

Appreciate all the responses! Some good ones in there for sure. I’m still sticking with Wade though, mainly based on the massive variety of tricks over the past 20 years.

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2022, 01:15:29 PM »
Ronnie Creager has some beautiful ledge footage!!

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2022, 01:38:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

PJ Ladd is better

this was also my immediate first thought
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2022, 02:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

PJ Ladd is better
[close]

this was also my immediate first thought

Agree.  There is an argument to be made that he’s not even the best Canadian ledge skater.  Bobby D got it if you ask me. 
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

PistachiYo

• Rep: 14
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2022, 03:01:38 PM »
Javier Sarmiento

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2022, 03:59:48 PM »
Wenning has the most swag on the ledges

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2022, 04:56:00 PM »
Mariano needs to be mentioned.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2022, 05:01:53 PM »
Jesus Fernandez has done some pretty bonkers ledgework.

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2022, 07:11:07 PM »
His titanic levels of OCD-grade white boy swagger should be enough of an accolade, let’s not get greedy