Author Topic: What happened to Les Blobys?  (Read 1894 times)

sprained_ankle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
What happened to Les Blobys?
« on: December 27, 2022, 09:42:22 AM »

Did they just get older and stop filming for fun? Similar to Johnny Wilson crew?
hi,am new here

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 6
Re: What happened to Les Blobys?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 09:49:58 AM »
supreme

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 10:03:27 AM »

Did they just get older and stop filming for fun? Similar to Johnny Wilson crew?

Johnny Wilson crew?    You mean Limosine?   Or the ones that went to Hockey

sprained_ankle

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 11:29:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Johnny Wilson crew?    You mean Limosine?   Or the ones that went to Hockey

Johnny Wilson crew a.k.a Most Productive Crew in New York Skateboarding. It was mostly guys from 917, now they are on Limosine and FA/Hockey. No more homey edits, just stuff for the sponsors now.

https://quartersnacks.com/2015/09/rack-anotherone-from-the-still-reigning-most-productive-crew-in-new-york-skateboarding/
hi,am new here

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 11
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 12:16:45 PM »
Well, most of them are either on Polar or Hockey. Some are on other companies less known ( the National)...
Hence,  their footage goes to their main sponsors.
Also, Adrien was the main guy filming them, and he is a professionnal filmer,  so i guess he must work on specific projects.
Ben Chadourne was also one of the dudes whose filming shed some light on the Blobbys and he's mainly busy with projects for Cons or other companies...

sprained_ankle

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 12:40:16 PM »
Well, most of them are either on Polar or Hockey. Some are on other companies less known ( the National)...
Hence,  their footage goes to their main sponsors.
Also, Adrien was the main guy filming them, and he is a professionnal filmer,  so i guess he must work on specific projects.
Ben Chadourne was also one of the dudes whose filming shed some light on the Blobbys and he's mainly busy with projects for Cons or other companies...

Thank you. I was hoping to get an answer like this.
hi,am new here

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 06:12:46 PM »
I think of the Mômes vids as sort of taking place of the Blobys. Like the lil homies of Blobys crew started their own thing.

That's prob not a good a description but their vids have a few familiar faces from Blobys vids so I guess that's how I've categorized it and filled sorta filled in the blanks in my mind. Vids/skating/merch seem to have similar sensibilities to Blobys as well.
Maybe someone who knows the Paris scene can offer better insight?

A Mômes edit, for reference:

A fun Blobys edit just bcuz:

sprained_ankle

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 08:29:24 PM »
I think of the Mômes vids as sort of taking place of the Blobys. Like the lil homies of Blobys crew started their own thing.

That's prob not a good a description but their vids have a few familiar faces from Blobys vids so I guess that's how I've categorized it and filled sorta filled in the blanks in my mind. Vids/skating/merch seem to have similar sensibilities to Blobys as well.
Maybe someone who knows the Paris scene can offer better insight?

A Mômes edit, for reference:

A fun Blobys edit just bcuz:

never heard of Momes but damn that last guy was killing it. Thanks for sharing.
hi,am new here

usehername720

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 02:23:34 AM »
The Sensibles vid by James Cruickshank has most of the Blobys/Momes dudes in it, but I think the Blobys fell apart just cuz some of the crew got further than others and it’s probably hard to film vids as a crew when people are traveling for videos for their own respective sponsors. Feel like some of them also got older and/or got over skating , but that’s just my reasonable assumption from the outside looking in

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 04:31:05 AM »
I have a nice story about them

It was winter 2015, I flew my southamerican ass to europe and got to visit Paris, right before traveling a good friend told me the republique plaza was rebuilt and had some awesome ledges to skate, that I had to go there. It rained the first 2 days then next morning it was dry, cold as fuck, but dry. I went skating to the plaza  on those fun asphalt curbs and sidewalks the have in the city, it was brand new stone (marble maybe or granite?) all over it, I skated the ledges alone for some time, warmed up and dudes started coming in, some of them were rippin straight on. I asked for directions to get some coffe and that lead to smoke some and then film a few of the dudes with my gopro, I even got a line  ;D
Eventualy a dude with a camera and a photographer got into the bench and guys were ready to leave to skate street. Someone told me if I wanted to go with them, I said fuck yeah. I didn't knew who they were, but they were amazing skaters they got some really good fs wallrides, nosepick nosegrind over there, crooked some weird spot and a dude got a gnarly fs 5-0 on a fucked up tall window, with photo and video on a vx1000 type-of-camera by a filmer with blonde curly hair, really fun to talk to.
We ended the session at the skateshop Nozbone, bought some tshirt and mags and this nice chill dude Remy gave me bolts, stickers, grip, and whatever he could find for free. Said bye to everyone and left to get the metro in the cold ass night. While on the metro i start seeing THE DUDES IVE JUST SKATED WITH on ADS!? I learned on my way back to the hostel those were remy taveira, roman gonzalez, kevin rodriguez, adrien the filmer and alex pires the photographer and they were all over the mags.
Its one of my most memorable skate sessions ever, heres a 15 sec clip from the time:

« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 04:53:05 AM by mooraga »

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2022, 09:06:54 AM »

this came out this year...

usehername720

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2022, 10:06:16 AM »
I have a nice story about them

It was winter 2015, I flew my southamerican ass to europe and got to visit Paris, right before traveling a good friend told me the republique plaza was rebuilt and had some awesome ledges to skate, that I had to go there. It rained the first 2 days then next morning it was dry, cold as fuck, but dry. I went skating to the plaza  on those fun asphalt curbs and sidewalks the have in the city, it was brand new stone (marble maybe or granite?) all over it, I skated the ledges alone for some time, warmed up and dudes started coming in, some of them were rippin straight on. I asked for directions to get some coffe and that lead to smoke some and then film a few of the dudes with my gopro, I even got a line  ;D
Eventualy a dude with a camera and a photographer got into the bench and guys were ready to leave to skate street. Someone told me if I wanted to go with them, I said fuck yeah. I didn't knew who they were, but they were amazing skaters they got some really good fs wallrides, nosepick nosegrind over there, crooked some weird spot and a dude got a gnarly fs 5-0 on a fucked up tall window, with photo and video on a vx1000 type-of-camera by a filmer with blonde curly hair, really fun to talk to.
We ended the session at the skateshop Nozbone, bought some tshirt and mags and this nice chill dude Remy gave me bolts, stickers, grip, and whatever he could find for free. Said bye to everyone and left to get the metro in the cold ass night. While on the metro i start seeing THE DUDES IVE JUST SKATED WITH on ADS!? I learned on my way back to the hostel those were remy taveira, roman gonzalez, kevin rodriguez, adrien the filmer and alex pires the photographer and they were all over the mags.
Its one of my most memorable skate sessions ever, heres a 15 sec clip from the time:

Beautiful

I’ve only skated republique for a week but it’s my favorite spot of all time, every dude I talked to there was really chill and the spot itself is perfect in terms of obstacle variability/quality and location. I remember Stanley Pradel (the dude on Yardsale who does the crazy pressure tricks and skates in asics running shoes) specifically being really down to earth and nice.