Author Topic: Dilo of Almost  (Read 6622 times)

FrenchSkater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
Re: Dilo of Almost
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2023, 11:41:45 AM »
I hope it rolls for baker or deathwish ! He often skates with the team and rides for shake junt  :P

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2023, 11:46:36 AM »
Jacuzzi Casanova

beug

• Rep: 3
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2023, 02:13:09 PM »
he good but not enough swag for a significant upgrade in sponsors

has anyone that's worn these gone on to have mainstream success in the skating industry ?

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2023, 02:46:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ya'll are being facetious right? This is the same guy who landed on the illustrious Hours Is Yours after buying Lakai's, and nobody wanting him before Almost gave him a spot at the age of 26.
[close]

"Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me"

Everyone that's made it had a time where they weren't shit, I don't know how his previous flow status struggles are relevant now
[close]

Well, Adidas told him they had no plans for him while he was pro for Almost and nobody came calling for a while after that until he got the call from Herman, and with all due respect to Herman and his business ventures but that isn't exactly saying much.

Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see a Ryan Lay esque sponsor upgrade for him at this stage of his career.

I do see your point and that makes a lot of sense. But just 2 years ago he was one of the top contenders for SOTY. He dropped a part for all of his sponsors that year like 4-5. Looks like he’s recovered from his injury and getting right back into the swing of things. I’m sure he’s sitting on some footy. Maybe he won’t land some top tier sponsors but I don’t see him fizzling away. Who knows maybe he’ll end up on Santa Cruz or start a YouTube channel.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2023, 05:03:05 PM »
El Dee likes him. I remember him saying that on 9 club. I think Chocolate would be a good place if Baker ain't going to happen.

I like April but to be honest I don't know much about that brand. I just watched the parts and didn't look back again.

Baker is always in my life. I can watch those videos over and over and over. They speak my language.

Baker I feel could strengthen with more Venture Posse.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2023, 05:11:15 PM »
Would fit on Krooked

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2023, 05:15:28 PM »
Would fit on Krooked

I almost feel like he's more Grimpley if dlx. Krooked as a second choice followed by Real and definitely not 18.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

RoughStylin

• Rep: 33
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2023, 05:23:49 PM »
Thank You

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2023, 12:04:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ya'll are being facetious right? This is the same guy who landed on the illustrious Hours Is Yours after buying Lakai's, and nobody wanting him before Almost gave him a spot at the age of 26.
[close]

"Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me"

Everyone that's made it had a time where they weren't shit, I don't know how his previous flow status struggles are relevant now
[close]

Well, Adidas told him they had no plans for him while he was pro for Almost and nobody came calling for a while after that until he got the call from Herman, and with all due respect to Herman and his business ventures but that isn't exactly saying much.

Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see a Ryan Lay esque sponsor upgrade for him at this stage of his career.

I mean shoe sponsors are tough in general let alone someone like Adidas... I'm not saying he's going to land a homerun sponsor but someone will pick him up, I'm sure

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 115
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2023, 12:19:09 PM »
If this guy is this out of luck sponsor wise, the skate industry is in a weird, overly superficial place. His skills are undeniable and he’s fun to watch.

work_lurker

• Rep: 69
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2023, 02:16:54 PM »
Thank You

You're welcome! Lot of rude manners round these parts.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.