Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 174445 times)

Lowcalcium

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2022, 02:04:58 PM »
Who does better kickflips, Mikey Alfred or Jonah Hill?

I still have never seen video evidence of Jonah Hill doing a kickflip...only that sketchy photograph. Until he releases video evidence, I don't believe it.

P.S. Moneyball is great movie

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2022, 02:09:39 PM »
I've got one of the griddle made cast iron situations that's flat on one side and has the grill grates/grooves on the other side. Have really only ever used the non-flat side for like bulgogi or fajitas and even then it didn't add much.

now I really  want some bimbap with Sigumchi Namul, kimchi, gochujang, and bulgogi.... and of course some raw egg. 

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2022, 02:19:21 PM »
ever since I can remember as a kid, we had a set of the light blue Le Creuset pots/pans that I believe my parents got for their wedding, years before I was even born.  I was born in 1973.  Here it is, 2022, and I STILL have the dutch oven and a a saucepan from that original set - they're over 50 years old and still are the best cookware I've ever had. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2022, 02:27:38 PM »
I found a le creuset small size Dutch oven at a thrift store for $6.00 and it’s in great shape, def top 5 thrift finds

Hella confused by the dude who said he doesn’t know what to cook on it because he doesn’t eat meat. I use my cast iron to make bomb vegetables! Start low with oil until they get softish and then crank high at the end when you drop some butter in and let ‘em get a little charred. Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ are a company that pretended to have hype around them. Honest opinion. Nobody ever cared.
p-shuvs and v-flips

manysnakes

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2022, 02:40:41 PM »
You don't need to eat meat to love cast iron. I've been vegetarian for ~25 years and I use my cast iron at least once a day to cook eggs. If I were scrambling tofu, I'd use the same pan in the same way. Anything you cook in a pan, you can cook with cast iron!

What are everyone's thoughts on "Ceramic" coated pans? It seems like ceramic in this case is a misnomer and there's still a polymer coating being applied to the pan, but it's incredibly hard to get a straight answer about what "ceramic" is supposed to mean here. They claim to be PFOA-free, but we all know that we're ~10-15 years away from finding that whichever polymer we are told was safe to be lowering our sperm counts to 0. In my case, we bought some Costco Ceramic pans. They work well enough, but definitely leave me wondering.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2022, 04:22:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any new Lodge pans seem to take forever to get seasoned right but they're fucking great when you get 'em broken in.
[close]

Just skip the intermediate Lodge phase of cast iron ownership and get the Le Creuset Signature Skillet. The 10 1/4” is what I use to cook almost everything. There’s no pan I’ve ever owned that I love and use more. If I lost it today, I'd buy another one at retail tomorrow.
[close]

I ain’t got la creuset money but I’d love one. I agree with you on the bacon thing tho. I’ve found just greasing it heavily with lard and then baking it at 450 for 30 min when you first get a new one is actually pretty great. Carmelized onions is genius too. It’s hard to get away from lodge sometimes cause you can get them for so cheap at target.

The grill pan is great for stuff like chicken and skirt steaks where you want better char and live in apartment that doesn’t allow grills tho . Plus they the reversible ones so you can just pre heat it in the oven and have a great place to do smash burgers and pancakes!
[close]

I totally understand. I was fortunate to score mine at a thrift store, but I see even used ones sell for $100 or more now, where they used to be $40-60. If you can ever afford it, it’s absolutely money well spent and will last you a lifetime.

You're right. It might be time to just step up for one of their Dutch ovens. Gonna own it for life so might as well.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -227
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2022, 04:43:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any new Lodge pans seem to take forever to get seasoned right but they're fucking great when you get 'em broken in.
[close]

Just skip the intermediate Lodge phase of cast iron ownership and get the Le Creuset Signature Skillet. The 10 1/4” is what I use to cook almost everything. There’s no pan I’ve ever owned that I love and use more. If I lost it today, I'd buy another one at retail tomorrow.
[close]

I ain’t got la creuset money but I’d love one. I agree with you on the bacon thing tho. I’ve found just greasing it heavily with lard and then baking it at 450 for 30 min when you first get a new one is actually pretty great. Carmelized onions is genius too. It’s hard to get away from lodge sometimes cause you can get them for so cheap at target.

The grill pan is great for stuff like chicken and skirt steaks where you want better char and live in apartment that doesn’t allow grills tho . Plus they the reversible ones so you can just pre heat it in the oven and have a great place to do smash burgers and pancakes!
[close]

I totally understand. I was fortunate to score mine at a thrift store, but I see even used ones sell for $100 or more now, where they used to be $40-60. If you can ever afford it, it’s absolutely money well spent and will last you a lifetime.
[close]

You're right. It might be time to just step up for one of their Dutch ovens. Gonna own it for life so might as well.

I own one and it’s amazing. You get a workout just washing it.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2022, 04:55:36 PM »
I have a standard cast iron pan and my housemate has the slightly bigger version. I'm not a meat eater but I still cook damn near everything in them. Stir fries, eggs, curry, whatever you name it. I've never hit mine with soap and I rarely even use water on them. If what I cooked isn't super caked on or sticky, I'll pour some sea salt on it and rub it down with a paper towel. Then dump all the dirty salt in the trash. It'll scrape off whatever's on it and leave the seasoning looking good.

My other housemate isn't a great cook and more importantly isn't confident in their cooking. They make it a point to never touch our cast iron pans which is kinda funny but something I've always appreciated.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2022, 05:05:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I still have never seen video evidence of Jonah Hill doing a kickflip...only that sketchy photograph. Until he releases video evidence, I don't believe it.

Have we seen Mikey Alfred do a kickflip or any tricks whatsoever or even stand on a skateboard?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2022, 05:12:51 PM »
Although I think it’s sick when skateboarders don’t dress like skateboarders, he’s doing too much. It almost looks like he’s doing a very committed Raphael Saadiq parody.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2022, 05:45:27 PM »
Although I think it’s sick when skateboarders don’t dress like skateboarders, he’s doing too much. It almost looks like he’s doing a very committed Raphael Saadiq parody.

Hilarious

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2022, 05:45:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m actually a big fan of Jonah Hill’s movies but that whole exchange around the time of Mid 90’s was super awkward.  I think everyone was genuinely excited when he kept talking about how much skating meant to him growing up and how much he loved skating then trying to find any evidence of him actually skating or having any skating ability seemed to require an FBI investigation to produce.  How easy would it have been to hop on a board and do a pop shuvit or something to prove your authenticity and get everyone excited if skating was really that big of a part of your life…

Back to Illegal Civ - the latest Thrasher says something about “Illegal Civ on hold?” - where does that fit into all of this   

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2022, 07:06:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well Tim Robinson (SNL, Detroiters, Ithink You Should Leave) can definitely skate

http://www.instagram.com/reel/Cd6x_ObF6vn/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y

Linking it not working
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 08:03:12 PM by Atiba Applebum »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2022, 07:28:07 PM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • S&H
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2022, 07:38:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, one part of my divorce that was bullshit was I lost a 4 piece to her and she rarely cooked

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2022, 07:54:12 PM »
You don't need to eat meat to love cast iron. I've been vegetarian for ~25 years and I use my cast iron at least once a day to cook eggs. If I were scrambling tofu, I'd use the same pan in the same way. Anything you cook in a pan, you can cook with cast iron!

What are everyone's thoughts on "Ceramic" coated pans? It seems like ceramic in this case is a misnomer and there's still a polymer coating being applied to the pan, but it's incredibly hard to get a straight answer about what "ceramic" is supposed to mean here. They claim to be PFOA-free, but we all know that we're ~10-15 years away from finding that whichever polymer we are told was safe to be lowering our sperm counts to 0. In my case, we bought some Costco Ceramic pans. They work well enough, but definitely leave me wondering.

What's your tofu scramble recipe? I use nutritional yeast, paprika and tumeric + some veggies but wanna hear some other recipes.

manysnakes

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2022, 09:13:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's your tofu scramble recipe? I use nutritional yeast, paprika and tumeric + some veggies but wanna hear some other recipes.

Been a decade since I made it, but I always used this.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2022, 10:42:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well Tim Robinson (SNL, Detroiters, Ithink You Should Leave) can definitely skate

Linking it not working

Yeah he skates with Whitmer Thomas, Douggpound and Spanky a bit

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2022, 12:32:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Linking it not working
[close]

Whitmer and the worble guys seem like an organic LA fit, as does Jonah meeting the FA/supreme guys on Fairfax…I just wonder how Tim got involved with atiba and all these dudes to start skating.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2022, 03:02:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Linking it not working
[close]

[close]

Whitmer and the worble guys seem like an organic LA fit, as does Jonah meeting the FA/supreme guys on Fairfax…I just wonder how Tim got involved with atiba and all these dudes to start skating.

Tim skated already when he was younger. Tim is longtime friends with Blake Anderson who hangs out with Atiba, hence the connection with Atiba/Spanky crew. 

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2022, 04:42:34 AM »
I've got a couple of cast iron camp ovens and a fry pan that I use for when I'm camping. It's great being able to put them straight onto the coals of a campfire.

Here I am cooking a stew and some mushrooms :

My partner has a Le Creuset dutch oven. It's enamel coated caste iron. I love cooking with it. It's so versatile. We use it for stews, soups, roasts, baking bread etc
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2022, 06:49:47 AM »

Yeah I get that a regular cast iron pan can be versatile, and I’m especially interested in one now for omelettes because apparently that is the secret, but I was specifically talking about the grooved grill one I have, which I can’t see any other use for except searing nice stripes into something. Maybe I could sear some eggplant or zuccini on it, idk
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

sk8punk110

• Rep: -39
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2022, 07:13:41 AM »
Tyshawns about to steal that whole team  8)
They can keep em
My pillowcase is made out of griptape.  That core enough for your punk ass?

quackquack

• Rep: -438
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2022, 08:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yeah I get that a regular cast iron pan can be versatile, and I’m especially interested in one now for omelettes because apparently that is the secret, but I was specifically talking about the grooved grill one I have, which I can’t see any other use for except searing nice stripes into something. Maybe I could sear some eggplant or zuccini on it, idk

Those grooves are great when trying to get char on items with a high-moisture content. All the juice drips away from the contact points.

Red bell peppers is a great case, as is your eggyplant or zuc's.

One of my favorite uses is to make charred green onion puree. Char the green onions and blend them up with salt and olive oil. It's great with raw/cooked beef, on sandwiche, w/e.
Oh, the places you'll go.

E

• Rep: 15
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2022, 08:42:48 AM »
How do I post a video from my phone? I have evidence of Mikey Day skating.

E

• Rep: 15
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2022, 09:15:28 AM »

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2022, 09:18:38 AM »
Enjoy, Pals:

https://imgur.com/a/REMN1Se
whoa who could've known he'd have such forced style

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 104
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2022, 09:23:47 AM »
Enjoy, Pals:

https://imgur.com/a/REMN1Se

Wow that was sick! No hands on the ground the kid's a natural

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2022, 09:24:47 AM »
goddammit y'all sparked my interest in cast iron pans. might have to get one soon, where do I even start? lmao

FROTHY

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2022, 09:40:03 AM »
I recently threw out some of my nonstick pans and started using nice stainless ones, like this:

I also don't cook with any seed oils, just butter or ghee. Stainless and butter works perfectly, but I also respect the cast iron flow.