Author Topic: Gary Vee on the nine club  (Read 6623 times)

Huell Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
Re: Gary Vee on the nine club
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2022, 10:30:58 PM »
Will watch and keep an open mind. I think a lot of people on here have a pretty wrong impression of the guy and might actually be surprised if they’d listen. I get the hate as well a bit, but it’s pretty funny how hard people go against these types of personalities and frankly a lot of things non skate related. You can usually get some value from some different areas of life and it’s not like this show isn’t 99.5% skate related anyways. Good for them if they want to broaden their audience a bit.

The “self-made” grindin 24/7 no days off every moment in life is a business opportunity greasy type of personality? That shit is so tired, played out, and gross... Of course it’s good to have interests outside of skating but I think you’re forgetting that this “was” a skateboarding podcast/show. They should start another podcast if they wanna do weird Mikey taylor shit

bohemian

• Rep: -312
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2022, 10:48:21 PM »
mygawd i hate this dude with a passion

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2022, 11:38:59 PM »
just pretend this didn’t happen and go watch the dave swift episode instead if you haven’t.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2022, 12:20:42 AM »
Y'all wanna be keyboard warriors and It's like shut up we're trying to teach you about money- a non direct quote from the nine club in general a couple weeks back

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2022, 12:28:24 AM »
That’s a no for me. If the guest is good I’ll give it a shot but most episodes I still can’t overlook lazy Roberts is and how hard Kelly Hart tries to sound prolific when talking about skateboarding. I can’t imagine watching his brain break trying to talk to this dude about “adding value.”

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2022, 02:13:40 AM »
Ciao nine club
check my music

bohemian

• Rep: -312
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2022, 03:03:16 AM »
Ciao nine club

they long ago ran out of interesting guest. only rocco remains.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2022, 03:29:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Ciao nine club
[close]

they long ago ran out of interesting guest. only rocco remains.

The bunt made some of their best ep with the most random people (to me prior of the itw)
check my music

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2022, 06:11:42 AM »

assvogel

• Rep: 195
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2022, 07:06:31 AM »
Listen, I'm not a Nine Club hater, in fact I've always gladly watched an episode if the guest is even remotely interesting.

But these fucking sigma-male-grindset-I-worked-48hours-a-day-while-you-slept-investor-nft-capital snakeoil selling douchebags are worst of the worst and should be kept as far as possible from skateboarding. If Mikey Taylor is hyped on the guest you can bet that dude sucks.

Show that has the skaters talking, yeah right. Do a kickflip Gary, you kook.

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2022, 07:11:02 AM »
Can’t fucking escape this guy. He just took over my entire city for his v con kook fest and now he’s on my least favorite skateboarding podcast.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1577
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2022, 07:29:47 AM »
We’re not dumb dude…..this is podcasters supporting podcasters…..

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2022, 07:33:50 AM »
Who?

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2022, 07:35:46 AM »
Well at least this is blessedly short... Gary Vee's time is too valuable to be gabbing for over 3 fucking hours (edited, of course).

Or maybe he just doesn't have much "value" to share.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2022, 07:37:31 AM »
The show that has crypto bros talking.

kerfield

• Rep: 5
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2022, 07:40:31 AM »
This was the podcast equivalent of being in the pub with a group of lads and one of them has been smashing gear all night.

Dollar Bill

• Rep: -12
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2022, 07:50:38 AM »
I'm suprised at the negativity, but then again it's Slap Forums. Gary was talking about going in on your passion, but if you are happy doing your 9-5, do you. Granted, he ain't know shit about skateboarding, but there was more food for thought in that episode than an industry guy that knew the right people or pro dick-rider ever brought the the table. Obviously, the guys made the Nine Club what it is today and have used Gary's advice to help them be "successful." He inspired them. He made it to the show because of that inspiration. Gary's advice is life shit, not skate shit. Everybody's shocked when actual free good advice is given, that they think there's a fucking angle. Yeah in this case, the angle is Gary is exposing himself to a new market, but in turn giving something as well. I know as a teenager, I could have used his "pep talk" when others told me or made me feel like I wasn't anything special, especially as a skater.   

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2022, 07:55:43 AM »
I'm suprised at the negativity, but then again it's Slap Forums. Gary was talking about going in on your passion, but if you are happy doing your 9-5, do you. Granted, he ain't know shit about skateboarding, but there was more food for thought in that episode than an industry guy that knew the right people or pro dick-rider ever brought the the table. Obviously, the guys made the Nine Club what it is today and have used Gary's advice to help them be "successful." He inspired them. He made it to the show because of that inspiration. Gary's advice is life shit, not skate shit. Everybody's shocked when actual free good advice is given, that they think there's a fucking angle. Yeah in this case, the angle is Gary is exposing himself to a new market, but in turn giving something as well. I know as a teenager, I could have used his "pep talk" when others told me or made me feel like I wasn't anything special, especially as a skater.
yoooo what up crob welcome to slap

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2022, 08:55:29 AM »
not a Gary Vee fan, but this was entertaining nonetheless

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2022, 09:05:00 AM »
Will watch and keep an open mind. I think a lot of people on here have a pretty wrong impression of the guy and might actually be surprised if they’d listen. I get the hate as well a bit, but it’s pretty funny how hard people go against these types of personalities and frankly a lot of things non skate related. You can usually get some value from some different areas of life and it’s not like this show isn’t 99.5% skate related anyways. Good for them if they want to broaden their audience a bit.

Go fuck yourself you bootlicking piece of shit.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2022, 09:38:50 AM »
this was utterly painful.

but to be fair:
it is obvious that all of the hosts came to the conclusion that this guest was a bad idea, while the interview was going on. you can hear it in their tone. propably there was no way back because of contracts binding them to publish this shitshow anyways.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2022, 09:54:32 AM »
That's embarrassing
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2022, 10:09:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's embarrassing

bullshit.
his advices are empty psudo inspirational entreprenieur phrases you can find since the dawn of publishing everywhere.
its always the same: someone got suuuper lucky, some cards dealt right, was at the right place at the right time, pushed and enabled by others or maybe even worked hard, but then tries to legetimate (and promote) himself by spreading his false memories. And then packing them into a product and selling them (biography, self help books/videos, workshops, mindset coaching and so on).

instagram is full of this shit nowadays aswell. and it is always absolutely the same phrases. you can take alot of his quotes and google them and you will find shitty inspirational posters with them all over the web.

the recipe is always the following: someone made (big) money quickly --> he thinks he hacked the system or knows something others don´t or whatever --> big money stops --> time to sell the hack/secret.

But nobody would sell you the secret if they could exploit it themselves. So "the way" is over.

There is no "Life Shit" - its empty phrases

thebacker

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2022, 10:40:06 AM »

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2022, 11:21:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
That's embarrassing
[close]

bullshit.
his advices are empty psudo inspirational entreprenieur phrases you can find since the dawn of publishing everywhere.
its always the same: someone got suuuper lucky, some cards dealt right, was at the right place at the right time, pushed and enabled by others or maybe even worked hard, but then tries to legetimate (and promote) himself by spreading his false memories. And then packing them into a product and selling them (biography, self help books/videos, workshops, mindset coaching and so on).

instagram is full of this shit nowadays aswell. and it is always absolutely the same phrases. you can take alot of his quotes and google them and you will find shitty inspirational posters with them all over the web.

the recipe is always the following: someone made (big) money quickly --> he thinks he hacked the system or knows something others don´t or whatever --> big money stops --> time to sell the hack/secret.

But nobody would sell you the secret if they could exploit it themselves. So "the way" is over.

i mean... in the the nine club episode he literally talks about everything you commented...

like, yeah he does his business "coach" persona stuff but he also is an actual social media guru who understands the platforms and how to leverage them for your success better than 90% of anybody.  as someone that works in social, he isn't someone people scoff at in that regard. 

he's certainly not for everybody, but he also isn't just a tony robbins snake oil weirdo

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2022, 12:08:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
That's embarrassing
[close]

bullshit.

[close]

i mean... in the the nine club episode he literally talks about everything you commented...

like, yeah he does his business "coach" persona stuff but he also is an actual social media guru who understands the platforms and how to leverage them for your success better than 90% of anybody.  as someone that works in social, he isn't someone people scoff at in that regard. 

he's certainly not for everybody, but he also isn't just a tony robbins snake oil weirdo

As someone who works in media advertising, the industry has a massive problem with attracting and retaining talent. You finish school thinking at an ad agency job is this big pedestal dream job, and once you get in, you realize that the pay and the hours are awful and you have to live in a big city and struggle until you can get out. Kids today are realizing this and are swaying away from advertising to start their careers. Vayner Media is no exception to this.

So for Gary Vee to be in a position to actually pay his employees what they are worth, but instead, pushes a mindset that you'll need multiple sources of income to be able to live a decent life. That's where he comes off that he wants to avoid having to increase his payroll rather than actually help kids.

Couple that with the fact that half of his 'techniques' are used by kids to scam customers into buying cheap products on Alibaba for a premium.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2022, 12:10:22 PM »
I admit i got scammed by Gary V in 2015, mainly from Andrew Shultz's + CThaGod podcast (they removed old episodes). Got one of his books and regretted it.

Also found out that he was an early VC for Facebook and Snapchap and found out he's got the same vibe at John McAfee, without the coke and hookers...H

Shit starts of really bad Gary trying to relate to old retired street skaters is hilarious

I tried to skip around ...its the usual Gary Vee B/s ...blah blah...fuck your feelings...only losers have one job...blah blah Im a hustler follow my model. 

This is some of the craziest shit he's said

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2022, 01:20:57 PM »
Gary has always seemed a bit off to me.. When he got a divorce lokey and started dating that brown eyed hottie.. I see you Gary.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2022, 01:23:23 PM »
Also found out that he was an early VC for Facebook and Snapchap and found out he's got the same vibe at John McAfee, without the coke and hookers...H

Ewww, he was a VC? No wonder he's so famous. That damn VC money. Dude paid for his whole career off his social network investments.

Ewww some of his money was probably used to make Instagram the way it is. Ewwwww.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 01:31:26 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »