Author Topic: Gary Vee on the nine club  (Read 6622 times)

Don

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
Re: Gary Vee on the nine club
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2022, 01:50:11 PM »
So you saying that is not some old skate legend that I don’t know about.

#switchgod

• Rep: -93
  • One love.
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2022, 01:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Will watch and keep an open mind. I think a lot of people on here have a pretty wrong impression of the guy and might actually be surprised if they’d listen. I get the hate as well a bit, but it’s pretty funny how hard people go against these types of personalities and frankly a lot of things non skate related. You can usually get some value from some different areas of life and it’s not like this show isn’t 99.5% skate related anyways. Good for them if they want to broaden their audience a bit.
[close]

Go fuck yourself you bootlicking piece of shit.

Lol. Go touch grass homie.

Of course Slap loses it's collective mind. Fucking virtue signalling losers in Nike blazers lol

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2022, 01:54:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Will watch and keep an open mind. I think a lot of people on here have a pretty wrong impression of the guy and might actually be surprised if they’d listen. I get the hate as well a bit, but it’s pretty funny how hard people go against these types of personalities and frankly a lot of things non skate related. You can usually get some value from some different areas of life and it’s not like this show isn’t 99.5% skate related anyways. Good for them if they want to broaden their audience a bit.
[close]

[close]

Fucking virtue signalling losers in Nike blazers lol

Kinda true

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2022, 02:06:34 PM »
It took so much doing to get Gary Vee content off my LinkedIn feed. And now he's in my skate podcasts.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 110
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2022, 03:09:45 PM »
i once had a boss who threw down a gary vee book and asked everybody to read it.

i quit not much longer, he also constantly tried to hook up with female employees while he was engaged (divorced 1 month after the wedding), forcing himself into their hotel rooms on company trips. he also used to hire girls based on their looks and wondered why they all didnt work out to be good employees. i fucking hate dude bro business culture, i fucking hate gary vee and his pseudo-motivational snake oil, and i fucking hate that hes now associated with skateboarding

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2022, 03:17:38 PM »
i once had a boss who threw down a gary vee book and asked everybody to read it.

i quit not much longer, he also constantly tried to hook up with female employees while he was engaged (divorced 1 month after the wedding), forcing himself into their hotel rooms on company trips. he also used to hire girls based on their looks and wondered why they all didnt work out to be good employees. i fucking hate dude bro business culture, i fucking hate gary vee and his pseudo-motivational snake oil, and i fucking hate that hes now associated with skateboarding

deep breathes bud

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2022, 03:25:59 PM »

You worked at VaynerMedia, huh? And the person who made you read the Gary Vee book was Gary Vee himself, right?

A few of my coworkers who worked there all said it was bro culture and they were required to pencils down stop, listen, and watch all his Ted Talks and such whenever he was on TV. Said it was straight toxic there.

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2022, 03:40:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Woah, chill lol

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2022, 10:45:41 PM »
Unfortunately I have homies following Nine Club but refusing The Bunt. Hope they will see light now.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2022, 12:45:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm suprised at the negativity, but then again it's Slap Forums. Gary was talking about going in on your passion, but if you are happy doing your 9-5, do you. Granted, he ain't know shit about skateboarding, but there was more food for thought in that episode than an industry guy that knew the right people or pro dick-rider ever brought the the table. Obviously, the guys made the Nine Club what it is today and have used Gary's advice to help them be "successful." He inspired them. He made it to the show because of that inspiration. Gary's advice is life shit, not skate shit. Everybody's shocked when actual free good advice is given, that they think there's a fucking angle. Yeah in this case, the angle is Gary is exposing himself to a new market, but in turn giving something as well. I know as a teenager, I could have used his "pep talk" when others told me or made me feel like I wasn't anything special, especially as a skater.
[close]
That's embarrassing
[close]

bullshit.
his advices are empty psudo inspirational entreprenieur phrases you can find since the dawn of publishing everywhere.
its always the same: someone got suuuper lucky, some cards dealt right, was at the right place at the right time, pushed and enabled by others or maybe even worked hard, but then tries to legetimate (and promote) himself by spreading his false memories. And then packing them into a product and selling them (biography, self help books/videos, workshops, mindset coaching and so on).

That's where the real money is
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2022, 12:50:23 AM »
I had no clue who that guy was and looked into it for 5 minutes.
Hard pass, can't stand the guy.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2022, 10:12:49 AM »
I thoroughly enjoyed the build up of he came from nothing.  Only to slip in he took over his father's already established $4 million business.   Rich people.  Amirite.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1435
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2022, 10:49:55 AM »
Of course these doofuses are gonna give this little vc gremlin a platform to sell them empty platitudes

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2022, 10:53:02 AM »
Of course these doofuses are gonna give this little vc gremlin a platform to sell them empty platitudes

Knowing Gary Vee and knowing Nine Club, Gary Vee paid them to be on the show to expand his audience. Guess his I-wear-a-beanie-slightly-off-my-head sthick probably wasn’t resonating with a younger audience anymore.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2022, 10:55:11 AM »

Annoyingly theve been putting financial success books on the shelves.  I think they all like tony robbins or some shit

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1435
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2022, 11:49:53 AM »
It makes sense why they were vibing with oblow and his fake positive bullshit. Empty headed dudes just letting any old shmuck sell them a monorail

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2022, 12:33:11 PM »
It makes sense why they were vibing with oblow and his fake positive bullshit. Empty headed dudes just letting any old shmuck sell them a monorail

I was thinking they were more likely shopping to sell 9club to Gary Vee or make the production part of VaynerMedia or whatever the fuck he promotes all the time now

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2022, 01:35:09 PM »

thebacker

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2022, 01:47:18 PM »

what a perfect way to derail this shit

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2022, 01:50:24 PM »
Just when you thought the 9 club couldn’t get worse..

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 145
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2022, 06:36:43 PM »

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2022, 12:21:08 AM »
I tried to listen to this shit for about 45 minutes. If I had to have a conversation with this dude for 2 hours, I would probably try to kill myself, or smack the shit out of him. There was not a single sentence by the 9 club dudes, that he did not interupt.

He is obviously successfull and good at what he does, but my fucking god, I hate listening him talk.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2022, 12:40:35 AM »

Damn bruh, homie really pulled himself up by his bootstraps and totally not off inheriting his dad's assets.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2022, 01:46:38 AM »

Damn bruh, homie really pulled himself up by his bootstraps and totally not off inheriting his dad's assets.

Not like us lazy Millennials and Gen Z fools with our avocado toasts and Starbucks.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2022, 05:27:29 AM »
Listen, I'm not a Nine Club hater, in fact I've always gladly watched an episode if the guest is even remotely interesting.

But these fucking sigma-male-grindset-I-worked-48hours-a-day-while-you-slept-investor-nft-capital snakeoil selling douchebags are worst of the worst and should be kept as far as possible from skateboarding. If Mikey Taylor is hyped on the guest you can bet that dude sucks.

Show that has the skaters talking, yeah right. Do a kickflip Gary, you kook.

This

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2022, 06:01:33 AM »
They need to explain in one sentence who these dipshits are so I dont have to piece it together from a whole paragraph telling me someone sucks.

They never summarise or intro people properly on the show too which shits me. Don’t assume everyone knows who these dudes are.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2022, 06:38:03 AM »
Fucking hate this guy. Youtube keeps recommending me him and other sigma grind airhead bro type of content. Shit's the worst. Not surprised at all though that this is Nine Clubs first non skater guest.

Haven't listened to nine club in a year probably, so don't really care, but would rather see them expand to snowboarding, surfing motocross etc. before this bullshit

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2022, 08:32:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Listen, I'm not a Nine Club hater, in fact I've always gladly watched an episode if the guest is even remotely interesting.

But these fucking sigma-male-grindset-I-worked-48hours-a-day-while-you-slept-investor-nft-capital snakeoil selling douchebags are worst of the worst and should be kept as far as possible from skateboarding. If Mikey Taylor is hyped on the guest you can bet that dude sucks.

Show that has the skaters talking, yeah right. Do a kickflip Gary, you kook.
[close]

This

For real when I read his book he mentions this, and I thought oh....so he just made a website to order wine from his dads store back when people where first doing e-commerce. 

What he did that got his site traffic was to make video showing that people generally don't notice when you buy cheap wine....his whole stick was ..." yea buy this cheap ass wine, your dumb ass cant taste the difference between this and top shelf Nor Cal wine anyway"

backspinflip

• Rep: -29
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2022, 09:05:06 AM »
sounds like pretty good marketing to me. obviously this guy sucks and is about as obnoxious as these internet personality fucks go, but growing his family business by like 15x seems like a weird thing to take aim at.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2022, 09:46:51 AM »
sounds like pretty good marketing to me. obviously this guy sucks and is about as obnoxious as these internet personality fucks go, but growing his family business by like 15x seems like a weird thing to take aim at.

he attributes it to his "hustle" when really he got lucky his dad ran a business that sells wine instead of a regular corner store that doesn't sell alcohol.

He also was telling people to buy his marked up shitty wine...