Author Topic: Skateboarding Dogs  (Read 891 times)

braksabbath

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 192
Skateboarding Dogs
« on: May 23, 2022, 07:53:00 PM »

It’s been said that it wasn’t caveman who fed wolf, it was wolf who shared fresh kill with caveman. What is a dog really thinking when they skate? Do bulldogs really make the best breed of skatedogs? I still have an old cruiser board gnarled with teeth marks from a usually doe-eyed lovebug pitbull who turned into a hellhound when boards were around, hated seeing me on a board and needed to protect all his people from Dangerous Noisy Rolley Stick.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
Re: Skateboarding Dogs
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 07:59:50 PM »

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 08:13:58 PM »
My dog always freaked out around skateboards too. I'm not sure how factual it is, but I heard bulldogs have a tendency to be on the lazier side. My take on it is that they get the thrill of running around without actually having to run so maybe they are the best breed for it?

These boys shred.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CchggMQuKWf/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVWBIrLp81d/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEwdkLDDjsg/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ5axwLjlhg/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 08:27:58 PM by UselessAsshole »

Clemskiba

• Rep: 50
  • almost canadian
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 08:14:38 PM »

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 08:35:41 PM »

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -480
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 04:10:04 AM »
Bulldogs only like to skate because humans bred them to be a pile of dying meat that can’t walk properly and overheats after 5 min. Plus they can’t give birth naturally, so whoever gets one is an animal abuser to me. They have as much in common with wolf as a giraffe.
Also, how can they be considered cute?
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 04:16:13 AM »
Bulldogs only like to skate because humans bred them to be a pile of dying meat that can’t walk properly and overheats after 5 min. Plus they can’t give birth naturally, so whoever gets one is an animal abuser to me. They have as much in common with wolf as a giraffe.
Also, how can they be considered cute?
It's an offshoot of Munchausen syndrome. Similar issue but coming from the opposite end as animal rescue fetishists

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 04:30:45 AM »
murdy is the only skateboarding dog i care about. RIP murdy

sk8punk110

• Rep: -39
My pillowcase is made out of griptape.  That core enough for your punk ass?

Crusty Grundle

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2022, 12:34:37 PM »
I just got a Frenchy, second hand, a couple of days ago from a person that could no longer take care of her. It seems like there has been no training or discipline in her previous home so I have my work cut out as far as house training and other basic dog skills. The first night she was home, I was watching some skate videos on youtube and she immediately watched with intense interest. Then I put on some videos with dogs skating and she seemed to really understand what she was watching on the TV screen. I pulled out my skateboard and put it on the tile floor... she came over sniffed it, gave it a test bite on the tail, and just kinda stared and sniffed it. I picked her up and set her on top of the board and she stood there. I started to push it down the hall and she would jump off but she wasn't freaking out or anything. Since then, I haven't had time to work on the skating thing but I leave the board lying wheels on the ground in the hall in case she feels like trying again. Once she starts obeying some basic commands and I get her not to piss and crap in the house, I'll move on to skating and see if it's something she wants to learn. I'm pretty stoked about this dog... and I never thought that I would like a Frenchy!

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2022, 06:04:56 PM »

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2022, 06:46:31 PM »

Tried getting him to skate when he was a pup and he’d stand and roll while I pushed him but could never figure out how to get in the board without shooting it out. He runs with me while I skate so good enough.