Author Topic: Quasi helps Texas  (Read 5387 times)

Spectre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -40
Quasi helps Texas
« on: May 25, 2022, 08:08:34 PM »
Quasi is donating 100 percent of the proceeds to help the victims of the recent tragedy in uvalde Texas.

Started out as an edgy graphic and now it's actually doing some good. If anyone is interested link is bio as always.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
Re: Quasi helps Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 08:31:40 PM »
is it 100% of quasi's cut or are both companies involved giving all the money back?
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 08:36:04 PM »
Started out as an edgy graphic and now it's actually doing some good.

proceeds from the board sales back then also went to help prevent gun violence in schools. gonna cop a shirt for sure, thanks for sharing.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Clemskiba

• Rep: 50
  • almost canadian
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 08:39:38 PM »
is it 100% of quasi's cut or are both companies involved giving all the money back?

it's mentioned on the shirt's page that quasi donated their graphic for the collab and that 100% of the profits will go to the uvalde strong fund

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.

Spectre

• Rep: -40
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 08:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Started out as an edgy graphic and now it's actually doing some good.
[close]

proceeds from the board sales back then also went to help prevent gun violence in schools. gonna cop a shirt for sure, thanks for sharing.

Oh cool i feel dumb for not knowing that the first time around haha. Thanks though much love from Texas.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 10:29:07 PM »
One of many reasons i chose Quasi each n everytime.

I also enjoy supporting Pass-Portal

T4T

• Rep: 8
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 12:30:58 AM »
payday tomorrow, can't wait to get spanked on shipping  :-\
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 06:09:59 AM »
Quasi is so dope...respect!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 06:17:05 AM »
I love Quasi and support the cause, but I dunno how I would feel wearing that shirt in public.

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2022, 06:46:42 AM »
QUASI X JUSTIFIED ARROGANCE collab wasn't on my Bingo card for this year

LebowskisRug

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2022, 07:13:59 AM »
I love Quasi and support the cause, but I dunno how I would feel wearing that shirt in public.

Ya to be honest I bought the last shirts and I had a shit ton of random people come up and say stuff like "if we only armed teachers". I don't think it's effective at all and I got rid of it because I was annoyed that it basically brought out MAGA types to speak to me.

Also they should be donating proceeds to direct lobbying and legislation efforts.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2022, 07:51:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ya to be honest I bought the last shirts and I had a shit ton of random people come up and say stuff like "if we only armed teachers". I don't think it's effective at all and I got rid of it because I was annoyed that it basically brought out MAGA types to speak to me.

Also they should be donating proceeds to direct lobbying and legislation efforts.

I thought of that scenario especially if I'm out in the Central Valley of CA - bootlicker country. I intend to only wear it when I skate as I figure most skaters would see it's a Quasi tee.

I also agree with it going to lobbying efforts, but in this case, Uvalde is a poorer community and I think the money going to those who lost children help lay them to rest does make sense as well.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2022, 08:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lobbyists…don’t necessarily need to/want to ‘win’.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2022, 08:22:17 AM »
Yeah, the intended message of the shirt isn't exactly clear considering that conservatives are advocating for actually arming teachers and what not. Nuance sort of gets thrown out the window with how bat shit crazy the right has become. On the other hand the graphic allowing room for interpretation is also why I find it funny. Regardless I already bought a shirt anyway because I like the graphic and the cause.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2022, 08:52:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lobbyists…don’t necessarily need to/want to ‘win’.

Lobbying is extremely valuable. It provides a resource for coordinated legislation in Congress and a lot of the work that people don't realize goes on and is necessary to pass legislation: providing a unified framework for legislation text, aligning MOC's on draft legislation, rallying votes even with the opposing party, and most importantly directly contributing to electing candidates at the state level. Most gun control legislation has started at the state level and it is an incredibly powerful way to get binding legislation introduced even if it gets gutted in the Court system.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2022, 08:54:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I thought of that scenario especially if I'm out in the Central Valley of CA - bootlicker country. I intend to only wear it when I skate as I figure most skaters would see it's a Quasi tee.

I also agree with it going to lobbying efforts, but in this case, Uvalde is a poorer community and I think the money going to those who lost children help lay them to rest does make sense as well.

I mean what you're admitting is you want to spend money virtue signaling to other skaters. Larger legs have already covered the funeral costs and are pouring money into the community. Grassroots organizations are not often more effective in terms of dollars spent ending up in the hands of individuals as they are often inefficient and have lower operating margins. Not that they're bad but the assumption that it directly translates more isn't clear. You can typically find this information on various nonprofit tracking sites.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2022, 09:48:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I mean what you're admitting is you want to spend money virtue signaling to other skaters. Larger legs have already covered the funeral costs and are pouring money into the community. Grassroots organizations are not often more effective in terms of dollars spent ending up in the hands of individuals as they are often inefficient and have lower operating margins. Not that they're bad but the assumption that it directly translates more isn't clear. You can typically find this information on various nonprofit tracking sites.

People got burned the last time for the black lives matter movement. There was an organization that used the funds for an extravagant mansion. Its understandable why some people are hesitant about donating to grass roots campaigns. Not detracting from this effort, but it is okay for people to have healthy skepticism about where their money is going.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/05/09/blms-patrisse-cullors-admits-using-6m-mansion-for-parties/amp/

FeechLaManna

• Rep: 8
  • long story short, I got my foot in her snatch-
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2022, 09:55:25 AM »
What am I missing here? Posts have been removed

somefucker

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2022, 10:28:25 AM »
What am I missing here? Posts have been removed

the post is still up

the IG account went private, prob from getting many mean, dumb DMs over the graphic

i halfcab board ledges

• Rep: 12
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2022, 11:32:44 AM »
crockett a good guy, good to see people standing up for change, this shit needs to end
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

i halfcab board ledges

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2022, 11:33:38 AM »
just finished stupid ass test for gov and about to walkout of my school in 20 min to protest.  Nice to see walkouts get organized, gotta say soemthing somehow.
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2022, 12:00:30 PM »
Piste got deleted they didn’t go private. What was it the I survived school today board reissue. Honestly fuck might as just keep it in rotation cause america never getting better.

Was just watching the videos of cops ready to tase parents trying to get in and save their children cause the fucking police were just standing there . Fuck this country and fuck Texas and the police so much.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2022, 12:26:30 PM »
I’ve grown up with the imagery and did ok, and maybe it’s happening right now but is it ever going to be a thing to say ‘fuck guns’? 

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2022, 01:55:22 PM »
I’ve grown up with the imagery and did ok, and maybe it’s happening right now but is it ever going to be a thing to say ‘fuck guns’?

I don’t think so. I mean I grew up with guns and hunting with my grandpa and eating what we killed but that level of consciousness in this country is long gone. I don’t want a gun but with how LA is going lately I even I’ve been like maybe it wouldn’t hurt. I’m more worried I’d use it on myself than anything but that’s reason enough for people to not own a gun. Why do we need something to kill our fellow human in the first place
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

InkkeACAB

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2022, 02:18:40 PM »
raised 8k - sick to see

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2022, 02:34:28 PM »
Piste got deleted they didn’t go private. What was it the I survived school today board reissue. Honestly fuck might as just keep it in rotation cause america never getting better.

Was just watching the videos of cops ready to tase parents trying to get in and save their children cause the fucking police were just standing there . Fuck this country and fuck Texas and the police so much.

its almost as if the texas police WANTED this to happen.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2022, 07:41:56 PM »
mad respect

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2022, 09:08:24 PM »
raised 8k - sick to see

probably more than that one blob fish fuck face ever will.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2022, 12:33:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t think so. I mean I grew up with guns and hunting with my grandpa and eating what we killed but that level of consciousness in this country is long gone. I don’t want a gun but with how LA is going lately I even I’ve been like maybe it wouldn’t hurt. I’m more worried I’d use it on myself than anything but that’s reason enough for people to not own a gun. Why do we need something to kill our fellow human in the first place

Don’t be part of the problem, be part of the solution. More guns is never to fix anything and it's not going to make you any safer, quite the opposite actually.

veritas

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2022, 03:25:28 AM »
i am absolutely not donating any of my rapidly devaluing dollars to anyone in politics over grassroots organizations/the actual family and communities involved in this tragedy