Author Topic: Ninja Bearings  (Read 923 times)

Daewons front truck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Ninja Bearings
« on: January 27, 2023, 05:47:37 PM »
I was reading an article somewhere online today, and I saw a mention of Ninja Bearings and I was instantly brought back to 2004 on some type of time travel nostalgia trip. I'm 13 years old and am looking around at a small skate shop that has way since burned down. I remember looking at the ninja star box they came in and thinking that those are the most badass looking bearings. Does anyone remember those? Do they still produce them?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Ninja Bearings
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 04:41:00 PM »

Googled.

https://www.instagram.com/ninja_bearing/

Last post was two days ago.

Don't ever think I had seen them before, but there you go.

Looked a bit more and they seem like they really are only in Japan, which makes sense why I hadn't seen them, but it could be a different brand or you are remembering them from there?

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 11:32:36 PM »

Googled.

https://www.instagram.com/ninja_bearing/

Last post was two days ago.

Don't ever think I had seen them before, but there you go.

Looked a bit more and they seem like they really are only in Japan, which makes sense why I hadn't seen them, but it could be a different brand or you are remembering them from there?
I remember Ninja had ads in TWS in early 2000’s, their team was mostly vert dudes like Lincoln Ueda etc.

edit. Found this ad, thrasher march 2000
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 12:26:48 AM »
http://www.ninjask8.jp/sp/item_1.html

How do they have 32+ different bearing products?! I rode the Minimizers on a setup way back, couldn't tell if they were good or bad since 90% of bearings sucked back then (looking at you Speed Demon).

Karl Watson and Brian Sumner still have pro models on there.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 03:45:13 AM »
Great quality proddy, used the 7s for years and if you maintain them, they last a long time!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

passthegeritol

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 08:27:12 AM »
I worked at a shop in the early 2000’s and sold so many of these!  The selling point was that they were made in Japan as opposed to most stuff being from China- higher quality materials and finish.  Yet they were priced to compete with all the China made stuff.  They really did last forever if you took care of them!

I haven’t heard of this brand since then so I would be curious to know if they still are made in Japan.  There were a few other big names on the brand in the 2000’s but they would just slap a different sticker on the box.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 09:00:34 AM »
They were all I rode when I was in Japan. Quality bearings and I never had any issues. They were heaps better than black panther and whatever crap wasn’t bones Swiss at the time.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 09:07:20 AM »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

FinkPloyd

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 09:10:06 AM »
I remember ninja bearings in the early 2000s that I got from my Midwest local. They came in a plastic ninja star and were cheap and effective. Haven't seen any in a long time.

blahblah999

• Rep: 20
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 01:52:31 PM »
since 90% of bearings sucked back then (looking at you Speed Demon).

When all the weird brands of bearings started popping up and every board/hardware/wheel company were selling bearings, they were basically the cheapest garbage with brand logos on them imported from China. Nothing like NMB, GMN, and Swiss bearings from before.

My brother bought a set of those Speed Demons in '96 right when they first came out, and they were the only bearing I ever saw break on the first day skating. He literally did tricks over a small gap around the corner from the skate shop and broke 2 bearings in about 15 minutes. Garbage quality.

Daewons front truck

• Rep: 30
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2023, 06:09:09 PM »
http://www.ninjask8.jp/sp/item_1.html

How do they have 32+ different bearing products?! I rode the Minimizers on a setup way back, couldn't tell if they were good or bad since 90% of bearings sucked back then (looking at you Speed Demon).

Karl Watson and Brian Sumner still have pro models on there.

Glad to see that, anyone else remember Ryan Sheckler had a pro model ninja bearing? They are one of the nostalgic brands that brings back a ton of memories of simpler times. Anyone else remember Halos Hardware? They are another brand that brings back those memories, each pack came with a h logo sticker. I can't even find many pictures of those which is sad to me. It's amazing how little things like a hardware company can  bring back so many vibes and good memories. I don't know if it's strange to associate small things like that to memories, I'm just glad I have some fellow long time skaters (all you guys)  here to help keep the memory and the feeling alive. Thanks bros.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2023, 09:11:43 PM »