Author Topic: UK skater-owned store video 'Welcome 2: Hell' - sick skating & crusty Brit spots  (Read 1844 times)

smellofdeath2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
This one premiered on Friday and is from Leeds-based skater-owned-store Welcome.

Some really good skating in here, loads of Northern English cities and spots that you might not have seen from one of the UK's strongest skate scenes.
Good music/filming too

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
One of the best U.K. vids in years if not ever, highly recommend everyone watch. Dale’s part is fucked but everyone killed it. Josh really knows how to put a video together, great music selection. I love Blinky, he’s my fave. Leeds has a fucking rad skate scene.

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 86
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
This was pretty fucking spectacular. It had just about everything in it.

Argyle

• Rep: 38
Love the shop and echo what everyone's saying above. Great video

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
    • My Photos avatar image
That was really great. Thanks for sharing.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Excellent.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

juniormint

• Rep: 140
Fucking great, makes me wanna skate.

Frank Sobotka

Can I just say as well, the music choices were spot on. The juxtaposition of the crusty punk dude with the Discharge top on skating to dance music was cool.

The UK scene goes hard, and there's much more to it than that there London. Up the North!

youreamug

• Rep: 22
Wholesome skate mum part is the pinnacle of skate videos

youreamug

• Rep: 22
Also, Dale Starkie is the most classic, kitchen-sink type of name. Beautiful stuff

KDP

• Rep: 12
Dale fully elevating himself with that part. Loved it.

Alfigator

• Rep: 0
Loved this video, reminded me of scene vids of my youth. This would definitely have been rinsed on repeat in the VHS days

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
Bloody loved this I did, definitely see me returning to this one again. Track selection and editing was on point.

Nice to have a vid that felt like to me, captured the scene it's focused around pretty well.

I really liked Jasper's trick in it, too.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 94
  • What the fuck was that
Good stuff
Cocteau Twins

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
That was great, often feel like UK skating doesn't really get the exposure it deserves... videos like this really lift the lid.

disappointed

• Rep: 100
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
One of the best U.K. vids in years if not ever, highly recommend everyone watch. Dale’s part is fucked but everyone killed it. Josh really knows how to put a video together, great music selection. I love Blinky, he’s my fave. Leeds has a fucking rad skate scene.

I can only echo these sentiments. Bumping this thread for those who missed it, just a brilliant video all round.

Note: I also liked the different pacing to alot of videos - it doesn’t have a heavy intro, and starts out pretty mellow, and then builds on that. By the time Zeta come on, I was hooked. Definitely give it a chance and you’ll be stoked.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 12:35:00 AM by disappointed »

nollieheelnoseslide

• Rep: 0
thanks for all the love. glad some people out there liked it x

The juxtaposition of the crusty punk dude with the Discharge top on skating to dance music was cool.

love this haha

Frank Sobotka

This really needs to be seen by a bigger audience. It would be cool to see some other SOS's putting full lengths out, like Lost Art and co., there are some proper heads on Lost Art.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
This really needs to be seen by a bigger audience. It would be cool to see some other SOS's putting full lengths out, like Lost Art and co., there are some proper heads on Lost Art.

Note in Manchester put out New Normal last year which features some pretty big names!
Dom Henry, Joe Gavin, Ben Grove, Joe O’Donnell!
Super rad video!

This welcome video was amazing too! Blinky had my favourite but but will and dale shut it down too!
Loved the Heelflip then quick nollie heel

Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk