Author Topic: Dylan Jaeb "Hi"  (Read 9544 times)

Good and Evil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Dylan Jaeb "Hi"
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2022, 08:05:32 AM »
He good. Some of the flat ground stuff was authoritative (fakie tre, 360 flip downhill, impossible off the bump), pretty impressive for that age. Looking forward to his first proper primitive part.

That impossible was so good

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2022, 08:09:11 AM »
This to me felt a bit like one of those pressure washing or car detailing videos on youtube. Sometimes it's nice and relaxing to watch someone who is super fucking good at their job.

gri

• Rep: 19
  • papauueueppe
« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2022, 10:48:21 AM »
hot take: hollister ad skate part with vanilla dude hugging his mom has more personality and is more unique than:

- sewing hardcore band logos on your cut jeans
- smoking weed (in slo-mo)
- fighting security guards and being annoying

ps. if he's 17 he was 2 years old when fully flared came out. for me its crazy like he probably wasnt even born when some mike mo clips were filmed haha
shout out birds

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2022, 11:15:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

stop comparing him to mikemo. its not even close. this dude is basic. sure its clean, but very boring and unoriginal.
ya mikemo is (was) so exciting and original..

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2022, 11:46:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Y’all sayin this is throwaway are bonkers. Just because he made shit look sleepy and first try or the angle doesn’t do the spot justice doesn’t make it throwaway lmao. Not really my type of skating but god damn this dudes got the skills.
[close]

It’s a footage dump before Primitive, that’s all.  Kid is impeccable imo

Makes sense. Footage dump for a sponsor change is way different than throwaway to me though.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2022, 11:59:29 AM »
He’s really talented at skating.  The part wasn’t that exciting though.    Nothing edgy about it.  If you changed the title and told me this was filmed in 2011 I would believe it.  I assume Dylan has some bangers saved up for the next video (whether that’s Primitive or whatever).

LebowskisRug

« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2022, 12:21:24 PM »
In the Jason Lee 9 Club he talks about really stomping a tre flip- the oomph. That's what makes people like Bobby so enjoyable to watch. I enjoy seeing some power, but it's also nice to watch some precision, but I rewatch these parts less.

dazedazedaze

• Rep: 7
« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2022, 01:53:27 PM »
obviously clean as hell, and I actually really like that second SVE song, but it didnt add to the video which was bland overal. he's going to be insane when he is, you know, not a kid.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2022, 07:05:41 PM »
Fakie front 180 up the curb to bigspin heelflip down the gap was cool.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2022, 07:35:28 PM »
hot take: hollister ad skate part with vanilla dude hugging his mom has more personality and is more unique than:

- sewing hardcore band logos on your cut jeans
- smoking weed (in slo-mo)
- fighting security guards and being annoying

ps. if he's 17 he was 2 years old when fully flared came out. for me its crazy like he probably wasnt even born when some mike mo clips were filmed haha
Underrated post

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2022, 08:00:38 PM »
In the Jason Lee 9 Club he talks about really stomping a tre flip- the oomph. That's what makes people like Bobby so enjoyable to watch. I enjoy seeing some power, but it's also nice to watch some precision, but I rewatch these parts less.
i think you mean the pow #bringbackthepow

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -109
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2022, 08:52:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

stop comparing him to mikemo. its not even close. this dude is basic. sure its clean, but very boring and unoriginal.
[close]

Yeah he was lol

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -468
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2022, 09:22:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah he was lol
yeah mikemo was definitely exciting when he came out, and was doing a new flavor of tech shit that wasn’t super common.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2022, 11:19:00 AM »
Definitely a old footy drop...saw zero/mystery, AH & Alien wood...I like that he throws front heels around(the front heel to front kf ratio is def off these days imo)
Free Charlie Rambo

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2022, 11:31:02 AM »
hot take: hollister ad skate part

hahahahahaha

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2022, 02:11:09 PM »
Expand Quote
hey kid, I know you're reading this.

that was sick. keep it up.
[close]

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2022, 02:25:29 PM »
Expand Quote
As expected.
On that high end.

Hyped to see all the goons up in here having to rectify their illogical statements about the dude being in the park too much.

Long live good skateboarding.
Long live California excellence.
[close]

shit was dry af (not the 2 minutes of hawaii mountaions)

there was no variety. just a bunch of 7 and 8 stairs and all his poods ledge tricks on butter benches. It also leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you just dump all the DC footage on us that now cant be used since he quit Also, clips with zero boards and cheech and chong boards means this footage is OLD AF. He should be putting out 3 parts like this a year with how good he is. crazy this is the first one.

You are not aware of the SOTY race and how it works nowadays, right?

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2022, 04:55:25 PM »
If he skated cooler spots (which he'll have access to through Primitive going on trips) and had a better video editor (debatable at Primitive) he could put out something way better than this, and this wasn't even bad, there were some highlight moments.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2022, 08:26:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah he was lol
[close]
yeah mikemo was definitely exciting when he came out, and was doing a new flavor of tech shit that wasn’t super common.

No he wasn’t. He was exactly like Jaeb. Impressive because he was young and did shit clean.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2022, 08:44:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah he was lol
[close]
[close]

No he wasn’t. He was exactly like Jaeb. Impressive because he was young and did shit clean.

Mo did a fakie front crook fakie tre flip out in 2006... I'd say that was pretty innovative for the time.

bohemian

• Rep: -345
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2022, 11:11:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah he was lol
[close]
[close]

[close]

Mo did a fakie front crook fakie tre flip out in 2006... I'd say that was pretty innovative for the time.

also, its not only the tricks that makes a dude innovative, mikemos approach and style was def a new thing when he hit the scene.

twice

• Rep: -4
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2022, 02:20:42 AM »
in terms of Instagram skaters hyun kummer > dylan jaeb

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2022, 04:35:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah he was lol
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

also, its not only the tricks that makes a dude innovative, mikemos approach and style was def a new thing when he hit the scene.
It's hard to understate how much of an impact that opening part in Fully Flared was. My generation loved Mike Mo.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2022, 04:50:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah he was lol
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It's hard to understate how much of an impact that opening part in Fully Flared was. My generation loved Mike Mo.
Mike mo was so good when he came out that people put up with all that 8=D and chuck the sailor horse shit.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -128
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2022, 05:14:39 AM »
Kid is good at flat. Was the blue paint just for touchups or did they paint the whole spot?

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2022, 09:36:02 AM »
If he skated cooler spots (which he'll have access to through Primitive going on trips) and had a better video editor (debatable at Primitive) he could put out something way better than this, and this wasn't even bad, there were some highlight moments.

he literally lives in southern california.... spots are pretty cool out there from what i can tell

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2022, 09:50:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
As expected.
On that high end.

Hyped to see all the goons up in here having to rectify their illogical statements about the dude being in the park too much.

[close]

there was no variety. just a bunch of 7 and 8 stairs and all his poods ledge tricks on butter benches. It also leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you just dump all the DC footage on us that now cant be used since he quit Also, clips with zero boards and cheech and chong boards means this footage is OLD AF. He should be putting out 3 parts like this a year with how good he is. crazy this is the first one.
[close]

Have you ever filmed a video part with your friends? not even sponsored, in your city with your crew, in the streets. With no skate park footy? most everyone i know has put out some sort of clips in the streets regardless of how good or bad they were or their age. its pretty normal to want to hit your local spots, isnt it? im just saying its weird to be this good and to not have anything under your belt. Not even a homie video or like a dope edit with a crew. No shop video. nothing like that. its really weird.

Mike Mo wouldnt have been that cool at all if his fully flared or forecast parts were all skatepark footy then the first street part that came out was a bunch of old sponsor me tape mash up crap. and Mikemo wasnt just doing the stock butter shit. He was goin crazy in the streets doing all kinds of hot new shit. Also in forecast he was 15 and was 17 when fully flared came out. And that was still the full length era when it took a couple years to put video parts out.

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2022, 10:43:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
As expected.
On that high end.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Have you ever filmed a video part with your friends? not even sponsored, in your city with your crew, in the streets. With no skate park footy? most everyone i know has put out some sort of clips in the streets regardless of how good or bad they were or their age. its pretty normal to want to hit your local spots, isnt it? im just saying its weird to be this good and to not have anything under your belt. Not even a homie video or like a dope edit with a crew. No shop video. nothing like that. its really weird.

Yes i have. Mostly because i grew up with no proper skatepark. So we visited out hometownspots and neighbouring cities to film. We were all about jumping down stuff and counting stairs anyways. Hard to do in a park. It evolved in skating skateparks at some point but not filming. Especially because we all lacked transitionskills. And who wants to see our boardslides and 5050s on parkrails?
Flatbarskills and skating boxes became serious at a point when we all had iphones and our city got a proper park. So this stuff went to the gram. Homievideos stopped right then for us unfortunately.

So if i imagine growing up with skating a good skatepark and me and all my friends having iphones, there would propably be no street footage of me at all. I am not saying that this would be a good thing. Just showing a perspective.

Further i predict two streetparts by Dylan this Year. One is propably more than half done already. Then i predict a transition banger part aswell. And SOTY if it works out and he doesn’t get hurt.

”Hi“ is literally the introduction into something well calculated.

ralf_

• Rep: -27
  • yo
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2022, 11:04:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah he was lol
[close]
[close]

[close]

lets think about it again… fakie front crook fakie Tre flip… I know it could be argued that its a fakie ollie to switch frontside crooked fakie Tre flip out… but when someone does a fakie 5-0 we don't call it fakie ollie switch nose grind, right? so what's a fakie ollie to switch front crooked? fakie salad maybe?

cheers from the overthinking tricks names camp
wittgenstein says meaning is usage and i think the sk8 community as a whole is stoked af on ludwig.

skool

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2022, 03:48:55 PM »
Brethrens good but Koston and Mo were better at 17, without the perfect training grounds of today.